ClubAdventist is back!

Candidate most likely to instigate a National Sunday Law

31 minutes ago, David Geelan said:

It's a fair point. My 'everyone' was indeed too broad.

I think you're wrong about Obama instituting it, but happy to accept that that is not because you are specifically anti-Obama but because that is what you believe the Bible says.

I suspect most others are not coming up with their predictions or views based on Bible study, but I could be wrong.

David,

Thanks you for your note.

You would be blessed to look at the facts.

Then you might consider my conclusion to be more relevant to the discussion.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

9 hours ago, David Geelan said:

I think you're wrong about Obama instituting it, but happy to accept that that is not because you are specifically anti-Obama but because that is what you believe the Bible says

David,

I suspect that as you do not see how I read the Bible to say that BO will do it, others following this discussion do not understand my conclusion either.

Allow me to give a brief explanation that will shed some light on this topic.

The idol in Daniel 2 is explained by Daniel to king Nebuchadnezzar: "Thou art this head of gold" (2:38). "And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom" (2:44)

Daniel is talking about kings from beginning to end, but the 1611 KJV translators assumed that he is referring to KINGDOMS and they translate it as such.

Because they understood that the kingdoms of Babylon, Medo-Persia, Greece and Rome fulfilled Daniel 2 when they did their translating,

which was before Daniel's prophecy was to be unsealed and opened. 

Daniel 7 confirms the meaning to be kingdoms. That is true. But as far as Daniel 2 is concerned the evidence is not there for the kingdom view.

The word that the translators translate as kingdom is kingly throne (Daniel 5:20), realm (6:3), and reign (6:28). 

In the context of kings that Daniel began and ended his narration with in Daniel 2:38 & 44, the word kingdom would have been better translated as:

Dan 2:39  "And after thee shall arise another reign inferior to thee, and another third reign  of brass, which shall bear rule over all the land [Babylon]."

Dan 2:40  "And the fourth reign..."

But God had sealed, shut up, and closed the book of Daniel until the time of the end.

And the translators choice of the word KINGDOM facilitated God's command that the endtime meaning would not be understood until the endtime.

Jeremiah had prophesied of Nebuchadnezzar’s dynasty: “And now have I given all these lands into the hand of Nebuchadnezzar the king of Babylon…to serve him. And all nations shall serve him, and his son, and his son’s son…” (Jeremiah 27:6-7). Nebuchadnezzar’s dynasty fulfilled Jeremiah's prophecy and the local application of Daniel 2: 1) Nebuchadnezzar, 2) Evil-Merodach [his son], 3) Neriglissar [Nebuchadnezzar’s son-in-law], 4) Nabonidus [Nebuchadnezzar’s son-in-law], and 5) Belshazzar [King Nebuchadnezzar’s grandson], who co-ruled with his father.

“The prophetic events related in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream were of consequence to him… wise men should not place upon it a false interpretation. The lessons taught by the dream were given by God for those who live in our day. The inability of the wise men to tell the dream is a representation of the limitations of the wise men of the present day, who, not having wisdom and discernment from the Most High, are unable to understand the prophecies... The man who is not listening to hear what the Lord says in His word, and who is not opening his heart to receive this word, that he may give it to others, is not a representative of the God of heaven. Not many great and learned men of the earth will gladly receive the truth unto eternal life, though to all of them the truth will be proclaimed.” (YI, November 24, 1903 par. 1)

“Daniel’s interpretation was to be rejected and forgotten; truth was to be misinterpreted and misapplied. The symbol designed of Heaven to unfold to the minds of men important events of the future, was to be used to hinder the spread of the knowledge that God desired the world to receiveTruth unmixed with error is a power mighty to save; but that when used to exalt self and to further the projects of men, it becomes a power for evil.” (PK 505.1)

And so it has been. The kingdoms symbolized in Daniel that established the prophetic waymarks to strengthen the faith of God's faithful people through the centuries have now become an obstacle to hinder men from understanding the events of the future that are now upon us.

“Light comes from the very throne of God. When some familiar truth presents itself to your mind in a new aspect, when a text of Scripture suddenly bursts upon you with new meaning like a flash of light that scatters the mist, and you see the relation of other truths to some part of the plan of redemption, God is leading you, and a divine Teacher is at your side. Will you not then open the door of your heart to receive more and more of the heavenly illumination?” (ST, August 27, 1894 par. 3)

Lord Willing Daniel 7 next time will wrap it up

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com