ClubAdventist is back!

SDA Hosting Gay Mn's Chorus for Christmas

GayatfootofCross

5674853b2e826_gaymenschoir.jpg.55688459a

Posted for the uniqueness of the event..a Gay Men's Chorus will perform in an Adventist church.

Annual Christmas Program Features Diversity

When:
Saturday, December 19, 2015
10:00 AM to Noon

Where:
Palm Springs Adventist Church
620 S. Sunrise Way
Palm Springs, CA 92264

Featured musicians and honored guests include:

• The Palm Springs Gay Men’s Chorus, a 40 voice male choir that performs a variety of concerts yearly in Palm Springs and the surrounding area. They will perform Every Valley, Salvation Is Cleared, Gloria Fanfare, and one other selection.

• Professional violinist Zlata Grekov, and bass soloist Rick Schaffner along with church musicians.

• U.S. Congressman Raul Ruiz, M.D., Representative of California’s 36th District (D), and a member of the Indio Spanish Seventh-day Adventist Church, will present the biblical Christmas story, reading from the Gospels of Matthew and Luke.

• The Honorable Dale Wells, Judge of the Riverside Superior Court and a Palm Desert pastor will read passages from the book of Isaiah.

•The church youth and young adults will present a children’s story with puppets.(ooo I love Puppets)

• The congregation is encouraged to bring gifts, which will be placed under the Christmas tree to benefit children at Safe House of the Desert.

Michael Leno, senior pastor, expressed enthusiasm regarding the Christmas celebration, saying,

“The program this weekend is a worship service. As such, it is a celebration of the birth of Jesus and the diverse community of those who gather in his name. All the elements of the program serve that purpose.”

The pastor also expressed gratitude to the many guests who will be contributing. He especially thanks
the gay men’s chorus “for being our friends and for contributing your talents to the benefit of our worship celebration. In the final analysis,” He said, “it’s not about us anyway. Its about a God who loves and saves, and who keeps making his circle of friends ever larger.”

For the homily Pastor Leno will present a poem he authored entitled “‘Twas the Night before Doomsday.” With an obvious reference to the famous Christmas poem, Leno will contextualize the birth of Christ in today’s world of economic instability and violence.

All are invited and welcomed to attend.

A complimentary vegetarian breakfast will be served from 9:00 AM to 9:45 AM.

it should be noted the Gay Men in the Chorus are of Different Faiths or none at All

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet