ClubAdventist is back!

GayatfootofCross

being A Gay Man is not sin

Being a QUEER IS NOT A SIN   

Perhaps not, but the proximity to that which is contrary to a God like character will exclude a person from the kingdom unless the indwelling presence of Jesus is allowed to do His sanctifying  work.

22 And of some have compassion, making a difference:

23 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.

24 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,

25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.....Jude 1

4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.....1 John 4

That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.    John 3

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

Gay Christian is to identify themselves with the sin itself with no distance between them and the sin. 

The above statement is the root of much of the issues with some, perhaps many people. They simply do not understand the what being Gay mean, or choose not to accept what science currently has to say about it. 

A Leopard  does not change its spots, once a Leopard always a Leopard. When someone's DNA has been discombobulated it stays that way. All the praying in the world will not change it. 

Gay does not mean sexualy active. Being straight does not mean sexualy active. 

Maybe we need some biology 101 for peoples!!

• Like 1

The words of Christ, 'Let him without sin, cast the first stone' has equal importance as His words 'Go and sin no more'.

Those wanting to 'stone' never give up.....why not just look at yourself and stop all the finger pointing. Just might be a shorter path to salvation.

7 hours ago, GayatfootofCross said:

being A Gay Man is not sin

Did God place in you the desire towards same sex?  

I'm sure you would say "no".  Then where did that lust originate? The simple answer is the fall of Adam.  Adam passed to you a degenerate, fallen nature (as he did me).

Besides if we limit sin to only outward actions we will succumb to a self-righteous attitude.  Clearly murder and adultery are first sinful thoughts that when cherished manifest themselves into physical, outward actions. 

The fact that you and I have within us a mechanism that pulls us towards sin disqualifies us for heaven.  Paul states this in 1 Cor 5:50.  

God's law, which is the standard of righteousness, demands 3 things:

1] Perfect righteousness in deed, thought and action.

2] Perfect justice for failure of # 1

3] A perfect humanity free from indwelling sin

Al these we have "in Christ" by faith.  

I

1 hour ago, CoAspen said:

Those wanting to 'stone' never give up.

Yes, that's one form of self-righteousness.

The other form of self-righteousness is justifying known sin, such as the homosexual lifestyle.

To justify and legitimize sin is to nullify that which is wrong.  If the homosexual lifestyle isn't sinful then the homosexual doesn't need Christ.  The law points us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.  But if we make void the law then the sinner doesn't need Christ.  The outcome is the same.

8 hours ago, GayatfootofCross said:

being gay is not my fault

it wasn't A choice i made

if it was a choice

i would have chosen heterosexuality

And all the gays i know feel or felt that way also

I am in a better state than i used to be now

as well as some of my gay friends

God is turning it to a blessing

PRAISE GOD

I see.

Being a sinner is not my fault.

It wasn't a choice I made.

If it was a choice,

I would have chosen perfection.

And most people I know would have felt that way also.

Is God turning sin into a blessing?

I don't believe sin is, has been, or ever will have been, a "blessing."  But God IS able to turn it around and bring good out of it in miraculous ways.  God's character will forevermore be clear to all, whereas before sin, the depth of His love could hardly have been appreciated.  There is certainly no need to consider sin a "blessing" of any kind.  The truest blessing comes by leaving it behind, as fast and as completely as possible!

3 hours ago, jackson said:
4 hours ago, Green Cochoa said:
4 hours ago, Robert said:
6 hours ago, CoAspen said:

I really appreciate the focus of JESUS and His Salvation here.

Amen!

I have said this in many ways many times since I first arrived.

I didn't choose to be gay

But cause of His great love toward me

I was dawn to HIm

actually compelled

He has always been me.

It is Amazing Grace for ALL SINNERS!

I as a Content Gay Christian Man look for ways to share that.

Here on this Forum and in the real world.

It is my Testimony

And I want other beautiful QUEERS to know GOD loves them too.

I have come across Gay Christians who also are learning there is nothing to be ashamed about their beautiful QUEERNESS.

We are learning together and separately that GOD is full of non condemnation and it transforms.

Spiritually being awakened in this fashion is powerful and find their human hearts being swapped for tender hearts toward GOD and others.

Some find themselves understanding that GOD can bless same sex relationships.

Some find themselves understanding that GOD wants them to be celibate.

Some find themselves understanding that GOD is  changing their attractions.

Some find themselves understanding that GOD is calling them into Ministry no matter where they are in their journey.

