ClubAdventist is back!

breaking free from freemasonry

Femster

My father, from whom i am now estranged at my request, was a very high level freemason. Probably 33 rd degree if you know anything about it.

I am wondering if this is why i am having so many challenges with Satanic attacks in my life- that as i was technically in his family, now i know the truth , and have run away from it at breakneck speed, is this why he is attacking me??

i think it is also why he was so mentally abusive towards me- told me every child after the first was a mistake ( i am number 3), and would tell me to do things his way, and then when that didnt work out, he would say he never said to do it like that.

he and Mum also knew i had mental health issues as far back as 14 or 15, had a referral to a child psychologist but didnt believe or want to acknowledge i had mental health issues, and just ignored it, hoping i would grow out of it or it would go away. dad said he never needed help for his, so why should i need it.

So you now see what i am fighting against.

• Members

My Grandfather, Great Grandfather, and on back through generations, have been Freemasons of the highest degree.  There are currently SDAs who are Freemasons and in high levels of authority within the Masonic brotherhood.  Too many people get paranoid about the brotherhood.  

It's not the Freemasonry that can be vicious or evil.  It's specific people who would be so, with or without membership in the brotherhood....just like membership in *any* group.  Even church groups.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

The issue EGW had with Masonry was that there is a certain stage that a member had to begin calling someone, "Worshipful Master" (I think that is the term) The idea being, Is there any human you can conscientiously address in that way.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I believe that the highest is 32nd degree.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Members

the 1st 32 degrees are earned... the 33rd degree is bestowed..

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Pam is correct.  There is a 33rd degree which is bestowed but may require some effort on the person.

NOTE:  I  had a friend who advanced to the 33rd degree.

Gregory

• Moderators

The Masonic titles, in my  opinion, are only part of the reason why EGW frowned on the Masons.

The Masonic Order, in my opinion, fill the role that a church fills in the lives of many people.

The early Adventists found that its Masonic member spent such an amount of time in Mason activities that he had limited time for Adventist activities.

I believe that the above two issues expand the reasons for EGW frowning on the so-called secret orders.

Gregory

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2016 at 2:59 AM, Femster said:

My father, from whom i am now estranged at my request, was a very high level freemason. Probably 33 rd degree if you know anything about it.

I am wondering if this is why i am having so many challenges with Satanic attacks in my life- that as i was technically in his family, now i know the truth , and have run away from it at breakneck speed, is this why he is attacking me??

i think it is also why he was so mentally abusive towards me- told me every child after the first was a mistake ( i am number 3), and would tell me to do things his way, and then when that didnt work out, he would say he never said to do it like that.

he and Mum also knew i had mental health issues as far back as 14 or 15, had a referral to a child psychologist but didnt believe or want to acknowledge i had mental health issues, and just ignored it, hoping i would grow out of it or it would go away. dad said he never needed help for his, so why should i need it.

So you now see what i am fighting against.

Any influence that would tend to remove one from allegiance to Jesus would be better to avoid. And a child of the King and disciple of Jesus has a couple of promises they can depend on.

9You whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, And called from its remotest parts And said to you, 'You are My servant, I have chosen you and not rejected you. 10'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.' 11"Behold, all those who are angered at you will be shamed and dishonored; Those who contend with you will be as nothing and will perish.…Isaiah 41

4You are from God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is He who is in you than he who is in the world.....1 John 4

28"Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. 29"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and YOU WILL FIND REST FOR YOUR SOULS. 30"For My yoke is easy and My burden is light."....Matthew 11  Emphasis theirs' LHC

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

rudywoofs (Pam) and all others

To Pam and others on the site of "Breaking away from Free Masonry, whereas, the idea of breaking away really means being a part of something.  I have been a Master Mason since being raised to that degree on 3/24/1977; maybe I can answer some question and give a better understanding of the Blue Lodge which is the name of a Masonic Lodge.

The Blue Lodge has three degrees consisting of; 1) Entered Apprentice, 2) Fellow Craft, and 3) Master Mason.  These degrees are based on the history of Craft Builders in the Middle Ages and the Lodges claim their History back to the building of King Solomon's Temple with a story of the death of Hiram Abriff the Master Builder the son of a Widow.  The 3rd degree is the greatest degree of honor one can obtain in Masonry.

There two attendant bodies that have built on the three degrees of Masonry those being; 1) Scottish Rite, and 2) The York Rite of Free Masons. 

The Scottish Rite is comprised of 32degrees with the 33degree being given in Honor for a life time of work to the Order.  There only very few 33degrees given each year.  The Scottish Rite is open to any mason who has attained the 3rd degree: The membership to anyone holding a belief in a Supreme Being the same requirement in taking the degrees in the Blue Lodge.  The Degrees are presented in a theater like setting in the form of plays.

To be a member of the York Rite of Free Masons, not only holding a belief in a Supreme Being, one must also holding a belief in God, the Son, and the Spirit. The motto of the York Rite is; "Every Christian Mason should be a Knight Templar," which is the highest degree available.

The York Rite degrees are; 1st, 2nd and 3rd degrees of the Blue Lodge; then the degrees of the Royal Arch, 4) Mark Master, 5) Past Master, 6) Most Excellent Master, 7) Royal Arch; 8) Royal Master, 9) Select Master, 10) Super Excellent Master;  11) Order of Red Cross, 12) Order of Malta, 13) Order of the Temple.  The Order of the Temple is equivalent to the 32nd degree of the Scottish Rite.

The Master of a Blue Lodge has memory work of such that he is able to speak for a total of 17 and ½ hours in reference to the work of the lodge.  The motto of Free Masonry is, "We Make Good Men Better," and we do not invite men to join and our other motto says, "2B One Ask1."

Hope this information helps or assists in the knowledge of the Order.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I used to work closely with a person who was awarded the 33rd degree during the time that I worked with him.  I will simply say that the 33rd degree is not easy to obtain.  A person who is being considered for such must be actively involved in that process as it is not passively given.

At all stages, as I understand it, one is asked to commit to memory material that is not transmitted in written form.  I consider it to be important to recognize this.

From this perspective, anything that appears in writing should be considered as incomplete.

Just my perspective.

Gregory

• 3 years later...

My observation is that churches have plenty of women's ministries in their churches, but very little mens ministry, a church may have the occasional mens breakfast but that is about it. Men join groups like the Masons or the Mens shed looking for friendship. We could be doing a lot more in that area and growing our churches as a result. Its important to have groups within churches where people can have a feeling of fellowship and belonging outside of the worship service.