ClubAdventist is back!

Dr. Gottfried Oosterwal

Jeannieb43

• Moderators

Dr. Gottfried Oosterwal, a leading Seventh-day Adventist theologian, died last week at the age of 86.   He was living in Berrien Springs, Michigan at the time of his death.   He had been teaching on the faculty of Andrews University for many years.   He also labored in Papua New Guinea for many years.  His lectures and his writing brought many to a wider understanding of the mission of our church to those in unbelieving territories.   He loved people.   He was a native of Holland, and never lost his Dutch accent.  He was a giant in our denomination.

• Like 2

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I've had a special warm spot in my heart of memories for him. His slide-show presentation of his time of missionary service in papau new guinea was given in tones of good humor and wit. At lunch he was telling me of how he had to tote around a small pouch of daily pills to keep combating the various illnesses he picked up in PNG. 

It'll be nice to meet him in the kingdom.

http://tinyurl.com/q9ystsw

http://tinyurl.com/pfeczne  

• Moderators

AKA, Thank you for the Indiana University write-up about Dr. Oosterwaal.  I loved reading it.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• Stan unpinned this topic