ClubAdventist is back!

Bible Reading mks Liberals

GayatfootofCross

Warning: Actual Bible Reading Likely To Turn You Into A Liberal, Study Shows

December 9, 2015 • By Randa Morris

Christian researchers have discovered the existence of a book that is so dangerous to conservative ideology, Republicans may soon decide to ban it altogether. Strangely enough, that book is the Christian Bible.

According to a study published in Christianity Today, people who say they read the Christian Bible frequently are far more likely to support liberal policies, when compared to those who read the Bible less often.

The study also found a startling difference in opinion between people who say they read the Bible on their own, apart from any outside influence, and those who participated mostly in “guided reading,” under the direction of church leaders or others.

According to Christianity Today, while most studies have found a strong association with regular church attendance and conservative views, this study was the first to look at how “independent Bible reading” influences political and moral beliefs.

The The study found that, “Unlike some other religious practices, reading the Bible more often has some liberalizing effects—or at least makes the reader more prone to agree with liberals on certain issues. This is true even when accounting for factors such as political beliefs, education level, income level, gender, race, and religious measures (like which religious tradition one affiliates with, and one’s views of biblical literalism).”

Researchers graphed the amount of time people said they read the Christian Bible, apart from any outside influence. They also created a comparative graph to illustrate positions various political, social and moral issues.

Here are some of the findings, as reported in Christianity Today:

“Support for abolishing the death penalty increased by about 45 percent for each increase on the five-point scale measuring Bible-reading frequency.”

“…the more someone reads the Bible, the more likely he or she is to believe science and religion are compatible. (For each increase on the five-point scale, the odds that they see religion and science as incompatible decrease 22 percent.)”

“How important is it,” the survey asked, “to actively seek social and economic justice in order to be a good person?” Again, as would be expected, those with more liberal political leanings were more likely to say it’s very or somewhat important. And those who read the Bible more often were more likely to agree. Indeed, they were almost 35 percent more likely to agree… Those who are most engaged in their faith (by directly and frequently reading its source material) are those who are most supportive of social and economic justice. “

“For each increased level of Bible-reading frequency, support for the Patriot Act, decreased by about 13 percent.”

On the subject of consumerism, participants were asked if it is important to “consume less goods” in order to be a good person.

“Ask an evangelical who is politically conservative, has some college education, has an average level of income, is a biblical literalist, and does not read the Bible, and you’ll have only a 22 percent chance he or she will say reducing consumption is part of ethical living. Ask the same person, only now they read the Bible, and you’ll have a 44 percent chance they’ll say so.”

As Addicting Info’s Elisabeth Parker wrote here, Jesus was a bleeding heart liberal.

The results of the study seem to indicate that it’s not the Christian Bible that turns people into hateful conservatives, but something else altogether.

The results of another study, also conducted by the Christian research group LifeWay, indicate that the majority of Christians are not getting their religion from the Bible, but from other religion sources.

The study, conducted among Christian churchgoers found that only 19 percent of churchgoers say they read the Bible daily. An almost equal number, 18 percent, said they read it “rarely or almost never.” Most respondents, 22 percent, said they read the Bible “once a month” or a few times a month, while only 14 percent said they read it once a week.

All of this goes a long way toward explaining how conservatives can claim to be Christian, yet behave in a manner that is completely contrary to what Jesus taught in the Bible.

They’ve never read the Bible. They rely on Fox News and Rush Limbaugh for their religious instruction.

Since actual Bible reading seems to destroy any belief in Republican Jesus, it’s likely many Christians would prefer to walk on hot coals than read the book they profess to believe in.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Most interesting, but you also need to find and post the links to the actual research. Makes for less upfront argument as to the validity of the article.

If they are suggesting that the Bible reading teaches us that life is not about ourselves but others, than there is alot of rhetoric out there about 'values' that is leaning the wrong way!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoAspen said:

Most interesting, but you also need to find and post the links to the actual research. Makes for less upfront argument as to the validity of the article.

If they are suggesting that the Bible reading teaches us that life is not about ourselves but others, than there is alot of rhetoric out there about 'values' that is leaning the wrong way!!

i put the author

i couldn't find anything else.

