ClubAdventist is back!

God's Love Affair with the Guilty- Bill Lehman

Gail

• Administrators

If you have read, The Matchless Charms of Christ, would you like to join me with this one- God's Love Affair with the Guilty?

Would be great to get some discussion on the topic from inspiration from the book.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I have started the book. Already the book has MORE than delivered in the very first chapter! I feel like I should bump this thread every day until everyone has a copy of this in their possession. 

This book presents a very good lesson on the theology of guilt and salvation, on the character of Jesus and the Holy Spirit of God, as well as that of Satan. There is a condemnation that comes from our own minds that prevents us from holding on to the hope that is in Christ. 

If you want to see the love of Jesus while the world and even those in the church are kicking you down, read these reminders that Lehman has gathered from Scripture and the Spirit of Prophecy in this book. You will want to reflect with wonder at what an awesome God we serve.

• Like 2

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

I have this book but must admit to only having skimmed it.  I think my dearly loved, and missed, Jewish mother taught me more than one would expect about guilt.  As I said I will have to read more than I have at this time, but what I learned from mother is no matter how guilty you are or the more perceived you feel that you are guilty, the minute I was sincere and told her how sorry I was and would attempt to never do "that" again ... guilt ended.  Isn't that the same with God ?

I am sure I have missed about 1000 points to I shall read and rely upon you to give me some well-deserved critiquing.

If your dreams are not big enough to scare you, they are not big enough for God

• Administrators

He goes into detail regarding why some people get exasperated over the sin thing, too, and how God gives victory over sin. He takes the checklist and helps us to see a person instead of a Thou shalt not. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

As I near the end of the book I am overflowing with love for God. He has made us sons, HEIRS, of His kingdom. The book is wonderful all the way through.

I would recommend this book as a baptismal gift. He just explains what it is to be a follower of God, without legalism. He explains how the heart is changed through a realisation and acceptance of God's love.

For me, this is a 5-star read.