ClubAdventist is back!

The SDA Church Knows What Spiritual Abuse is, And Never Commits it. ?

teresaq

9 hours ago, bonnie said:

Where would Peter's name be written if he had continued to deny Christ?

Or if he continually pointed at "those others" that were not as christian as he thought they should be  

4 For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ....Jude 1

Does the fact that women are not mentioned exclude them from the obvious?

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

25 But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.....James 1

As to the second question.......

6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away....Isaiah 64

20 If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, I am perfect, it shall also prove me perverse...Job 9

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

It is my view that many modern churches can openly fall into Spiritual Abuse by pressuring people into the false teachings of the Prosperity Gospel Movement. I know of a chap and his wife who were Elders at a local Pentecostal church here that I used to attend from time to time. They were having financial problems and went to the church leadership for advice and were told to continue Tithing and the giving of sacrificial Offerings and that G-d would deliver them. They took the advice and did just that and then lost their house to the bank.

It seems that with the 'Prosperity Gospel' no one ever wants to talk about the people that lose everything or who walk away completely from church and believe it all to be a fraud as a result of the spiritual abuse that they have suffered. In the case above, my view is that the church should have actually given to them, not asked for continued gifts of money from them and helped them to deal with their debt problems. I have conversely been in church meetings where a family is in trouble and the church has responded by taking up an offering for them and helping them. Again its my view that the Prosperity Gospel is a good example of Spiritual Abuse that happens at a denominational level in several different denominations.

• Like 1