ClubAdventist is back!

From Waco to Isis: The Rise of al Qaeda, Part 2

news

The immediate context for the rise of al Qaeda was the war in Afghanistan that began in the late 1970s. To understand the motivation of those involved we need to understand something about the geography of politics. The closest any power has come (at least since the Mongol Empire around the year 1200 AD) to […]

The post From Waco to Isis: The Rise of al Qaeda, Part 2 appeared first on Jon Paulien's Blog.

[url={url}]View the full article[/url]

Want something else to worry about? Some think this will solve our problems.

http://secure.patriotpowergenerator.com/letter/index.php

No Friends, if You Want to Survive the Coming Power Failures and Blackouts, the Bare-Knuckled Truth is that You are Going to Have to Take Care of it Yourself

ppg-image-10.jpg

Now, maybe you’re thinking a backup generator would be just the ticket. But did you know that even a small generator with just enough juice to power a few appliances and lights costs over $30 a day to operate?

That’s over $230 a week... more than $12,000 a year!

As a hard-working American, you probably don’t have piles of cash like that stuffed into your mattress.

It takes a whopping 18 gallons of gasoline PER DAY to keep one of these generators running – talk about shocking!

[unquote]

Others are more satisfied with this.

15He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, He who rejects unjust gain And shakes his hands so that they hold no bribe; He who stops his ears from hearing about bloodshed And shuts his eyes from looking upon evil; 16He will dwell on the heights, His refuge will be the impregnable rock; His bread will be given him, His water will be sure.....Isaiah 33

God is Love!~Jesus saves!   :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

The URL that Life  provided is simply a plug for a solar power generator that is on sale for about $2,000.  That URL takes you to a diatribe that spews stuff that is sensationalistic and fails to provide factual information.

Yes, it is correct is telling us that the U.S. power grid is  subject to hacking and a power failure.

But the advertised solar generator is described in terms that are deceptive.

It talks about what it would take to provide the electricity to run your house.  The $2,000 solar generator it says is listed at 3,000 peak watts.  I can assure you that such a small generator would not be able to power very much of your home.  By the way,  3,000 peak watts is 3,000 start-up watts.  It is not 3,000 continued watts.  This is a very small generator.

It tells us that a small, non-solar,  generator would cost $30 per day to operate.  Nonsense.  There are plenty of  generators available that only provide 3,000 peak watts that could operate for much less than $30 per day.

It talks about the claimed excessive noise.  Again, nonsense.  I have lived in situations where my electric power was provided by a gasoline generator and it was very quiet.  Honda is one such company  that makes quiet  generators.

Folks, if you are thinking of obtaining a back-up power generator for your home, get real and  have your needs professionally evaluated.  In the area where I recently moved the cost for such an evaluation was $50.  But, Home Depot and others would arrange for you to have that evaluation free.  I had my home professionally evaluated.  The cost will depend upon how much you decide to provide.  If you are a person who wants to run everything, yes, you can spend thousands of dollars.  But, if you only need 3,000 watts of peak electric power, it is not going to cost you thousands.    You can do it for less than $2,000.

By  the way the alleged cost of spending thousands of dollars for a natural gas generator is also nonsense.  Yes, If you do not have natural gas available in your home, you  might have to spend such.  But not if you already have it.  In any case,  rather than natural gas get a LPG generator.  That is the same gas as runs your outdoor barbeque.  You can convert between natural gas and LPG for only a few dollars.  It may be as simple as changing the jets.

Gregory

I think this answered that with a lot less explanation, but we as a fallen species, all survive by what we can squeeze out of others. The second biblical quote reveals how much transformed man will behave toward one another.

Others are more satisfied with this. 

15He who walks righteously and speaks with sincerity, He who rejects unjust gain And shakes his hands so that they hold no bribe; He who stops his ears from hearing about bloodshed And shuts his eyes from looking upon evil; 16He will dwell on the heights, His refuge will be the impregnable rock; His bread will be given him, His water will be sure.....Isaiah 33  

1"Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost....Isaiah  55

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Somtimes one has to wonder what people actually read, or if they read it or if they understand the topic or.......

I read Paulien's articles and found them very interesting, waiting for more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Excellent article, part 2, to this subject. One of the things I've said for many years!! How the USA has exploited all these Arab/Islamic countries.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}