ClubAdventist is back!

Don't Hate...

Jessie-Jess

• Administrators

True enough. Is it impossible to have a discussion that is a blessing to others? Is debate the name of the game for every topic?

I thought the OP was well done, with that article.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

7 hours ago, David Geelan said:

Don't you hate it when a topic drifts? ;)

I think the old faith/works chestnut probably needs its own new thread in Theology. 

Not that it'll end up going anywhere except in circles. Nature of that particular beast.

Yes, a bit, but really isn't being nice to gays a works thing?

• Moderators

Not if we be nice to them because we are nice to all human beings and we believe gay human beings are human beings, and if we be nice because we are nice in our own characters, not in order to gain some extrinsic reward.

"Better be good for goodness sake" as the old line goes...

• Like 4

Truth is important

Love is Kind

Biblical references given upon request

kind·ness
ˈkīn(d)nəs/
noun
  1. the quality of being friendly, generous, and considerate.
    synonyms: kindliness, kindheartedness, warmheartedness, affection, warmth, gentleness, concern, care; More
    • a kind act.
      plural noun: kindnesses
      "it is a kindness I shall never forget"
      synonyms: kindliness, kindheartedness, warmheartedness, affection, warmth, gentleness, concern, care; More

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• Administrators

Yes, I would be interested in seeing some of the Biblical references, please :) 

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, David Geelan said:

Not if we be nice to them because we are nice to all human beings and we believe gay human beings are human beings, and if we be nice because we are nice in our own characters, not in order to gain some extrinsic reward.

"Better be good for goodness sake" as the old line goes...

Kindness and love, respect and all that, ideally, should be a heart thing, should it not? I think David explains it well here. If you are being kind because the Bible says, Be ye kind one to another, that's a start if that is all you can muster. Jesus taught us about a new birth which gives us love for others. It tempers all our dealings with other people, even the hard ones to be nice to.

It tempers all our dealings with other people, even the hard ones to be nice to.

That is the difficult part, but, people that can/have make/made that a part of their everyday life are really enjoyable to be around. They give you a feeling of safety.

2 hours ago, Gail said:

Yes, I would be interested in seeing some of the Biblical references, please :) 

1 Cor 13:4 Love (Greek: agape) is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking 

"Let no man seek his own (which isn't "agape"), but every man another's wealth (which is agape)." 1 Cor 10:24

9 hours ago, David Geelan said:

Not if we be nice to them because we are nice to all human beings...

Are we really "nice" to all humans?  I mean according to Luke "sinners love those who love them" (6:32)

On the other hand "agape" is something humans can't generate.  Human love is reciprocal. We can't love our enemies, even those whom we disagree. We love those who love us. 

Even the Bible states this: "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13

• Administrators

We can't, but God can...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Gail said:

We can't, but God can...

Amen Gail! ....Cant be a Christian without the supernatural regeneration!

whats that?

music?

Do I hear Music?

it sounds classical!

its the Beethoven 5th  in my post!

duh duh duh Duuuuuuh!

:P

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

Let me be specific.  I say this because both liberal and conservative Christians both claim to be loving.

As I stated, human love is basically self-seeking.  We do good things for self-centered reasons.  We love those who love us.  If not, then ask if you would do the following?

"Give to everyone who asks of you. And of him who takes away your goods, do not ask for them back." [Luke 6:30]

BTW, that means don't call the police because that's asking for your stuff back.

No, I say we love very selectively.  Here we talk of loving gays, but I have yet to see a thread calling folks to love pedophiles. 

• Moderators

BTW, that means don't call the police because that's asking for your stuff back.

The loving thing to do may be to call the police.

At one point, a relative of mine kicked her son out of her home.  As a result, he lived down the street under a bridge.  It was part of what he needed.  He and I talk.  He is a respected author, photographer and employed by a State government.

Yes, at one time he was scheduled to go  on trial for attempted murder. NOTE:  The felony charge was dropped.  He was charged with a misdeamoner  (sp), pled guilty and sentenced to time served while waiting for trial.

