ClubAdventist is back!

If everyone got along...

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

If everybody got along we would soon lose much of our humanity.  Light needs darkness or it ceases to be light, since darkness defines it.

Humans define themselves by being just a little different from everyone else.  Actually, our DNA forbids us all from getting along.  Not everyone cottons to everyone else, and it's not just a matter of culture, environment, or how one was raised.

(While I don't think heaven will be a place of bickering, I *do* think people will have preferences with whom they choose to associate.)

comments? :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

not sure I understand, CoA... God is not "humanity", in my view

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

If we are created in the image of God would that mean that feelings, likes, dislikes, etc,  are also from God?

Will our DNA have changes for heaven that are different from original DNA?

What makes us human?

just questions....as you have proposed something that I think is quite complicated...

• Members

hmm...  does God have DNA?  I'm not so sure He does.  

We were made in His image....not necessary in the same *composition*, however..

DNA is necessary in humans and all other forms of life because life on earth as we know it depends on a process of death and regeneration. DNA is required to create the protein chains to build new cells and cell parts. The only life we know is a life of death and regeneration. The Bible does indicate that food consumption was part of the perfect pre-fall Edenic paradise, so parts of the biological cycles (food consumption, digestion, respiration, energy production, waste, excretion, etc.) are likely part of a perfect "death-less" world, and perhaps DNA and RNA were part of that.

God never said "Thou shalt not think".

• 2 weeks later...

Does "getting along" mean joining all together in a monolithic commune, or everybody respecting each other's autonomy? 

To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.

• Members

*getting along* has nothing to do with a monolithic commune, as even in such an environment here on earth, there would be bickering, in my opinion.

God is beyond understanding.  If it was the Holy Spirit who impregnated Mary, doesn't that mean that God contributed DNA? Of course the Spirit could have just "created" the DNA to make Mary pregnant.

God appears to have volatile emotions, just like people.  He loved Jacob and hated Esau.  He was so mad at the Hebrews in the wilderness sometimes that He as ready to wipe them out.  Before the flood, He regretted making man.  Jesus pitched quite a fit in the Temple whipping people and overturning tables.

Pam has a permanent saying in her posts:

I say AMEN to that.

• Administrators

If God is real, why couldn't he have DNA?  We know that we have common DNA with most all living things. (Science oriented people correct me if I am wrong...)  Much of DNA is not necessarily activated or the combinations of it result in different formations of life.  The DNA in the cells of my foot are the very same as one will find in the cells of my eye, or my blood or my hair or...  If we share common DNA with other creatures, why not the Creator too?  What if His DNA  is programmed to allow whatever physical form or forms he may appear in or even the ability to change that appearance?  Think in terms of color changing ability among certain animals.

• Like 2

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

Bickering, or in other words "fighting" is traceable to only one place of origin: sin.  What is sin, at least in this respect?  selfishness.  So, once sinful egos are under control why would there be bickering in heaven?  There difference of opinion on something minor, for we will all agree on the big stuff such as obedience to God, God first, the rest of us accepting our places in whatever the hierarchy of heaven is like, etc... will be no big deal.  There will be respect among all of God's creatures.  None of us will see ourselves as better than anyone else, and the attitude of "I'm better/more important than you so my opinion is worth more" is the main cause of "bickering".

Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville