ClubAdventist is back!

GayatfootofCross

3 minutes ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

Bonnie, correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears that your primary issues with Gay's posts are that you feel:

My primary issue is the constant pointing out the sins of most church members he knows. 

That he is promoting the full homosexual lifestyle as being acceptable in the SDA church,

I believe that he is. Otherwise there would not be this constant promoting of "christian" leaders that now feel they have been wrong. It really is not  a sin.. If I were admitting to adultery and used all that I could find to show that "christian" ;leaders actually support my lifestyle and condemn them that are not of the same mind,you would think what?

2) that he is promoting the full homosexual lifestyle as being acceptable in the SDA church,

I believe that is what he would like to see,otherwise it would not be said that maybe we will find out it is not a sin,or that some consider this lifestyle holy.  Some have stated here that biblical scholars may find our belief  in this is wrong and is not biblical. That is their privilege. Personally I don't believe God has left anything critical to our salvation a secret only to be understood by biblical scholars.

3) that faithful SDA Christians are obligated to condemn an SDA Christian who is in a full homosexual relationship, and

Not sure where this has come from.Do I think it wrong? Yes.Do I feel that I have to confront everyone living that life and straighten them out? Nope. Do I feel obligated to accept that all that disagree with Gay as somehow less christian than he professes to be? Nope.

4) that anyone on the forum who does condemn such a relationship within the SDA church is considered a bully and is put down and mad or taking the brunt of her continual obsession over the sabbathe to look like the bad guy.

Yup. Go back and reread if necessary.It is a lot like the situation with  friend that eventually ceased to be a friend.

Her issue was the Sabbath. Other than at times saying to her I would not do something because it was Sabbath I never brought up the sabbath issue,she did,over and over. When I responded then it was,"You think you are a better christian than me because you keep the sabbath or you always make such an issue over sabbath,there are other things just as or more important".  I got sick of being made less than she felt she was.

She will still tell you how  holier than thou I was and preached the sabbath to her all the time,yet I never brought it up

If the issue is condemning then I would think that it would be anyone that constantly is condemning

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Members

thanks, Bonnie.  That was helpful.

I want to think about your answers.  ... and also want to clarify this:

3) that faithful SDA Christians are obligated to condemn an SDA Christian who is in a full homosexual relationship, and

Not sure where this has come from.Do I think it wrong? Yes.Do I feel that I have to confront everyone living that life and straighten them out? Nope. Do I feel obligated to accept that all that disagree with Gay as somehow less christian than he professes to be? Nope.

I'm understanding you to say here that you do not feel it is necessary to confront an SDA who is in a full homosexual relationship, even though you think such a relationship is wrong.  Do I have that correct?  (some *do* feel it is their biblical "duty" to confront those who they feel are sinning)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

I'm understanding you to say here that you do not feel it is necessary to confront an SDA who is in a full homosexual relationship, even though you think such a relationship is wrong.  Do I have that correct?  (some *do* feel it is their biblical "duty" to confront those who they feel are sinning)

No,I am not going to confront someone unless it is appropriate. When that someone tries to convince me the rightness of what he is doing and my sin if I believe it wrong,then yes,I would. This topic has been brought up time and time again by one person,always ending with the sins of others.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

As much as I dislike seeing a trend that is happening here re how very "unchristian" some are who do not see the story at hand here in the same light, I must say that GATFOTC does not seem like he is seeking "approval" from anyone. He seems more like the rest of us, just seeking ways to have a relationship with God. The error here is more in the back and forth personal characterizations of people's personalities, rather than their ideas, and Gay, my friend, you are guilty of that too. Some of the things you are saying about people who do not support your life-style are not very fair, and they are not right. It is my suggestion that both sides drop the attacks on people, and address ideas. I would never condemn a person who is seeking out God and wants to connect with Him, and Gay, I hope you keep on doing that. Dont give up just because you don't like the way some talk or think. lol You already know you cant change anyone. So just look after yourself, and keep talking it out with God. He loves "even you." :)

The Wanderer,

Thank you for saying that.

