ClubAdventist is back!

dogs and cats and other "critters"

rudywoofs (Pam)

• Members

I've heard it said that only the "pure" species that God created in the Garden of Eden will be permitted in the New Earth.  But does that mean the various types or breeds that evolved are not looked upon by God as His creation now?  The dogs and cats that we have now are generally not considered to be anything like what was around 2000 or even 1000 years ago, with the exception of a few breeds.

Does God reject any of His creation now just because they are not the pure specimens of the Garden of Eden?  Does He accept them as they are now? Does he reject any because it wasn't born as 100% representative of the created ideal?  Does God give us a command not to love and care for the creatures of today, and accept them as they are?

What about people?  I can't think of anyone who was born as 100% representative of the created ideal.

Think about it.

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Administrators

I wouldn't want to narrow God by our narrower human views.

• Like 2

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

Life is precious

I was stunned many years ago when I heard God will only have the New Earth with the original species.

All life is precious. Instincts and cognitive abilities and nurturing and the desire to survive in all the animals exist 6000 years ago and today.

God watches it all and  notice when a critter falls from a nest. Yesterday and tomorrow

All Creations Groans.!

:)

• Like 1

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Think about all the species of animals that have gone extinct that we knew nothing about. While I do believe that just the "pure" Garden of Eden animals will be in the New Earth, we will have all of eternity to breed back our favorite breeds and probably even come up with a few new ones.

I think this also goes for food. Tangelos comes to mind, yet we will be able to have both oranges and tangerines, so why not be able to put them together there too?

As for people, I think we are to accept them all as Jesus accepted them. Yet he called all the Scribes and Pharisees snakes and vipers, but on an individual level He converted Joseph of Arimathea.

• Like 2

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• 1 month later...

Pam, I have to admit I do not know how to explain what Ellen G. White meant when she talked about "amalgamation" of animals, and even of "man and beast." She did not offer any specific examples, or say which races might be the product of amalgamation. (Pygmies? Neanderthals? Sasquatches?) But variations based on pre-existing DNA in the original Genesis parent is not amalgamation.

• Like 1

I'd like to see the critters I grew up to know and love would be in Heaven also, and I have some speculations on this topic, too, but never mind it. I've considered both possibilities. We can only speculate what God will do, and our speculations cannot change the result. The real question is: Can you still love God if He doesn't bring your precious pets to Heaven for you? For me, I know I can. I think, though I don't know for sure, that He will recycle the animals that we grew up to know and love, rather than making brand new animals, because animals are living breathing creatures and He cares about them, too, and you're right that humans haven't retained their original perfection, either, and we humans must also be made new, but we will still be ourselves. God will make all things new. If He chooses to discard the pets that we've had on this Earth and give us new pets, I'm sure I'll grow attached to them, too, and be able to love them, also. No, by using the words "recycle" and "discard", I'm not trying to put pets into the same category as inanimate, inorganic objects such as plastic toys or teddy bears, but am thinking in terms of creation, filling the new Earth with perfected, new versions using the old to build them, or completely starting over. I don't know what God will do, but will trust in His wisdom. 

But we know from the Bible, which was written for people (not for animals), that God has a plan to recycle/restore us to perfection and to fill Heaven and the new Earth with people who have existed on this planet, though not all can be restored, because they resist God and trust in their own judgement and the opinions of others that are against God, and will not allow Him to restore them. 

I think not all animals, if God chooses to restore them, that have existed will be in Heaven. It's not for us to know whether God will save them, nor how He will do it, and/or whether or not there is a judgement for them. Otherwise, I believe He would have written it in His word, unless His statement that He will "make all things new" in Revelation 21, is the indicator that they will not be there, but that new animals will.

Updated my post above, (making this notification just in case anyone's in the process of commenting now and hasn't seen it yet). ^

hi Jessie-Jess

Im a huge believer in God giving back the precious relationships that are harmless (or can become harmless).

I think of Christmas morning and the delight in the Parent's eyes.

God is even beyond that in rejoicing over us and for eternity He delights and astound us every moment all showing love on us

I believe all creation of the garden of pleasure .... and ....and all animals ever born or hatched (or whatever) on Earth) as the Bible Says ...for the earth is of the LOrd's!

If not..it wont take one aota from God's Love...

For ALL of us!

... o sure im putting my imagination and fantasy that warms my heart into my understanding.

I comes from a mentioned here past.

My parents were extremely  abusive for years  (authorities were called in) and .blah blah

But what i never talk about... my parents abuse of all our pets.

I grew up in the country with acres separating our neighbors .in the 70's

And they heard the the abuse of us children.

But the animal rescue were not called. We were just kids.

..so yes! I believe this Powerful loving God will make it up to us.

And all the maimed tortured neglected abandoned eaten animals is on that Promise I know...

Cause God's love is like that.

And more.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

That would be me :)

i will read your reformed post with delight!

:)

love this topic

Romeo and Juliet

• Administrators

Jessie, if it is true that it is not possible for our minds to conceive what God has in store for us we can be hopeful. There are many times when animals exhibit Godlike qualities that glorify Him better than we mortals do. Wait and see!

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I agree with Ron and Gay, I don't see any reason why God should not want to give us our pets back, if this is something that would bring happiness to us... Sure, the Bible is silent on the topic, but nothing is impossible for God, right?

I'm convinced that the love of God exceeds our wildest expectations, so resurrecting our pets is the least of the things I expect him to do for us...

As for Pam's original question... Yes, animals might be corrupted compared to the way God created them, but this is also the case for humanity. We're certainly not as pure, spiritually and physically, as we were when God created us. So the entire creation will have to be recreated. This is a deep question, but some lifeforms might be so corrupted from their original form, that in a way they will cease to exist. They will be brought back to their original form, which will be very different to their current state. My guess is that this is the "gist" of what Ellen White was saying. For instance, we have to admit that some lifeforms represents the works of an evil mastermind. Just google "horrifying parasites", and you'll understand what I refer to...

Ron, about that Ellen White statement you referred to... It's quite usual to argue that Ellen White meant to say "amalgamation of man and of beast"; that this is just an example of an unfortunate wording that has been used to make Ellen White say something different than what she meant...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Ellen, the existence of unexpressed alternate characteristics in genomes does necessarily prove conclusively that evolution is impossible. As I pointed out earlier, Natural Selection--which all evolutionists regard as the driving force in evolution--cannot operate to produce alternate characteristics that are not expressed. All variations in species are the result of alternate characteristics that already existed in the genome being switched on. This will be conclusively proven when gene mapping advances to the degree that we can identify the collie already existing in the wolf. But the thousands of years of successful animal and plant breeding suggests that this thesis is true.

And Ellen, do you feel it would be proper to cross a cat with a dog, or a human with an ape? That is supposed to be impossible, but genetic engineering techniques, which include genetic surgery, have successfully combined genetic traits from one species (such as the ability to produce light in lightning bugs) with another (such as with tobacco plants). Thus tobacco plants that glow faintly in the dark have been created. Is this proper? Or would God prefer that such crosses not be perpetuated?

It is worth noting that yeast have been modified with the human gene that produces human insulin--and this is what enables Type I diabetics to live. Diabetics used to rely on sheep insulin, but it is not exactly the same as human insulin, and diabetics would become immune to it and become no longer able to utilize it. The yeast-made human insulin has been used for 30 years. Millions of people would die without it. So is such genetic modification always bad?