ClubAdventist is back!

prayers for me for upcoming surgery

Femster

for all those who follow me, but those men who cant handle TMI about womens problems, look away now.

on the 15 February, i am having a hysteroscope, to see what is going on with my lady parts. My periods for some time have been very painfil, passing blood size clots, and i have constant pain on my right hand side.

My lasy surgery  was Decmber 2014. it was on my knee to tell my it was damaged i  need a replacement. The anaetatist said i was so stressed all my veins collapsed and they couldnt get the needle in my veins, so they had to knock me out with gas.

The is GA number 22.

I am truly over it. the next 2 big operations will be my knee and most definately another back operation.

i would pray everything goes alright, and if i was to end up having a hysterectomy, then i am fine with it.

i am just terrified of not coming out of the general.

Please pray for my sureon, Dr Gerahty, and that he finds my prolem, and that i dont throw uo afterwards. I do it really really badle.

i also had a friend that NEVER cam out of his general and died 3-4 weeks later.

• Administrators

Father in Heaven I lift Lyn to you asking that you give her peace, comfort and confidence in the medical procedures and personnel's ability to determine the issues that she is facing and to effect a cure. These things I pray in the powerful, precious name of Jesus. Amen

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

Father God,

In the name of Jesus I declare your peace and rapid healing over Fem; and wisdom and skill over Dr. Gerahty as well as on the anesthesiologist.  Give Fem a calm settled stomach, waking up from surgery like she just woke up from a nice refreshing nap.  Amen.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Father in heaven, I thank You for Your great love for Your children, and that it never fails. In You, Lord, lies a great future and death doesn't faze You one bit.

Our sister Femster has to undergo this medical procedure and we lift her up to Your safe hands. We know that she will awake from this general anesthetic, either to continue her earthly journey or by Jesus Himself to be with Him. With You she is safe. May Your name be glorified in this situation and I ask that she be at peace. In Jesus' name- amen

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray with these others, to be with our sister Femster. Guide the surgeons' hands. Let your will be done, in Jesus name, Amen

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 weeks later...

surgery did go well, i wasnt sick after the GA like i normally am.

A few biopsies were taken- which meant i bled for nearly a week instead of only for a few days.

Pain was pretty bad. I did, however, catch up on some much needed sleep the next few days, as the GA left my system, all i could do is when i woke up, force myself to the bathroom, grab something  light to eat, and then go back to bed.

But afterds, sadly, the insomnia returned. I am not getting to sleep until about 3 am every morning. and i am usually awake by 6- but the last few days it has been 8 or 9. Those extra hours have truly been a blessing....

Thank you for all of your prayers. I surely felt them.

dr Gerahty was wonderful, and my anestesiologist was fantastic. he is a local GP as well-  he diagnosed me this week with a torn rotator cuff- there is much fluid in my joint.... and it is beyond painful.

i will let you all know how the appointment goes in a few weeks.

• Administrators

Yes, please do!

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 4 months later...

I came across this and realised i hadnt updated you all on further surgery.

Asa  result of the above procedure, I have a hsyterectomy on 9 May.

Surgoen was Dr gerahty's resident. he did a very good job, considering i had a lot of scar tissue- which meant it nearly was a full abdominal ( i had it done another way).

Upon pathology, i discovered that i had multiple fibroids, and a condition called Andenomyosis- which is like the reverse of Endometriosis- stead of the lining being outside and attached to other organs- it had buried deep into the muscle wall, so every month i had my cycle, i woudl bleed with nowhere for the blood to go. MOST painful- equivalent to childbirth.

Had a rough couple of days after surgery- the original meds caused terrible constipation- so had to go ona a pain emd normally for cancer patients as i am allergic to Morphine.

Once i got that i could sleep very well (insomnia for 2 days after surgery but then vistually collapsed form exhaustion).

Moods have been OK except for this week- very down for some reason.

I want to thank you all for your prayers... i know i did the right thing... still have alittel pain and bruising- and had a bad case of the flu plus a UTI a couple of weeks ago, which has put my Theology corsework in some areas almost 4 months behind.

Prayers are certainly very powerful, and i have felt them from you all.

may God bless you for your prayers for me- and may I one day be able to do the same for all of you.

Much Love.....

• Administrators

Thank you for the update, Lyn! How are you feeling now?

my reflux has become fairly savage and now add indigestion into the mix- and the doc has asked me to come off my anxiety meds because they can cause insomnia- but they actually knock me out.

Been windy here so my anxiety/PTSD is at an all time high

• Members

Femster, have you tried Nexum for your reflux?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

i have the generic equivalent. it has worked for me before. 

Thinking it is a result of coming off the anxiety/muscle relaxants ( same drug)... had to take one last night and felt a lot better.

If its an ulcer i have heard of the cabbage juice trick.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Femster, I understand that you have had a knee replacement:

In my working with such patients in the hospital where I worked, I found that their recovery was pretty rough.  But, once they had gotten through that period of time it became one of the most successful surgeries that they did.

How are you doing now with your knee replacement surgery?

Gregory