ClubAdventist is back!

Neil D

Gail

• Administrators

Neil Dewey, long-time member, passed away yesterday.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

;(

I haven't even been able to bring myself to write anything on his FB page... :(

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

That's like me- a lot of quiet thinking as I digest the reality.

He was sick for a long time with the kind of cancer he had. I was amazed... 

What I remember the most was his dramatic, kind of flamboyant way. He was quite talkative. On the board here he had a way of pushing people's buttons. I used to imagine him posting then sitting back and smiling at the response.

• Like 3

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I made a short post on his FB page .... it amazes me that he lived as long as he did and remained active until the last few weeks.  He did enjoy pushing peoples buttons; on board and in person.  RIP Neil

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Moderators

I am sad at his passing. Glad that we got to know him here and looking forward to meeting in the resurrection. My condolences to his friends and family.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Just reading this..... I'm very sad.

We always had a friendly banter back and forth. Yes he was provocative and that's what made him so much fun. I had the blessing spending a few hours with him a couple of years ago when we came to DC. It was great meeting the man behind the posts.

Seeing Neil is another reason to look forward to being in the earth made new.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

• Members

This is really sad! I hate to say it, but I was afraid of this day. We know that eventually we all die, but when its this close, it really hits home. I know I've never met him personally, but the way he interacted with us, here on the forum and on FB, it felt like you did know him personally. He will definitely be missed. I'm actually writing this post with tears in my eyes. Yes this is really sad!!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

He was one of a kind, that's for sure. While we never met in person, we did have quite a few private chats and I called him Uncle and he called me his cyber niece. I was always hoping he could beat it, I miss him, and I can't wait to see him in Heaven.  

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

I too was able to spend some quality time with Neil when he came to visit friends here in the DC area.  With both of us possessing the gift of gab we did have a nonstop gabfest.  It seemed we hit it off like long lost friends, kindred spirits really.  In his last weeks he talked about wanting to be able to come back and visit again.  Sadly it wasn't possible.  I will miss him.

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators

When he stopped to see us last year, it was hard to believe he was as sick as he was, yet we knew he didn't have as long to live as we all would have liked. He came in and wouldn't even sit down, because he had a list of people he wanted to see that day on his way home. I guess he wanted to see as many as possible while he had the chance and was well enough to do it, because so much of his time had already been spent in the hospital. While he talked, he just couldn't seem to stop moving. So full of energy, he seemed. We had planned to see him this spring or summer. It'll be a little longer now until we see him, but not too much longer, I'm thinking.

LD

LD

I'm sad to hear this news about Neil.  We had fun together on this forum exchanging limericks and pirate lingo, and so much other fun.  I never met him but still I counted him as a friend.

• Like 2

dAb

O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!

• Moderators

Oh thank you, LynnDel for describing his visit to you.    I used to have "conversations" with Neil quite often, here on C/A.   He had a lot of spunk.   I didn't know he'd been sick with cancer.

Does anybody know how old he was?   He seemed to me to be about the age of my sons -- about in his 50s. 

He had a lot of spunk [guess I'm repeating myself].   He was special.

Looking forward to meeting him in heaven.  

Soon, I hope.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

I am looking forward to seeing many friends in eternity.  The invention of the internet has created so many friendships that there are many I will not meet in person until we meet in paradise.  Neil is one of those.  I will have to look for a familiar pirate when I get there.

• Like 2

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Way past the event, as I have been AWOL.... I read of Neil's passing on FB and made some comments there at the time..  I too was amazed how long he survived with the type of cancer he had.  The picture was taken in October 2012 when my husband Sammy and I, and friends with whom we were travelling, met Neil in his home town of Coos Bay.  We had a real gabfest and I was impressed at his focus on helping others in his church and community.  He could stir but came across as a concerned and compassionate man.     His last post on FB was a poster advising everyone to make the most of time with friends and loved ones.  His time was fast running out and he must have known that..

P1100542.JPG

• Moderators

Nice to see this picture, Nan.   It's you and your husband Sammy, and Neil -- with an unnamed friend also.   You all look so happy and content.

Isn't it wonderful how our marvelous faith brings us all closer together than we might be otherwise! 

I really appreciate getting to see how you all looked, just a few months ago.   Thank you for posting this.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....