:)

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

43 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

i put the author

i couldn't find anything else.

2 hours ago, CoAspen said:

thanku for pushing me further CoAspen!

i looked more

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/12/09/warning-actual-bible-reading-likely-to-turn-you-into-a-liberal-study-shows/

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/october/survey-bible-reading-liberal.html

earlier i went to CT website and put authors name

nuthin

after your post

i googled author

ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Romeo and Juliet

I strongly disagree with the "Research".  If one reads the Bible and understand it properly one should be conservative. God is very conservative.  When God saw Adam and Eve disobeyed His common He did not give any room to rationalize it as liberals may come up such a reason as "well, Adam and Eve are newly created and did not have much experience to deal with such a temptation after all God allowed Satan to come disguised as Serpent so God should give a second chance".  Look at Moses. When Moses came to the rock he disobeyed God and struck the rock instead of commanding with words as he was very angry with the Israelites.  God could have said well I understand you, Moses, for being angry but don't do it next time. This would have been a liberal thinking.  But, because of this disobedience God told Moses that he won't be entering the promised land Canan.  The Bible has a lot of stories to be conservative. The wise man in the Old Testament days said the fools go to the left(liberal)  while the wise goes to the right(conservative) Eccl. 10:2

The above post focus is on 'sin' rather than the focus of the article, which is looking at how people perceive their belief systems  and the world around them. 

Some view 'conservative' as all about the 'sin' in others, and 'liberal' as seeing the value in others. Christ life was about both but mostly about about the value in others and presenting a better hope and life. Pointing out the 'sin' around Him was not a primary focus. The Jewish religious leaders were rather adept at that. We have plenty of 'sin' pointers, what we need is more pointers of 'hope'.

Probably makes me a 'liberal' in some circles...but thats okay with me!!

• Like 2

I was heavily indoctrinated at 12 year old and up.

Became this radical conservative and only Christian and only SDA in a very liberal home in a very rural area.

I left church in the dust at 15 and when I was 22 ..A stranger knocked on my door in a major Port City  and gave me The Great Controversy.

God showed me in the last chapter that i would be outside the Kingdom and watch JESUS die for me and i was still lost.

Cut my heart to pieces and i repented and became a New Creation

I  became a Literature  Evangelist and a SS teacher and a Deacon  and put on a pedestal by my church.

I devoured everything written by EGW and read the Bible thru a very conservative lens.

Very much mirroring my Small Conservative Country Home Church. I never met any SDA person who was not like us.

Well that lasted a lil over 2 years. I started dying inside soon after I became Saved. I felt like I couldn't talk to anyone.

And This very conservative God that i loved ..i couldn't talk to either.. Yes I prayed and prayed on bloody knees..

but it was always in self abasement and shame for not being Straight. I would have imaginations of killing myself again ( i tried when i was 15) for many many years.

My Wonderful Country Home Conservative Church taught me to hate myself more that I already did (coming from a very abusive family).

My Church did not try to do that.  Yet that Pic of GOD they shared ..... well anyhoo!

It has been a long long road of forgiveness to my church to me and to my family and to my God.

I had to soak myself.in this new Pic of GOD for me to be honest with HIM and finding no condemnation From HIM.

Which is vital to Life in His Spirit..

Seeing This God falls in line with the more Liberal Christian bunch I am finding online..

I still sit side by side with  very conservative Christians.

Excited by Carson or Trump or Cruz or Bush

( my Partner and I were helping a young couple from church move and the she made a cup of coffee and apologized for drinking it..saying it was her sin)

And yes some still argue about women wearing pants in church.

And I smile.

So glad that is not a hot button item with me..I have no problem wearing a dress to church! :P

As of late I actually found ( in my church ) a Liberal old Couple who are Lifelong and Multi generational SDA's who actually believe Gay Marriage can be Holy.

All the SDA's I know face to face don't say that at all.

Maybe there are others who feel that way but know they'd be runned off. It pays to get past the pleasantry of church chat and go deeper.

We are still growing and understanding the Bible is not some lifeless book..but Growing and Breathing Jesus Walk and Talk and how it applies to the current world.

