ClubAdventist is back!

The Potter and the Clay

news

When you look in the mirror what do you see? Well, I will tell you what God sees: His beautiful creation. Oftentimes, as I immerse myself into self-reflection I find myself wondering: Why did God create me this way? Those who know me well might say that I am quiet, pensive and quirky. Yet, at other times, I ramble off on many tangents, am bold and passionate, and sometimes witty. I enjoy being outdoors and also love to read and write. And I don’t apologize for any of this, because this is who God created me to be. I am especially grateful to know that the Lord knows me by name. (Isaiah 43:1, Exodus 33:17) Of course, I have many flaws but part of the Christian journey is allowing God to mould and refine me into who He wants me to be; the final product being a splitting image of His Son. In Psalm 139, the psalmist says: “I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.” The prolific Christian writer, Max Lucado echoes this sentiment: “You weren’t an accident. You weren’t mass produced. You aren’t an assembly-line product. You were deliberately planned, specifically gifted, and lovingly positioned on [...]

View the rest of this great article