What I highlighted is not about people ..its about the arlarming  Christian Culture that blocks JESUS.

The real abomination.

I grew up with these  mindsets and shared before  this is how I was  thought to be  (hello) and agreed with these thoughts for decades.......till I met the Real Jesus.

I am sorry I didn't put that point across better.

And I am guilty of far worse than you think.

May the Joy of the Lord be your Strength!

:)

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

This isn't a situation where knowing we have a gay member someone is always pounding on the subject ,posting scripture to condemn him.The gay member is the one pounding on the subject with the new found wisdom of various "christian leaders" and when responded to in the negative others start calling foul.

• Like 1

• Members

Bonnie, Okay.  I see where you're coming from.

Doesn't it seem something like a vicious circle if someone tries to convince you that their sin is not really a sin, so you push back with your reasons that, yessir, it *is* a sin, then they come back with a retort, then it's your turn, etc. etc etc.

Is there no room to agree to disagree?

• Like 1

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

5 minutes ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

Doesn't it seem something like a vicious circle if someone tries to convince you that their sin is not really a sin, so you push back with your reasons that, yessir, it *is* a sin, then they come back with a retort, then it's your turn, etc. etc etc.

I never said Homosexuality is not a sin.

u can look at every post i ever posted and you will not ever see me a thing

For Good Reason!

# I didnt choose to be gay

i did choose to be a Christian

but not really..It was Jesus from the beginning of my Faith till the End

almost like it wasn't a choice..just being drawn

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

Of

1 minute ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

Of course there is. That usually ends when "you are judging now" or you are like the self righteous pharisees,who are you to judge my sin yada,yada begins,or the tearing down of complete churches because they are self righteous hypocrites,after all they have sinned to.

4 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

I never said Homosexuality is not a sin.

u can look at every post i ever posted and you will not ever see me a thing

For Good Reason!

You have given strong indication that you don't believe it to be a sin. I have stated them before. You seem to have a great fondness for many christian leaders that say exactly that and post them frequently

I asked Pam a question,maybe you wouldn't mind answering.

If I came to this forum announced that I was guilty of adultery and have now repented and proceeded as you have yoo u would say what?

You would take me as being sincere if my time was spent in condemning all that would call that wrong or in finding as many notable people that have had a change of heart and no longer believe adultery to be wrong?

If you (general) truly believe something to be wrong most do not spend their time in the condemnation of others and a concentrated effort to produce those that now see that sin as no longer a sin

• Members

Wait a minute.  People don't necessarily agree with articles that they post here.  Sometimes things are posted to get people's reactions and thoughts...

13 minutes ago, bonnie said:

I asked Pam a question,maybe you wouldn't mind answering.

If I came to this forum announced that I was guilty of adultery and have now repented and proceeded as you have yoo u would say what?

You would take me as being sincere if my time was spent in condemning all that would call that wrong or in finding as many notable people that have had a change of heart and no longer believe adultery to be wrong?

If you (general) truly believe something to be wrong most do not spend their time in the condemnation of others and a concentrated effort to produce those that now see that sin as no longer a sin

to rephrase your scenario:

You come to the forum and tell us you were an adulteress.  But you have now repented.  You now use the forum as a podium to condemn people who say adultery is a sin.  And you find people who have changed their minds and no longer consider adultery a sin, and proffer them as examples of how everyone should believe.

Yes, that's a weird scenario.

And that's how you see Gay using his time here at the Forum?  

BTW Gay, here is a cute kitten for you so you cant say I am, well whatever you say I am. :)

kitten.thumb.jpg.3c53beb9fa632fca474a676

lol, I am guilty of far more than you think too! Ha ha! You think I am just some nice guy from Canada who wanders around with a camera!!