#it pays high dividends to wipe the slate clean and read the bible for yourself and toshare what u find in your JOY

Especially  Focusing on JESUS IS GOD ON THE CROSS RECONCILING ALL SINNERS TO HIMSELF

and to Reflect that!

Romeo and Juliet

As of late I actually found ( in my church ) a Liberal old Couple who are Lifelong and Multi generational SDA's who actually believe Gay Marriage can be Holy.

Maybe there are others who feel that way but know they'd be runned off. It pays to get past the pleasantry of church chat and go deeper.

Does this elderly couple supercede what God has said? Doesn't matter a fig what some elderly couple thinks contrary to what God has said.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

12 minutes ago, bonnie said:

Does this elderly couple supercede what God has said? Doesn't matter a fig what some elderly couple thinks contrary to what God has said.

Hi Bonnie.

Well as Ive said a long time ago when we met here..

If our SDA Church studies this issue as hard and deep with God in the Mist as our SDA Ancestors studied Hell and the Sabbath and the Second Coming some might come away thinking very differently about this.

Our Church Going against the Tide of Popular belief of Most Churches of the Day.

And being persecuted for such...( always happens )

and

No one disagrees with the Holy Bible here.

We disagree on the Interpretation/Understanding of it.

Both Liberal Christians and Conservatives Christians

(and not all agree on either side on any one issue)

It always comes down to Individuals.

Ive said that too somewhere here recently

Romeo and Juliet

Maybe the best way to live in peace with God would be to accept the Truth, however others wish to respond.

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.....John 8

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.....John 14

8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.....Hebrews 13

165 Great peace have they which love thy law: and nothing shall offend them.....Psalm 119

I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.....John 15

Five steps to peace on earth, the way to find it easy.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light......Matthew 11

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

12 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

Hi Bonnie.

Well as Ive said a long time ago when we met here..

If our SDA Church studies this issue as hard and deep with God in the Mist as our SDA Ancestors studied Hell and the Sabbath and the Second Coming some might come away thinking very differently about this.

Our Church Going against the Tide of Popular belief of Most Churches of the Day.

And being persecuted for such...( always happens )

and

No one disagrees with the Holy Bible here.

We disagree on the Interpretation/Understanding of it.

Both Liberal Christians and Conservatives Christians

(and not all agree on either side on any one issue)

It always comes down to Individuals.

Ive said that too somewhere here recently

I suppose we may find out there is a hidden text or chapter somewhere that says OOPs,God didn't really mean the following

What Does The BIBLE Say About Homosexuality  . . .

"You shall not lie with a male as with a woman.

It is an abomination."

(Leviticus 18:22)

"If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman,

both of them have committed an abomination.

They shall surely be put to death.

Their blood shall be upon them."

(Leviticus 20:13)

"Do you not know that the unrighteous

will NOT inherit the Kingdom of God"

Do not be deceived.

Neither fornicators, ...

nor adulterers,

nor homosexuals,

nor sodomites,

nor thieves, ...

will inherit the Kingdom of God.

And such were some of you.  (We are all sinners ... 'Repent' means stop and return to God)

But you were washed   (by the innocent blood of Jesus which was shed for all of our sins)

But you were sanctified  (means "set apart")

But you were justified  (justified means "just as if it had never happened ...")

in the Name of the Lord Jesus

and by the Spirit of our God."

(1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

And God warns all those who simply "approve of" these things  . . .

"For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven

against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men . . .

For even their women exchanged the natural use

for what is against nature (lesbianism).

Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman,

burning in their lust for one another,

men with men committing what is shameful (homosexuality) . . .

that those who practice these things are worthy of death (Hell),

and not only those who do the same

but also those who approve of those who practice them!"

(Romans 1:18, 26, 27, 32)

(Note:  Other offenses were also included which were not listed here.)

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

If we cannot believe what God has clearly stated,what portion of the bible to we believe? Do we get to pick and choose according to our lifestyle?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bonnie said:

If we cannot believe what God has clearly stated,what portion of the bible to we believe? Do we get to pick and choose according to our lifestyle?

::like::

Amen!  This seems to be in agreement with that.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.....2 Corinthians 6

Lift Jesus up!!

