ClubAdventist is back!

Samantha has arrived

Aliensanctuary

My daughter is now a mommy. She was in the delivery room as Samantha was being born, and was allowed to cut the umbilical cord. In the photo it looks as if my daughter had been crying, and she had, big tears of happiness. She and her husband were unable to conceive for many years, but made a connection in WA with an expectant mother who already had 3 children and definitely didn't want a 4th. My daughter had to suffer through a number of fertility treatments, none of which were successful.

Samantha is officially adopted by my daughter and her husband, and was delivered by C-section a day or so ago. My daughter thought that she was perfect, even though Samantha howled during her first bath. She quieted down after she was wrapped up warmly and held by her new parents.

The hospital gave the them a room to stay in until the baby is allowed to go home with them, just a day or two after birth. I think she has 1 month of maternity leave from the SDA conference where she works.

Samantha.doc

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Members

Congrats to the new parents and grandparents!!!  Samantha looks lovely!

(and AS, I hope you don't mind, but I made a screenshot from your .doc so those who couldn't open it could see the photo...

)5674426d11b3a_ScreenShot2015-12-18at9.27

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Likewise, AS - Congrats to your family!  What a great Christmas (or "Winter Holiday") present!  Grandkids are alot more fun than kids - you can spoil them rotten, hype them up on sugar, and then give them back to their parents when you are tired.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Speaking as the grandmother of a fertility-treatment-conceived baby, I know something of what you're feeling.

God bless you.    And the new parents.

• Like 1

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Thanks, Pam, for posting the photo.

Samantha really does look like a baby doll. She weighed 8.2 lbs at birth, I think. A C-section really sounds painful, but so does giving birth.

A friend of my daughter's set up a fund-raising account at: 
www.gofundme.com/nyebaby
Not sure if the total was for the adoption or the delivery, or both, but there are a lot more expenses involved. She works for the SDA Conference and he is a firefighter. They went to WA a month early because the birth mother was having contractions and was distraught about having to take the baby home with her. They stayed with that friend and her family and should be leaving as soon as the baby is released from the hospital, and, upon completion of some more adoption paperwork. (The biological father, who is not married, was concerned that he would have to pay child support. That would serve him right if he did have to support a baby half his. Completion of the paperwork should take care of his concern.) My daughter will have lost about 2 months of work, while her husband will lose at least one month.

I think that the anti-abortion protesters should try to help couples who can't have babies of their own with the high costs of adoption. On occasion, my daughter, who wanted a baby so badly, would have to drive by a Planned Parenthood clinic, and it was like a knife in her heart, knowing what went on in there.

Having babies and little children around the house is enjoyable, but just wait until they become teenagers who know everything and want their independence...

• Like 2

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Congrats!

• Like 1

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

Awesome ... congatulations

• Like 1

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

she's grown a lot!  and cute as a button! :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?