I understand you as saying you grew up with "a certain mindset" and how that made/makes you "feel,' but it still boils down to what we say about people, as opposed to ideas. I know some gays who do not see it all as you say you have, or do. And they dont spend much time critisizing anyone who thinks different or disagrees with them. They are far too busy enjoying their relationship with God and counting their blessings, rather than their's or someone else's failings. I'd be willing to bet that if you looked at what you are saying about people here, rather than ideas, you would see something you could change for the better.

I have been finding that characterizing people, instead of ideas, has been a deadly pit of depair and grief for me. I doubt I can say I have beat that problem yet, but i feel good that i know it exists, and that I can do something about me, not other people.

i love kitties

we have three

we had six but two falls ago we lost three due to wild animals in the woods

All these years up here and not one problem

then zap our faves gone forever

Well not forever

We believe we will see them on the New Earth.

As well as much loved humans.

Gay or Straight.

And BTW...

I like what you say and  i highlighted the Spiritual Journey we are to be on.

WOULD LOVE BE KNOWN AS ONE OF THOSE GAYS

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not think of sin as does or don'ts

My understanding in the Light of God's character personified by Jesus (the complete revelation of GOD

Is sin separates us from God

God doesn't turn His back or move away. Our sin cause us to think God turns His Back or move away. When Adam sinned.. God came towards them with love and non condemnation and adam Ran and hid

That is what sin does to us. God seeks

Sin in the end kills us too. And God came so we may have LIFE!

Our God stepped out on this world with every sin in his Wholly Loving Face and still loved and loved on the worse while yet in Sin Christ loved and lived and died for us.

He is always with us no matter what we do. Always facing us with non condemnation.. Even in the darkest addictions or self pity or raw anger or off on the deep end or brazen rebellion

He is always wooing us and so in love with us. It is Who He is.

What a wonderful God

This God comforts me. This God I wake up to (even when i don't feel like facing the day)

He doesn't Change. When I read 1 Cor13. im seeing  GOD.

He is this love! JESUS showed all of this in His tender dealings with us.

I want this place to reflect that to all the beautiful rebellious sodomizing gender bending QUEERS.

All kinds of people are passing by and looking into  this SDA  world here.

Showing up at our Churches....listening very quietly.

"... Wherever a soul reaches out after God, there the Spirit's working is manifest, and God will reveal Himself to that soul. For such worshipers He is seeking. He waits to receive them, and to make them His sons and daughters." Desire of Ages 189

Do they see this non condemning GOD that I have found? can they still be QUEER and in relationship with HIM? Can we echo God's heart toward all sinners?

Can they too come as they are and find healing in their hearts towards God HIMSELF ?

It may be a pie in the sky to think Christians can all be christians to each other.

I still hold out hope.

And I need to be a better example.

Sometimes I get very frustrated.

Just when i think i could rise above the slights as EGW puts it ...i take a nose dive!

but I believe the REMNANT will look like the JESUS before He comes back.

And thank you for reminding me what's it all about.

May the Joy of the Lord be all our Strength!

Romeo and Juliet

God doesn't turn His back or move away. Our sin cause us to think God turns His Back or move away. When Adam sinned.. God came towards them with love and non condemnation and adam Ran and hid

1Behold, the LORD'S hand is not so short That it cannot save; Nor is His ear so dull That it cannot hear. 2But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, And your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear....Isaiah 59

God is Love!~Jesus saves! :D    :prayer:   :offtobed:

Lift Jesus up!!

2 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

This Sermon shares the God I have found to be true.

If God cannot look upon sin or sinners ..none of us could be saved!

Romeo and Juliet

11 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

Wait a minute.  People don't necessarily agree with articles that they post here.  Sometimes things are posted to get people's reactions and thoughts...

to rephrase your scenario:

You come to the forum and tell us you were an adulteress.  But you have now repented.  You now use the forum as a podium to condemn people who say adultery is a sin.  And you find people who have changed their minds and no longer consider adultery a sin, and proffer them as examples of how everyone should believe.