Well I know my audience and I will not be Giving any seminars here

LOL

And i have shared repeatedly my Partner and I are Celibate for many years by God's Grace

I did put something out there when I first got here

And seeing Christians response tells me alot when the OP shares has nothing to do with Homosexualality but violent forcible rape to dominate and humiliate any more than heterosexual rape is not about sex

You think I can go deeper? Do I dare?

I did dare..on a Broader level!

http://clubadventist.com/forums/topic/62910-a-god-of-concessions-divorce-etclistislong/#comment-691726

And that got twisted too and on top of that many can't conceive it automatically applies to them in their own walk. and heterosexual choices.

so anyhoo

And talking to you of all people about this? Addressing those verses?

i can scream like a girl

lol lol lol

there is plenty out there to study on the internet addressing the Israelite Culture and The Writ of Hebrew and principles of God's Character regarding any or all issues close to the heart of

LGBTIQQAAP Community

and on top of that

......  every Christian I know cherry picks ..holding some things close to the heart and reasoning away other things to their own individuality,peeve, lifestyle, culture,time.journey and community of faith and indoctrination, growth,healing.courage as well as family practices.

Some here even love Jesus but think nothing to look at someone with a different opinion than God's opinion of Them and thinks that is not a sin yet that's what the Second highest Commandment.

Are they repenting daily in agony and tears over their knee jerk reaction to a stranger or a friend in their heart of hearts?

We are to be a a Body that hurts and bleeds when others leave! Is this how it truly is?

That is an example I see time and time again ..just to name COMMANDMENT  not cherry picked and held close to the heart.

All Sin is never Good cause when it fully blossoms it leads to death.

God does not want that for us.

It is not a list of Do's and dont's

Sin obscures our Vision of GOD.

It makes us run away from HIM

Not the other way around.

That deserves its own thread more than another gay thread

May the Joy of the LORD be Your Strength !

Pssstt..I still have a boatload of LGBTIQQAAP and How Jesus relates to them "stuff" to share

When i choose

all in good time

all in good time

Romeo and Juliet

Frequent Bible reading has some predictable effects on the reader. It increases opposition to abortion as well as homosexual marriage and unions. It boosts a belief that science helps reveal God's glory. It diminishes hopes that science will eventually solve humanity's problems. But unlike some other religious practices, reading the Bible more often has some liberalizing effects—or at least makes the reader more prone to agree with liberals on certain issues. This is true even when accounting for factors such as political beliefs, education ...

Could it be that liberals and those that condone or accept a gay lifestyle as okay with God?

1 minute ago, bonnie said:

Frequent Bible reading has some predictable effects on the reader. It increases opposition to abortion as well as homosexual marriage and unions. It boosts a belief that science helps reveal God's glory. It diminishes hopes that science will eventually solve humanity's problems. But unlike some other religious practices, reading the Bible more often has some liberalizing effects—or at least makes the reader more prone to agree with liberals on certain issues. This is true even when accounting for factors such as political beliefs, education ...

Could it be that liberals and those that condone or accept a gay lifestyle as okay with God?

it is hard to work with generalizing and labels on people

Yet it is so easy to address a political or religious on that level

I know a republican in church that is pro choice.

as it says in weight loss ads

Individual results may vary :)

# I know many heterosexual lifestyles that believe it is Okay with GOD

Romeo and Juliet

You didn't seem to find it hard to work with when you posted the article. The implication was very clear

43 minutes ago, bonnie said:

You didn't seem to find it hard to work with when you posted the article. The implication was very clear

#Let no one steal the JOY of the LORD

Romeo and Juliet

• Administrators

This reminds me of the several statements by EGW about how Jesus was viewed as too liberal by the Pharisees and how they were the conservative ones.

(And I get the impression that many reactors to this topic read the source article to about the same degree or with the same level of comprehension as the source study discovered most professed Christians do with their own source book...)

• Like 3

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

22 hours ago, GayatfootofCross said:

Yet it is so easy to address a political or religious on that level

I know a republican in church that is pro choice.

as it says in weight loss ads

Individual results may vary :)

# I know many heterosexual lifestyles that believe it is Okay with GOD

Despite that, there doesn't seem to be a lot of wiggle room here below.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.....John 14

OTOH,
23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God...Romans 3

I would suggest if we think we can rise above our own personal weaknesses on our own, while proving everyone else is just as bad as I am, we put our self in this position.