NOTE:  While paralyzed and sitting in a wheel chair some thugs attempted to steal his wheel chair, which had happened before.  He had a knife which they were not aware of.

Love may cause people to face the consequences of their actions.  This may include the police.

Gregory

10 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Love may cause people to face the consequences of their actions.  This may include the police.

But the context doesn't speak to this.  The context simple states "do not ask for them back".  In fact Luke states, "love your enemies, and do good, and lend, expecting nothing in return" (verse 35) Not just lend, but lend expecting nothing in return and lend not to your friend, but your enemy.  

In Romans 5: 7,8 Paul contrasts human love, which is fallen, with God's agape love:

"For one will scarcely die for a just person—though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die— but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."  "....while we were enemies we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son" (verse 10)

"I have in front of me a rather remarkable button. If you should press it, yours would be untold riches and whatever else you desire. The only consequence to pressing it beyond your happiness is the death of an anonymous Chinese peasant. Who among us would you trust with this button?'” [David Berlinski]

None!

5 hours ago, Gail said:

We can't, but God can...

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Yes, but...I have never met a Christian living Christ's selfless life. 

Thank you Robert for saying that

I put up a thread addressing that very thing..

And many Christians here not only liked it .. but don't see themselves

The Church gives loopholes galore to Heteros regarding the personal affairs of the heart but none to Gods other Children.

That is one definition of hate/bigotry.

Different Standards

:(

Romeo and Juliet

20 minutes ago, Robert said:

None!

Not only wouldn't I trust any of you, I wouldn't trust myself.  

Jesus is the only man who was victorious over the devil and flesh. He denied Himself from the cradle to the grave.

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Yes, but...I have never met a Christian living Christ's selfless life. 

...and you never will.  I haven't, either. Scripture clearly tells us that none of us ever will meet that standard. That's why we need a Savior.  Nonetheless, we are also told that being like Christ should be our ultimate vision.

In another post, you said you wouldn't trust anyone - not even yourself.  How sad!  Trust is a big part of loving others.  Jesus trusts His people here on earth enough to entrust the salvation of humans to us (under HIs guidance, of course).  If He trusts us, shouldn't we trust each other - at least until that trust is broken with malice and forethought? 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

...and you never will.  I haven't, either. Scripture clearly tells us that none of us ever will meet that standard. That's why we need a Savior.  Nonetheless, we are also told that being like Christ should be our ultimate vision.

In another post, you said you wouldn't trust anyone - not even yourself.  How sad!  Trust is a big part of loving others.  Jesus trusts His people here on earth enough to entrust the salvation of humans to us (under HIs guidance, of course).  If He trusts us, shouldn't we trust each other - at least until that trust is broken with malice and forethought? 

And to chime in...

Our Church Our Church Our Church

Press together

Press together

Press together

Romeo and Juliet

1 minute ago, GayatfootofCross said:

Our Church our Church our Church

Press together

That goes not just for SDA's; but for all believers.  It's time to unite and battle the world instead of each other.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

In another post, you said you wouldn't trust anyone - not even yourself.

I wouldn't trust anyone with that button that David Berlinski described.  

"The heart is deceptive above all things, who can know it?"

10 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Jesus trusts His people here on earth enough to entrust the salvation of humans to us (under HIs guidance, of course). 

Jesus gave the Jews of old a commission to usher in the Messiah, but they utterly failed.

It seems the Christian church is failing to deliver the gospel also.....So I wouldn't say Jesus trust us.  Why would He trust fallen, human nature?

15 minutes ago, Robert said:

Jesus gave the Jews of old a commission to usher in the Messiah, but they utterly failed.

It seems the Christian church is failing to deliver the gospel also.....So I wouldn't say Jesus trust us.  Why would He trust fallen, human nature?

yes in soooooooooooooo many ways

but

the minute we will internalize Gods true Character and just how much HE LOVES YOU N ME...

The Church will indeed share the Gospel to the Queers

and To all others

and usher in His Second Coming

Finally!

Romeo and Juliet