Yes, that's a weird scenario.

And that's how you see Gay using his time here at the Forum?  

Very true.  When you begin a discussion on a certain topic and almost immediately veer from that to "those other guys" I believe the reason is different than getting people's reactions.Instead of a discussion on repentance and redemption ,it is "those other guys".. The focus shifts to the silly woman that believes drinking coffee is a sin or you can't be saved if you are overweight. Or worse, the self righteous hypocrites,they are probably doing worse. Always reminds me of our boys when they were younger. If they were in serious trouble they would acknowledge they were wrong but soon shift to  a brother that had done far worse and that really had to be addressed. 

When someone claims to be slighted,ostracized and condemned by "all those others" maybe it is time to start evaluating that chip you place on your shoulder every morning,hoping someone will prove your point and knock it off. I can guarantee you  will find someone that will. Being gay does not make that unique. 

When you whole focus is "me,myself and I,my feelings,those other guys" you will find just what you are looking for and fulfill your own expectations

On 2/18/2016 at 4:13 PM, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

I suppose some would say that part of my identification of 'exwitch' is "glorifying past sin".... that's their prerogative, but I respectfully disagree.  It can be a remarkable vehicle in sharing the story of redemption and of Christ's never-ending quest to redeem his children...

I think you miss my point.  Do you call yourself a Witch Christian?  If so I've never seen it.  You call yourself an EX-witch Christian.  You distance yourself from your past.  You point out your separation from your past sin.  For a person to say they are a Gay Christian is to identify themselves with the sin itself with no distance between them and the sin.   There is a huge difference between pointing out one's past, and one's turning point, by identifying one's self as an EX-something and to identify one's self as a current something.  The first glorifies God.  The second glorifies the sin itself.

• Like 2
Liberty cannot be established without morality, nor morality without faith.
Alexis de Tocqueville

21 minutes ago, joeb said:

I think you miss my point.  Do you call yourself a Witch Christian?  If so I've never seen it.  You call yourself an EX-witch Christian.  You distance yourself from your past.  You point out your separation from your past sin.  For a person to say they are a Gay Christian is to identify themselves with the sin itself with no distance between them and the sin.   There is a huge difference between pointing out one's past, and one's turning point, by identifying one's self as an EX-something and to identify one's self as a current something.  The first glorifies God.  The second glorifies the sin itself.

being A Gay Man is not sin

I like the term QUEER

I use it as an umbrella to include all the non normatives

Being a QUEER IS NOT A SIN

:D 

And if are so inclined look into the exgay gay testimonies and u will see many gays don't automatically become heteros upon conversion

...and heterosexuality is not sainthood.

joeb

and please read the OP

it explains a few of the reasons why i use the term

GAAAAAAAY CHRISTIAN

oops

Maybe I should call myself QUEER CHRISTIAN

But some heterosexuals use that term  'QUEER' in a derogatory way.

hmmm..

# festive,merry,mirthy

Romeo and Juliet

On 2/16/2016 at 2:19 PM, Stan said:

I say this as an over weight person, to constantly be jumping un someone because they are gay or because they eat the wrong lifestyle...  which is worse?

Oh, brother....

I'm most likely fatter than you are.  I acknowledge my sin in eating more than I should.  If I didn't I wouldn't be as fat as I am.  I acknowledge being fat is very unhealthy and I have no problem with anyone who points it out.  They are most likely trying to do me a favor.  Whether or not my appetite being greater than my level of exercise is 100% my fault or not is immaterial.   I've gained more than 100lbs since my back injury.  I simply cannot exercise and the resulting lack of exercise and the resulting depression--because my way of working off stress was always to go compete on the baseball field, basketball court, football field, go hiking, etc... and thus are all gone because of my disability-- from that and high levels of chronic pain causes me to emotionally make the decision to find my "comfort" in food.  I'm still responsible for my own actions. 

