ClubAdventist is back!

Don't Hate...

Jessie-Jess

17 minutes ago, Robert said:

Jesus gave the Jews of old a commission to usher in the Messiah, but they utterly failed.

It seems the Christian church is failing to deliver the gospel also.....So I wouldn't say Jesus trust us.  Why would He trust fallen, human nature?

I dunno; but He did.  He forgives me when I fall short; and continues our relationship.  As long as I confess and cooperate with Him, He trusts me.  If I am "to do unto others", I must trust them too.

19 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

He forgives me when I fall short;

Whoa there....When you fall short? :saywa:

I think we better take a look at Romans 3:23.  

It's not like you're without sin and then you sin.  It's not like you are holy as God is holy and then you make a mistake.  This is true of all of us.  

Anyway, Romans 3:23

Two things:

"A] For all have sinned and B]  fall short of the glory of God"

A] All have sinned in the past

B] All are failing to live up to "the glory of God".  Moses describes "God's glory" as His goodness (holiness).  See Ex 33:18

14 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

As long as I confess and cooperate with Him, He trusts me. 

No, as long as you place your faith in Christ He presents you perfect in Himself. He doesn't trust you. If He trusted in our fallen humanity He wouldn't have stated, "without Me you can do nothing"!

We are admonished, “Let him that thinketh he standeth, take heed lest he fall.” 1 Corinthians 10:12. Our only safety is in constant distrust of self, and dependence on Christ. [Ellen White]

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robert said:

No, as long as you place your faith in Christ He presents you perfect in Himself. He doesn't trust you. If He trusted in our fallen humanity He wouldn't have stated, "without Me you can do nothing"!

Sorry Robert - your revelation just isn't the same as my revelation.

Just now, JoeMo said:

Sorry Robert - your revelation just isn't the same as my revelation.

Well, I used the Bible...can you say the same?

• Moderators

Wanderer:  I am not going to give an extensive response to your comments as to my post to Kevin (WRX).   You may believe as you do.  But, I will make a short response:

1)  There is a difference between libel and slander.  You do not seem, to me, to understand this difference.

2)  You may believe that Kevin's (wrx) statements were accurate, but a number of us believe that they were false.  Because Kevin (wrx) continued to make what we believe to be public false statements, the  time had come to take a clear public stand against the continued false statements.

3)  A suggestion has been made that Kevin (wrx) be given a warning and a chance to reform.  My posted comment was a warning.  Stan only acted after Kevin (wrx) had responded twice in a manner that indicated that he was not going to make a change.

4)  God is a God of truth.  We allow a wide divergence of  thinking in this forum.  Kevin (wrx) could have stated his views in a manner that would have been acceptable for posting in CA.  Rather he posted them an a manner that personalized them and is not allowed. 

Gregory

• Moderators

The Wanderer said:

The poster in question is being characterized in a way that is unfair, and in a way that forum members are being told not to do.

I will make a short response to one aspect of your response:

There is a difference between addressing factual statements and in making statements focused on individuals.  Kevin (wrx) continued to make statements as to what another person believed.  That person had denied such belief multiple times.  Unless I believe that Kevin (wrx) could look deep into the mind and thinking of that person and better know what that person believed that that person himself, I would  have to believe that Kevin (wrx) continued to make false statements about that person and my statement was fair.

It should be noted that I did not call Kevin (wrx) a liar.  I simply said that he made false statements.  The dictionary definition of a liar includes an aspect of intention.  IOW, one is only a liar if one   intends to deceive.  I can not know that Kevin (wrx) had such intent.  Therefore, I did not call (or imply) that he was a liar.  But one can state that he is making a false statement and such is fair.

As I previously said, Kevin (wrx) could have posted in a manner that would have been allowed.  He chose not  to do so.  I will not speculate as to why he failed to post in that manner.  My post was a warning to him.  Twice he posted in violation of that warning. 

You may disagree with the manner in which this forum is managed.  That is your right.  But, the bottom line is that if you do not want to comply with the rules that have been established, and their enforcement, you have a right to leave, which none of us want.   

This forum is managed by three (3) main people--Gail, Stan and Tom (listed in alphabetical order).  [NOTE:  I am not one of those.]  When push comes to shove, Stan is the overall manager.    His decisions may not always be perfect.  I have disagreed with him, at times, in the past.  When I have done so I have communicated with him privately.  I have not made my disagreement public as this forum is not the place to do so.  On occasion, Stan has accepted my comments and put them in place.  But, probably more often, he has not done so.   I am fine with that.  I do not expect that    he will always agree with me.  I do not have to agree with any decision that he might make.  But, the appropriate choice for me would be to either accept that decision or to leave.  And, I can engage him in a private conversation.

Kevin (wrx) made his own personal choice.  However, I think that I know Stan fairly well.  If Kevin (wrx) really wants to continue to post here he could engage Stan in private conversation as to a possible return for him.  If Kevin (wrx) was willing, I think that an agreement could be reached.  I personally know of it being done in the past for people.  But, Kevin (wrx) would have to understand the operating rules of this forum and agree to abide by them.  Engaging in a public discussion, as you and I are doing is not the way to accommodate his return.  I am responding to you because I want those  who are reading your posts to understand the issues.    

The bottom line is that every organization must have rules. Those  rules may not be perfect.  But, there must be  rules and standards of behavior.

Gregory

Acts 16:30-33New International Version (NIV)

30 He then brought them out and asked, “Sirs, what must I do to be saved?”

31 They replied, “Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” 32 Then they spoke the word of the Lord to him and to all the others in his house. 33 At that hour of the night the jailer took them and washed their wounds; then immediately he and all his household were baptized.

Salvation is very uncomplicated!! According to the Bible, now when humans get around to explaining it, we complicate it. Why? Because we have to work for everything in life and simply don't have the believe that Christ means exactly what He says. We feel the need to earn it.

• Like 3

12'Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. 14'I will be found by you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will restore your fortunes and will gather you from all the nations and from all the places where I have driven you,' declares the LORD, 'and I will bring you back to the place from where I sent you into exile.'… ..Jeremiah 29

God is Love!~Jesus saves!    :D

Lift Jesus up!!

"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever keeps the whole Law perfectly BELIEVES if Him should have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Perfectly obey BELIEVE in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved—you and your household.” (Acts 16:31)

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and perfectly keep all of His commands BELIEVE in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." (Rom. 10:9)

"For it is by works GRACE you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by faith works, so that no one can presume on grace boast." (Eph. 2:8-9)

My conclusion - Grace through faith is more important than any "good deeds" we do.  That being said, enablement to actually do good comes by grace.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeMo said:

My conclusion - Grace through faith is more important than any "good deeds" we do. 

That is definitely my opinion. However that may not be the case for my neighbor next door whom I have never visited to introduce them to what Jesus is willing to do for them.

God is Lve!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

now back to topic...

evil looking others n.jpg

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• 4 weeks later...

Dealing with too many people here on the subject of LGBTI  has been very very discouraging.

Not the anti gay SDA theology in of it self

...but what it has done to your hearts and the fruit that follows to the innocents who don't know GOD is better than that.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• Stan locked this topic