God truly knows the hearts and  Who are HIS.

We as humans are wonderfully left out of that matter.

The Fruits of the Spirit is love and joy and peace etc.

Not the other things we focus on in others lives.

Our job is to constantly point to the LIFE GIVER. and to place our Trust in HIM and Trusting He is working in QUEERS hearts as well.

Abraham Believed GOD and it was accounted unto him as RIGHTEOUSNESS.

Again, I love the Focus this Thread is taking.

PRAISE GOD!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• Moderators

Do we have so little regard for the wisdom of God that we would think He would call homosexuality an abominable sin yet arrange it so that the labeled sinner had absolutely no choice in the matter  and was beyond the grace of God to heal?

And here we have an example as to how communication can break down.

Homosexuality is defined by some as what one does.  From the standpoint of this definition, homosexuality is a choice and one is thought to be able to chose what they do.

Others, to include me, define it in a manner that is beyond what one does.  We define it as a gender preference that is beyond choice.  It should be noted that I have worked with   celibate people who defined themselves as homosexual/gay/queer, etc.

This issue is similar to that of alcoholism.  I have a close relative who is an alcoholic and tells people that she is an alcoholic. Yet, she has not had a drink that contained alcohol for over twenty years.   Her alcoholism is not defined by what she does but by her nature and that relation to alcoholic drinks.

Gregory

• Moderators

Greensaid:

I don't believe sin is, has been, or ever will have been, a "blessing."  But God IS able to turn it around and bring good out of it in miraculous ways.  God's character will forevermore be clear to all, whereas before sin, the depth of His love could hardly have been appreciated.  There is certainly no need to consider sin a "blessing" of any kind.  The truest blessing comes by leaving it behind, as fast and as completely as possible!

I have a basic agreement with the above and think that much of it was said very well.

However, I will suggest that Green has not fully understood the comment made by another to the effect that sin had become a blessing to them.  The effect of living in a sinful world and in experiencing sin itself, can lead o the blessing of the individual undergrowing spiritual growth.  I will suggest that was the focus of the person who made that comment.

Gregory

13 hours ago, CoAspen said:

All the praying in the world will not change it. 

Faithless praying won't ever change anything.  The prayer of faith can move mountains.  Perhaps the question should be the same as the one Jesus asked of His disciples: "O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?"

The Bible tells us what happens when we have faith.  "And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him." (James 5:15)

But what happens if the one who is sick is content to remain that way?  What happens when people blame their DNA for their actions?  If the DNA forced a person to live in sin, and prevented him or her from escaping from or repenting of it, how could God be considered just and fair in deciding against sinners in the end?

The scary part is that some of us look so hard for an excuse, for a reason to believe that we cannot actually change, because we enjoy the sin in our lives.  The Bible tells us what God will do with such self-deceived persons: He will give them up to their lusts.  God is a gentleman.  He will let you do what you want and make the choices that He has given you freedom to make.  Nevertheless, He will encourage, remind, rebuke, woo, and patiently correct and teach us to leave sin alone and come to Him for true happiness, peace, love, and rest.

Blessings,
Green Cochoa.

37 minutes ago, LeaningonJesus said:

Everyone knows homosexuality is clearly not tolerated in the Bible. It is a sin.

Okay, true.

And it is not wrong as Christians to judge others. 

Romans 2:1 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself.

We are to judge even angels. If I cannot judge whether a homosexual person living with a homosexual person is wrong when the Bible says it clearly is wrong then how am I to judge an angel. 

1 Cor 6:2 "do you not know that the saints will judge the world....3 Do you not know that we will judge angels?"

The judgment here refers to the 1,000 years between the second coming of Christ and the second resurrection.  "The saints" are in heaven.  They have no sinful disposition for they have been resurrected back to the image and likeness of God.

As believing sinners we are not to judge one another. Yes we can call sin by its name, but we are not in a position to judge whether or not other believers will be in heaven.