10 And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.....Revelation 12

Lift Jesus up!!

23 hours ago, GayatfootofCross said:

When i choose

all in good time

all in good time

To cherry pick for the sake of adding strength to the Word already spoken is far better than to do the same to weaken a man's assurance in the cleansing of any man's soul from personal acceptance of the righteousness of Jesus Christ. At present I am a sinner but not practicing sin, to the glory of God. This is the case of all who are born again. As one evangelist stated it, and I quote. Better to die twice and live once, than to live once a die twice. Maybe the Word expresses it more appropriately.

14I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world...John 17.

Lift Jesus up!!

to all here!

20 hours ago, Tom Wetmore said:

This reminds me of the several statements by EGW about how Jesus was viewed as too liberal by the Pharisees and how they were the conservative ones.

(And I get the impression that many reactors to this topic read the source article to about the same degree or with the same level of comprehension as the source study discovered most professed Christians do with their own source book...)

..and yet so many don't see it or don't want to see it!

A frightening culture that has always been. The worst acts in history has always been by trying to keep the church pure by fixating on sins of others

John 16:2

People will put you out of their synagogues. Yes, the time is coming when whoever kills you will think that he is offering service to God.

There are many ways people can kill joy.

BTW Hi Tom Wetmore ..thanku for weighing in

On 12/13/2015 at 0:09 PM, CoAspen said:

The above post focus is on 'sin' rather than the focus of the article, which is looking at how people perceive their belief systems  and the world around them. 

Some view 'conservative' as all about the 'sin' in others, and 'liberal' as seeing the value in others. Christ life was about both but mostly about about the value in others and presenting a better hope and life. Pointing out the 'sin' around Him was not a primary focus. The Jewish religious leaders were rather adept at that. We have plenty of 'sin' pointers, what we need is more pointers of 'hope'.

Probably makes me a 'liberal' in some circles...but thats okay with me!!

hi Coaspen!

I speak on this a lot and post these things to no end... For good reason! To be so fixated on peoples sins closes the eyes to GOD and drives so many away.

JESUS says If I be lifted up ..I will draw all people.

I believe the True Remnant People will draw people..not repel them.

Joy is infectious.

Let the JOY of the LORD be your Strength!

The great man Jack Blanco (Author of 'THE CLEAR WORD) said  "take a short look at sin and take along long Look at JESUS!"

looking at your own sin for too long discourages  and looking at others sins too long creates Such Bitterness,

You get a church discouraged and bitter.  That aint gonna spread the Gospel..the facts we have are not that charming in the that cesspool!

But a Church held up in the Light of the CRoSS ..Gazing at Him continuously !!!!! Thats a BAM BAM!

Now I will share one of the Secrets of JOY ( its actually Christianity 101 and many have stumbled upon this)

When you go into your prayer closet and thru out the day..among all the tears and disappointments of yourself/others and lifting up and blessing others before HIM and Worship of HIM  ..In Thanksgiving and Praise.... imagine GOD Himself delighting in you as you are and where you stand.  Understanding Wherever you go HE is there with you Whatever you are doing whatever you are thinking (good.bad.indifferent) .. HE  Is In your face with NonCondemnation.

God's thoughts of you are so precious as many as the sands of the sea. There is no where you can go without HIM..HE by your side Even in your complete darkness He is there! No matter how far you run (into self pity or addiction or self loathing or loathing of others) He is not going to leave you.. HIS right Hand holds you!!!   He sings and dances over you regardless of who u r or what you have done..Cause that is How HE IS..That's what LOVE Does!    To get this ..gets everything the Spirit has promised you. It is your jumping off point every morning and thru the Day! It is what draws others to you .. to HIM and that Brings even more JOY.  It is what draws you to HIM in Joy. And being around others who are so JESUS Center  also spurs you on even more so in your Healing and Growth..One of the great  Reasons to FELLOWSHIP!

I shared a bit of that in the 7th Post on this Thread.. Why I had to see God differently.

Any other way I engaged with GOD does not create LIFE in HIM..but death.

