ClubAdventist is back!

The Trump

• Moderators
17 hours ago, rudywoofs said:

We can only hope.

As a Republican, I'm embarrassed by Trump's words and behavior.  There's no way on God's green earth that I'd ever vote for him.

Genuine question: As a republican who are the people who you think you could vote for at this point?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members
3 hours ago, lazarus said:

Genuine question: As a republican who are the people who you think you could vote for at this point?

Frankly, I haven't seen anyone on either side of the field for whom I'm impressed enough to vote.  

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Ok. Is there someone who is NOT running that you think you would vote for if they threw their hat in?

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

Politics is a series of compromises. The person running for President or any other office is supposed to represent a very large diversity of people, not exactly a possibility. Therefore as a voting public we have to make a decision on the candidate we feel/think/hope will do the best for the country as a whole, not special interests or just follow the party line. That is very difficult, but it is our only choice. To not vote for someone is to give in to hopelessness.

The problem I see as of late is the losing party doing everything they can to stop the elected Presidents actions. The concern is to get their party back in power. Happens with both sides. Ideology is becoming the rule of the country rather than what is best for the country.

• Members

I didn't say I won't vote.  I've voted in every election for the past 40+ years.  I'm saying at this point in time, *nobody* on either side has my vote.  (I love and support my family, but I just can't see Jeb as President..)  I also don't see a dark horse candidate in the wings who I'd vote for.

I vote for who I think is the lesser of two evils.  The main issue, in general, that I see with the Republican candidates is a "shoot from the hip" attitude on a lot of things, including immigration and terrorism.  The main issue, in general, that I see with the Democratic candidates is a lack integrity.  I don't trust people who have a "shoot from the hip" attitude, nor do I trust people who speak "with forked tongue"....

Just my opinion....

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

We are in agreement, wasn't suggesting you wouldn't vote. A statement in general because people do give up and don't vote.  What percent of the population actually vote? and then it only takes 51% of that vote to win. Only 25-30 % voted for the person who wins? That is a tough job.

• Like 1

• Members

Agreed, CoA!  People need to vote!

• Moderators

I feel like Trump is working to elect Hilary. Maybe Trump and Bill did do a deal.

Einstein

For all the hue and cry about telling the truth.......why is Trump failing the "truth test". Takeing a look at the political truth checking sites, he fails miserably!

I guess the truth for his followers is what ever he says it to be...talk about dysfunctional!

• Members

I don't see them making empty promises, what I see is most if not all make promises that people want to hear and than they get voted into office and run up against the other party that is not willing to help, even if it is the best course of action. I don't see this changing any time soon, only getting worse, and more and more lies being thrown out about there opponents.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

To some extent, although there are an awful lot of 'we will cut taxes to zero but build the mightiest army the world has ever seen and wipe out the budget deficit' promises, for example, that are simply not compatible with reality. In that situation, it's not the opposing parties, but that politicians promise what no-one can deliver.

• Like 1

Truth is important