My obesity is my fault.  Plain and simple.  I own it. 

Alexis de Tocqueville

being gay is not my fault

it wasn't A choice i made

if it was a choice

i would have chosen heterosexuality

And all the gays i know feel or felt that way also

I am in a better state than i used to be now

as well as some of my gay friends

God is turning it to a blessing

PRAISE GOD

Romeo and Juliet

While you may believe this is directed at you it is not. It is general . While you claim some of us miss the point,and that may be,do you think it possible that you and those that condemn those "missing the point and being judgemental" may also be missing our objection and point?

I have something in my life I consider a sin,any sin you want to name,something that in order to follow Christ I need to put behind me,claim I have repented and then spend a lot of time posting a change of mind by "notable christian leaders". All to enforce the idea that yes at one time it was felt to be a sin,but on further  reflection we now believe it is no longer a sin. Furhter more those that still believe my behavior,past or not was a sin are really the sinners

How authentic will my claim appear to others?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GayatfootofCross said:

being A Gay Man is not sin

I like the term QUEER

I use it as an umbrella to include all the non normatives

Being a QUEER IS NOT A SIN

:D 

And if are so inclined look into the exgay gay testimonies and u will see many gays don't automatically become heteros upon conversion

...and heterosexuality is not sainthood.

joeb

and please read the OP

it explains a few of the reasons why i use the term

GAAAAAAAY CHRISTIAN

oops

Maybe I should call myself QUEER CHRISTIAN

But some heterosexuals use that term  'QUEER' in a derogatory way.

hmmm..

# festive,merry,mirthy

You're still missing the point.  The world looks at someone who says they are gay as a practicing homosexual, and you know that.  Thus, to identify yourself as a gay Christian is to cast doubt upon your own claims of not practicing your specific major sin.  It has the very real world effect of telling the world that God sees practicing homosexuals as moral and good.  That plus you play the game of "everyone who disagrees with homosexuality is a bigot", rather than acknowledging that many Christians can condemn the sin and not the sinner.   You practice wholesale condemnation of the church on that basis.  You've done it repeatedly here.

Hey, I used drugs for decades.  I ran around with murderers, theives, con artists, etc....  I lived a life than was in no way moral or right.  I dealt drugs.  I have no problem with someone just because they are a sinner.  No problem at all.  I'm one, and most of the time I really identify with Paul when he said he was the chief of sinners, however, I no longer practice nor condone all those things I used to do.  I do not glorify them by condemning anyone who condemns those sins.  However, that does not lead me into the error excusing sin and sinful practices.  Sin, of any kind, will keep us out of heaven, if we don't separate ourselves from it. 

• Like 2
Alexis de Tocqueville

joeb,

Gay Christians are re educating 

and there are Gay Christians who believe  that it is not a sin

people are slowly figuring out

not all stereotypes of groups are not applicable to all individuals

Romeo and Juliet

When will you ever understand that condemning a sin is not condemning the sinner?  Huge difference....  Being a sinner is not sinning.  Doing sin is sinning.  I've made this distinction time and time again and yet you ignore that and claim that by condemning the sin I am condemning the sinner.  You're far more judgmental than those you accuse of being judgmental. 

• Like 2
Alexis de Tocqueville

1 minute ago, joeb said:

When will you ever understand that condemning a sin is not condemning the sinner?  Huge difference....  Being a sinner is not sinning.  Doing sin is sinning.  I've made this distinction time and time again and yet you ignore that and claim that by condemning the sin I am condemning the sinner.  You're far more judgmental than those who accuse of being judgmental. 

we are talking about the term

GAY CHRISTIAN

not  the difference of sin and sinner

and Happy Sabbath

I love you!

thats all im gonna say

Romeo and Juliet

pardon the repeated links

..it wont go away after the initial post

oooooooooo

maybe its part of the big plan

:P

Romeo and Juliet