• Like 1

Romeo and Juliet

3 hours ago, GayatfootofCross said:

to all here!

..and yet so many don't see it or don't want to see it!

A frightening culture that has always been. The worst acts in history has always been by trying to keep the church pure by fixating on sins of others

John 16:2

People will put you out of their synagogues. Yes, the time is coming when whoever kills you will think that he is offering service to God.

There are many ways people can kill joy.

Who is it that is fixated ?  It isn't that you or others are  gay. It is that unless everyone accepts a gay lifestyle as biblical  they are guilty of keeping the church pure by fixating on sins of others.

Almost without exception your  focus deals with "sins of others."  Painting those that disagree with you as somehow less "christian" and not nearly the christian you are. "Thank you God I am not like those other people" comes to mind.

It is a steady diet of how persecuted you are because you are gay and people think that is wrong.  Polishing that chip(sin) on your shoulder to make sure it is always the focus and daring anyone to be unchristian enough to knock it off almost guarantees you will get those that STILL believe the bible is as valid today as it was in the time of Jesus.

None of us are called to pronounce  Holy,Good or biblical what God has clearly called  wrong and  can  determine salvation .Nor has He left us in the dark concerning our salvation.

We are not called to use scripture as a hammer every time we come in contact with someone that lives a homosexual lifestyle. Nor are those that live that lifestyle called to use "hypocrite or pharisee" every time someone refuses to accept a biblically forbidden lifestyle as Holy,Good,or accepted by God.

(quote)( my Partner and I were helping a young couple from church move and the she made a cup of coffee and apologized for drinking it..saying it was her sin)

We are still growing and understanding the Bible is not some lifeless book..but Growing and Breathing Jesus Walk and Talk and how it applies to the current world.(quote)

You and others may believe that God has left us in the dark concerning what is vital to our salvation and will eventually reveal that Gay Marriage Can be Holy..

It was just a simple matter of those bigots not reading their bibles after al

For me,I will use that as a guide rather than what some liberal elderly couple have to say calling what God has God an abomination "Holy"

(quote)I speak on this a lot and post these things to no end... For good reason! To be so fixated on peoples sins closes the eyes to GOD and drives so many away.(quote)

Fixated on the sins of others much?

JESUS says If I be lifted up ..I will draw all people.

I believe the True Remnant People will draw people..not repel them.

Very true,however there are many that will only be drawn when the bible can be made to read as they demand for their lifestyle

When you go into your prayer closet and thru out the day..among all the tears and disappointments of yourself/others and lifting up and blessing others before HIM and Worship of HIM  ..In Thanksgiving and Praise.... imagine GOD Himself delighting in you as you are and where you stand.  Understanding Wherever you go HE is there with you Whatever you are doing whatever you are thinking (good.bad.indifferent) .. HE  Is In your face with NonCondemnation.

We will all face either God's eternal life or condemnation someday. God does not delight in anyone's sin. 

Dear Bonnie..

I am not attacking anyone person in my threads I put up.

I am bringing forward with great alarm the Culture of Christianity that has nothing to do with Jesus.

(according to my understanding and journey)

And I brought up the young couple who we helped move ..Her

On 12/13/2015 at 1:24 PM, GayatfootofCross said:

I still sit side by side with  very conservative Christians.

Excited by Carson or Trump or Cruz or Bush

( my Partner and I were helping a young couple from church move and the she made a cup of coffee and apologized for drinking it..saying it was her sin)

And yes some still argue about women wearing pants in church.

And I smile.

#it pays high dividends to wipe the slate clean and read the bible for yourself and to share what u find in your JOY

Especially  Focusing on JESUS IS GOD ON THE CROSS RECONCILING ALL SINNERS TO HIMSELF

and to Reflect that!

declaring it a sin.

The context is how conservative my crowd is.

And I don't drink coffee myself.

It was not judgement..it was an example

There is a lot of miscommunication here

Please forgive me.

And God does not delight in anyone's sin.

HE DELIGHTS IN YOU!

And ME!

The Child He made!

My post above yours is based on Psalms 139...as well as other Scriptures!

May the Joy of the LORD be your Strength.

Romeo and Juliet