ClubAdventist is back!

Is This a Church?

Gregory Matthews

• Administrators

it is more than satire, individuals involved have great gatherings, and do parodies of religion with form and purpose.

I have reasons to suspect... it is individuals who have been spiritually abused, or deeply failed, or disillusioned  by organized Christianity. 

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

Well, I founded the First Church of the Great Armadillo, and am the sole member.

Members of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster all have to submit to a serious case of drunkenness in order to be unable to see any intelligence in the making of spaghetti. The false Gospel of Pastafarians invokes mystical origins of spaghetti while advocating beer volcanoes, magical mutations of tomatoes into sauce, and miraculous transformations of noodles into something as random as the Italian dish. Insisting that there are no recipes for the tasty food, numerous food fights have erupted over the differences of opinion between different sects of Pastafarians. 

The Dillios try to promote open-minded thinking in order to counter the outrageous claims of Pastafarians. Did spaghetti somehow create itself, or did someone with a recipe make that tastiest of foods, especially good when cheese and meatballs are added? 

Join the First Church of the Great Armadillo today to find the answers, and when you join, you will receive your free recipe book listing all of the secret ingredients of spaghetti from around the world. And don't forget, there is a great reward for those who feed Miracle Spaghetti to all of the hungry little armadillos, and when you get old and die, you will get to go to Texas to be with armadillos, forever.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

AS,

As you stated, Pastafarians obviously have been deceived.  We Chilitarians understand the true existentialism of the universe.  Rice and chile in all it's various forms are the true masters of the world.  Pasta is a poor, man-made imitation of rice, which naturally evolved with the rest of the lesser plants.  Ravioli's are tiny counterfeit stuffed sopapillas.The false belief that pasta spontaneously appeared is heretical garbage; and those who are are found guilty of this heresy are punished by having their fingernails trimmed and painted while blindfolded.  Pasta sauce is a manmade concoction designed for those who cannot handle the true refining fire contained in chile.

As much as I hate to say it, Dillios are an unauthorized off-shoot of the Chilitarians; probably because of their close proximity to the main fields of chile crops in South Texas and Mexico.  The whole idea of nurturing armadillos rather than eating them is absurd.

• Like 1

What the Dillio, Dillio? I'm going to hug my little armadillos right now and cover their ears so they won't be hurt by any unsympathetic Dillophobic comments. Armadillios focus on the spiritual, rather than the temporal, because they are so primitive, like millions and millions of years old, and came from Deep Time.

They were watching when the Flying Spaghetti Monster first arose from a pile of garbage. They were there, too, when bean burritos and tostadas and enchiladas came falling down from the sky, changing the course of life on Earth. This would be a dark world indeed if Mexican food had never been given, although the Aztecs and Mayans probably all died from heartburn from eating too much spicy Mexican food.

Rice is nice about any price, and if everyone ate beans, the world would never run out of gas. 

If anyone would like to make a contribution to the Save the Armadillos Fund, please send all of your personal information and we will send a photo of the baby Armadillo that you saved. We have had donors who have won the lottery, traveled to the moon, and have become legendary leaders of foreign countries. 

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

3 hours ago, Aliensanctuary said:

They were watching when the Flying Spaghetti Monster first arose from a pile of garbage. They were there, too, when bean burritos and tostadas and enchiladas came falling down from the sky, changing the course of life on Earth.

Exactly.  the Spaghetti Monster evolved (or devolved) from garbage; whereas most chile infused foods fell from the sky like manna!  The gas produced is not only a form of renewable energy; but an endless source of entertainment for everyone from children to seniors.

3 hours ago, Aliensanctuary said:

If anyone would like to make a contribution to the Save the Armadillos Fund, please send all of your personal information and we will send a photo of the baby Armadillo that you saved. We have had donors who have won the lottery, traveled to the moon, and have become legendary leaders of foreign countries.

If anyone has othe inclinations, feel free to contact me about my new food franchise Filet O' Dillio.  I was thinking is using "Eat More Dillio" as a slogan, but it sounds too much like the slogan of a certain fowl fast food franchise.

• Like 1

Apologies if we hijacked your thread Gregory.  Maybe this thread should be moved to the Humor section while AS and I debate our diverse theology.