41 minutes ago, LeaningonJesus said:

Can I say something? Everyone knows homosexuality is clearly not tolerated in the Bible. It is a sin. And it is not wrong as christians to judge others.  We are to judge even angels. If I cannot judge whether a homosexual person living with a homosexual person is wrong when the Bible says it clearly is wrong then how am I to judge an angel.  We are not to be a stumbling block to each other. But we are to point out each other's sins in a loving way and encourage each other's growth as a christian.  That is the purpose of the church. To encourage each other not pretend we are all perfect and tolerate each other's sinful behaviors. It is the body of Christ and we need to strengthen it as much as possible and send a message of purity and truth to the world.  Why do we need God to tell us what to do? Do we know what is right and wrong better than God?  I love this broadcast of It is Written radio The law of God  https://www.itiswritten.com/television/episodes/8292   What is missing here today is not that sinful people are not allowed in the church but that it is not okay for a professed christian to be advertising that is okay for them to also be gay and glad of their sin. This cannot be tolerated. It would be another situation if you were attempting to change your sins.

Welcome back Kdogae86..  many are in agreement with the position, I would rather you told stories of people who over came  It is easy to point fingers at people and say you are not doing good enough, there is time to tell stories of victory and overcoming.

All of us are sinners, some get caught and others do not.  Tell stories of victories.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

39 minutes ago, LeaningonJesus said:

If I make a judgment that homosexuality is wrong but I am myself a homosexual then yes I judge myself. 

You and I are not the judge and therefore we can't decide who is going to make it. The law requires much more than not committing homosexual acts.  The law requires only agape love.  Anything outside agape is condemned.  So in that respect we are all guilty before the law.

And "no" I am not trying to justify living the homosexual life anymore than I would try to justify living an adulterous life.  If I look at a woman lustfully I've committed adultery according to the spirit of the law.  Therefore the law even judges our thoughts.  Hence we had to be delivered from under law because none of us are meeting its requirements of absolute righteousness. 

6 minutes ago, LeaningonJesus said:

Once again obviously I am not deciding today who is making it to heaven. Our lives are not over and Jesus hasn't resurrected us. That is when the judgment happens.

No the investigate judgment is going on now. The judgment between the 2nd coming and the 2nd resurrection is the judgment of the lost.

But I can judge whether individual actions or thoughts are sinful. 

No, you can't....God, through the Spirit, convicts of sin.  You can call sin, sin, but you don't know the person's heart.  We can do the wrong thing for the right motive and we can do the right thing for the wrong motive.  God's looks are our intentions...our motives, but we cannot read the heart.

13 minutes ago, LeaningonJesus said:

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matt 5:48

What is your point? yeah God wants us to be like him. I don't understand the controversy

That's not what Matt 5:48 states. It clearly demands that we are to be perfect, just as God is perfect.  Therefore by the works of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight.  We are only perfect as God "in Christ Jesus".  

Now, when one accepts the gospel he receives a new heart, but the old nature remains 100% sinful and so the believer struggles.....

Yes, we confess, but confession is not keeping the law.  Confession is admitting we have failed to keep the law and are imperfect. Confession is admitting we are sinners falling short of God's agape love.

14 minutes ago, Robert said:

Now, when one accepts the gospel he receives a new heart, but the old nature remains 100% sinful and so the believer struggles.....

Yes, we confess, but confession is not keeping the law.  Confession is admitting we have failed to keep the law and are imperfect. Confession is admitting we are sinners falling short of God's agape love.

Why do we confess - is it not to admit we are sinners falling short of God's agape? We confess because we are convicted of sin. To refuse to confess is to reject our need of Christ's righteousness. Therefore a cherished sin is one that we refuse to confess to Christ our great high Priest.  Pretty soon nothing is sin and we no longer need Christ as our righteousness.   That's the real danger.

"He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination." [Proverbs 28:9]

To reject the law's evaluation of our condition is to reject the righteousness of Christ through faith. To reject the law's evaluation is to see ourselves as holy.  Those who see themselves as holy are self-deceived and even their prayers are an abomination. See https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+18%3A9-14&version=NIV

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Welcome back Kdogae86.

ok.Stan ... now this is getting creepy

:)

#skincrawl

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

3 hours ago, Robert said:

Why should I be upset at a law that has no jurisdiction over me?  

That's an interesting statement, Robert.  One that I am not unfamiliar with.  It should be a topic all by itself.

And

And His commandments are not grievous.

1 minute ago, bluejx said:

Let's not deviate from this topic and go off on a tangent.  I'd love to discuss it with you but not here.

Okay...start another topic and I'll join. 

4 hours ago, Robert said:

Why should I be upset at a law that has no jurisdiction over me?  

26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh....Ezekiel 36

One reason why any individual can feel secure in my presence is a result of the promise of God granted to me when He gave me a new heart.

17 You shall not murder.....Deuteronomy 5

God is Love!~Jesus saves! :D

Lift Jesus up!!