ClubAdventist is back!

Don't Hate...

Jessie-Jess

• Members

Excellent :thumbsup:

• Like 1

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

Maybe it's because they are one of the most-bullied groups in our society?

Bit rich the bullies pondering why anti-bullying programs are needed.

• Like 1

Truth is important

• Moderators

That's not a pejorative, it's a description of a behaviour.

If you read carefully, you would see that my comment about the title you chose for another thread was not that it wasn't 'nice' but that it was biased, and as such made it difficult for a discussion to be fruitful.

I'm not that concerned about 'nice'. I'm trying to follow Jesus, and he called people 'a generation of vipers' and 'whited sepulchres'. What you'll notice, though, was that he comforted the afflicted and afflicted the comfortable. Those words were directed to the powerful and corrupt. With the woman at the well, the lepers, the woman caught in adultery, everyone vulnerable, he was gentle.

You're just piling on to the most vulnerable people, and as such I have no hesitation in describing that behaviour as bullying. 

Truth is important

Here is the choice

change your name to your real name or leave 

cowards bully under fake names. 

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Stan said:

Here is the choice

change your name to your real name or leave 

cowards bully under fake names. 

X2

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

Yes I can

I am understanding the request as being made to both DingDong and Wrxdod16

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, Dingdong said:

Wow...where am I...I feel like I am having an out of body experience... 

Are you talking to me Stan? Does that go for gayatthecross too and others??

Hmm... This spirit of combativeness has just earned you a 3-month vacation.

• Moderators

You don't think that questioning someone's faith is bullying?

• Like 2

Truth is important

• Moderators

It's still better - and no harder - to say 'that belief is not Scriptural' than it is to say 'you are not Christian', or to ask 'are you even Christian?' The latter is on a par with 'do you even lift, bro?' It's an attempt at intimidation, not dialogue.

• Like 3

Truth is important

• Moderators
3 hours ago, Kevin(wrx) said:

Where have I bullied? Please give me a quote? Does it bother you to use scripture here? Are you guys Adventists or even Christians? You guys struggle to have a discussions without getting angry and name calling! Yes Stan you are guilty. 

Stan, a coward can name call whether or not they use a real name. I think a real coward is someone who runs a forum but can't let anyone have a differing opinion. 

Truth is important

• Moderators

Protecting the vulnerable is the goal.

You seem to be missing the distinction between challenging the belief and challenging the person. The former is legitimate, the latter is not.

• Like 2

Truth is important

On March 17, 2016 at 10:17 PM, Kevin(wrx) said:

Stan, a coward can name call whether or not they use a real name. I think a real coward is someone who runs a forum but can't let anyone have a differing opinion. 

@Kevin(wrx)

I was, I believe in China when this was posted and only had an iPhone to use, am only now responding as I dwell in my Canadian Abode.

Trust me here, if all the posters had to agree with me, there would be only 1-2 other posters, I found the whole homosexual event repugnant, including gay marriage.  Therefor I will never be involved in that act, nor would I ever marry a male.

When I get myself 100% pure then I will begin working on others.

I know this, we all have struggles, I wouldn't trade mine for that of a gay person. I believe in christian fellowship, as well as a powerful God who can convict and transform by his mighty power.  I do not believe that I am to replace the Holy Spirit, and God has not asked me to so far, and I do not see a change in the immediate future.

I do believe we need to open our circle of friends, and support and pray for one another.  

Bringing up the gay issue to me, is just as annoying as "that" person bringing up the fact that I am over weight, and he has had totally victory over that.

It is very ok to differ, it is not very ok to condemn or slam people, over victories we have had and they have not.

Just my opinion, others will differ, and I am ok with that,

• Moderators

Of course, a person with a strong homosexual orientation (Kinsey 5 or 6) finds the notion of marrying a person of the opposite sex every bit as repulsive...

(endorsing what Stan said and making a counter point)

• Like 2

Truth is important

Watched a video (no nudity exposed) of gay and lesbian people touching for the first time some one of the opposite sex. Both the female and male, found it totally disgusting.

There is much I fail to grasp, but I do know this, Jesus was the friend of sinners.  am ok with.

• Moderators

So you'd find touching a man intimately but non-sexually comfortable? (e.g. gently stroking his face or hand and having him do the same to you) I kind of doubt that... but I'm happy to let you answer.

I've mentioned this before, but all it really requires is a little empathy and a little thinking. Just do the mental reversal: imagine that exactly the feelings you have toward an attractive woman, a gay man has toward an attractive man, and exactly the same feelings you have toward intimacy with a man, a gay man feels about a woman.

Truth is important

• Administrators

The article was very good!

• Administrators

I just learned that gays are more likely to suffer from depression, anxiety, OCD, alcoholism and drug abuse and other ills that I wrote down but don't have access to at the moment.

Doesn't it seem that we should befriend these to give them access to Jesus? When I came to Christ, it was through the love of those who serve Him that I came. I already knew the sorrow and shame of the results of sin.

My opinion is that any behavior society and media promotes is probably a behavior condemned by God.

Sometimes I wonder if people read what they post......society and media promote kindness, caring for others, being responsible, etc, etc......

• Moderators

Red hair is about as prevalent as homosexuality. The argument that homosexuality is a characteristic of a minority and therefore not the 'norm' applies in the same way to redheadedness, yet I don't see that being described as a 'perversion' or as a result of the Fall. I don't see people being accused of 'blaming God' for redheadedness.

Truth is important

• Members
9 hours ago, David Geelan said:

Red hair is about as prevalent as homosexuality. The argument that homosexuality is a characteristic of a minority and therefore not the 'norm' applies in the same way to redheadedness, yet I don't see that being described as a 'perversion' or as a result of the Fall. I don't see people being accused of 'blaming God' for redheadedness.

I can't believe you of all people are trying to compare red hair with homosexuality!!

• Like 3

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

15 minutes ago, phkrause said:

I can't believe you of all people are trying to compare red hair with homosexuality!!

God never referred to red hair as an abomination or included that or skin color in the list of those that would be excluded from eternal life. Trivialize  much?

• Like 3

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman