ClubAdventist is back!

Queer to Say Sorry to Christians

GayatfootofCross

I share my testimony in these threads to illustrate many points.

A Message got thru to a Christian Organization.

:)

I will never stop sharing my story and speaking for my Beloved TRIBE!

God is so good to me.

Pray that I will be just as Good to others!

@The Wanderer

@Kevin(wrx)

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

PG13 LINK

I Hugged a Man in His Underwear. And I am Proud.

I hugged a man in his underwear. I think Jesus would have too.

I spent the day at Chicago’s Pride Parade. Some friends and I, with The Marin Foundation, wore shirts with “I’m Sorry” written on it. We had signs that said, “I’m sorry that Christians judge you,” “I’m sorry the way churches have treated you,” “I used to be a bible-banging homophobe, sorry.” We wanted to be an alternative Christian voice from the protestors that were there speaking hate into megaphones.

What I loved most about the day is when people “got it.” I loved watching people’s faces as they saw our shirts, read the signs, and looked back at us. Responses were incredible. Some people blew us kisses, some hugged us, some screamed thank you. A couple ladies walked up and said we were the best thing they had seen all day. I wish I had counted how many people hugged me. One guy in particular softly said, “Well, I forgive you.”

Watching people recognize our apology brought me to tears many times. It was reconciliation personified.

My favorite though was a gentleman who was dancing on a float. He was dressed solely in white underwear and had a pack of abs like no one else. As he was dancing on the float, he noticed us and jokingly yelled, “What are you sorry for? It’s pride!” I pointed to our signs and watched him read them.

Then it clicked.

Then he got it.

He stopped dancing. He looked at all of us standing there. A look of utter seriousness came across his face. And as the float passed us he jumped off of it and ran towards us. In all his sweaty beautiful abs of steal, he hugged me and whispered, “thank you.”

Before I had even let go, another guy ran up to me, kissed me on the cheek, and gave me the biggest bear hug ever. I almost had the wind knocked out of me; it was one of those hugs.

This is why I do what I do. This is why I will continue to do what I do. Reconciliation was personified.

I think a lot of people would stop at the whole “man in his underwear dancing” part. That seems to be the most controversial. It’s what makes the evening news. It’s the stereotype most people have in their minds about Pride.

Sadly, most Christians want to run from such a sight rather than engage it. Most Christian won't even learn if that person dancing in his underwear has a name. Well, he does. His name is Tristan.

However, I think Jesus would have hugged him too. It’s exactly what I read throughout scripture: Jesus hanging out with people that religious people would flee from. Correlation between then and now? I think so.

Acceptance is one thing. Reconciliation is another. Sure at Pride, everyone is accepted (except perhaps the protestors). There are churches that say they accept all. There are business that say the accept everyone. But acceptance isn’t enough. Reconciliation is.

But there isn’t always reconciliation. And when there isn’t reconciliation, there isn’t full acceptance. Reconciliation is more painful; it’s more difficult. Reconciliation forces one to remember the wrongs committed and relive constant pain. Yet it’s more powerful and transformational because two parties that should not be together and have every right to hate one another come together for the good of one another, for forgiveness, reconciliation, unity.

What I saw and experienced at Pride 2010 was the beginning of reconciliation. It was in the shocked faces of gay men and women who did not ever think Christians would apologize to them.

What I saw and experienced at Pride 2010 was the personification of reconciliation. It was in the hugs and kisses I received, in the “thank you’s” and waves, in the smiles and kisses blown.

I hugged a man in his underwear. I hugged him tightly. And I am proud.

sorry.jpg

A GOD of Reconciliation is behind this!

In heaven we will truly know the Fruit that was wrought

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I believe the Gay Community is not innocent in all this. It has gotten bad.

I have upset people myself. I am sorry

We can only pray that maybe as an illustration of the Beloved QUEERS recognizing their part in the great cultural division...

Drag Queens and Transsexuals and Intersex and Men and Women of same sex attraction etc. would show up at a Major Christian Event with signs saying

"We are Sorry Too!"

(maybe a Christian will hug one of us too)

baby steps on both sides goes along ways and GOD can take the few loafs and fishes and Multiply the Fruit of Forgiveness on both sides!

This thread is about reconciliation..please share!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

Good Friday is not about us trying to "get right with God." It is about us entering the difference between God and humanity and just touching it for a moment. Touching the shimmering sadness of humanity's insistence that we can be our own gods, that we can be pure and all-powerful. -- Nadia Bolz-Weber

Sojourners prayer of the day:
Forgive us, crucified Christ, for in our desire for control, we lash out without regard for others. And yet, despite all of our violence, you chose mercy. Teach us, we pray, the way of your self-emptying love.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

On December 1, 2009, to commemorate World AIDS Day, Twitter announced a promotion: if users employed the hashtag #red, their tweets would appear highlighted in red. Megan Phelps-Roper, a twenty-three-year-old legal assistant, seized the opportunity. “Thank God for AIDS!” she tweeted that morning. “You won’t repent of your rebellion that brought His wrath on you in this incurable scourge, so expect more & worse! #red.”

It was easy for Phelps-Roper to write things on Twitter that made other people cringe. She had been taught the church’s vision of God’s truth since birth. Her grandfather Fred Phelps established the church, in 1955. Megan’s mother was the fifth of Phelps’s thirteen children. Megan’s father, Brent Roper, had joined the church as a teen-ager. Every Sunday, Megan and her ten siblings sat in Westboro’s small wood-panelled church as her grandfather delivered the sermon. Fred Phelps preached a harsh Calvinist doctrine in a resounding Southern drawl. He believed that all people were born depraved, and that only a tiny elect who repented would be saved from Hell. A literalist, Phelps believed that contemporary Christianity, with its emphasis on God’s love, preached a perverted version of the Bible. Phelps denounced other Christians so vehemently that when Phelps-Roper was young she thought “Christian” was another word for evil. Phelps believed that God hated unrepentant sinners. God hated the politicians who were allowing the United States to descend into a modern-day Sodom and Gomorrah. He hated the celebrities who glorified fornication.

This is a Story of Megan Phelps-Roper who much later slowly started questioning her church's Beliefs. As told in The New Yorker http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2015/11/23/conversion-via-twitter-westboro-baptist-church-megan-phelps-roper

I read with great interest where did and how this turn about happen?

Then unexpectedly came across this at the bottom of the very long detailed story.

GOD's Grace stepped in

Directly across the street (from the Westboro Baptist Church) stood a house painted in bright, horizontal rainbow stripes. The house had been bought, in 2012, by Planting Peace, a nonprofit group whose mission, according to its Web site, is “spreading peace in a hurting world.” The Equality House, as it’s known, is home to a group of young L.G.B.T. activists. Planting Peace has worked with former Westboro members to spread its message of tolerance. Megan first visited the house in 2013, after her cousin Libby encouraged her to visit. She sneaked in the back door, for fear of being spotted by her family.

Fred Phelps died in March, 2014, at the age of eighty-four. Former members of the church told me that Fred had had a softening of heart at the end of his life and had been excommunicated. (The church denies these claims.) Zach Phelps-Roper, Megan’s younger brother, who left the church later that year, said that one of the precipitating events in Fred’s exclusion had been expressing kindness toward the Equality House. At a church meeting, Zach recalls, members discussed the episode: “He stepped out the front door of the church and looked at the Rainbow House, the Planting Peace organization, and looked over and said, ‘You’re good people.’ ” 

Romeo and Juliet

Part 1

This is going to be a very painful post to write for too many reasons... In a different thread it was expressed that AIDS is divine retribution of God.

Page 12 ..20th Post ..very representative of many christian mindsets but cause of political correctness  has been dialed down but deeply felt still in the heart of hearts

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

It was only more than a month ago I had to take my partner to ER. He was dying.We both got ill and thought it was the flu. Body aches and loss of appetite. And constant coughing that wouldn't let us sleep. We were gonna ride it out like any temp/ illness.As my symptoms leveled out.. His increased. He became incontinent and dehydrated. I told him "we gotta go to the hospital!".  He said no cause at that point his insurance was denying him his life saving meds cause of a computer  glitch? human fail? we still don't know. It's always something.

Sunday night his body stated shaking uncontrollably and he had an anxiety attack (never had one). He hasn't slept cause of the coughing and now retching of the back with every cough. I told him we are going to the ER like we own the place and present your card  hoping they don't know of the recent glitch regarding his meds. We are having car issues and i called an elderly couple from church to please take us to the hospital. They have been keeping in touch knowing we are sick all week.

We live in the forest at the snowline. And they are 15 minutes down the hill. The Hospital is in the County Seat a half hour down the twisty turny  mountain.
We got him a wheelchair in the parking lot and reeled him in.I, as his partner had to speak for him and sign papers. Praise God I was are recognized in that regard. He couldn't speak by this point.

He was healthy as a horse one minute and then sick like me.. then instantly  at deaths door.

He has been HIV Positive (POZ) for over 28 years. We have been together 27 years this June.

In San Francisco there is a Gay news paper called The BAR (Bay Area Reporter). They have an obituary section at the back of the pages. In the early 80's a quarter page or so ..or more of Gay Locals announcements of death. By the mid 80's..page after page after newspaper long page of deaths. In the late 80's it practically became a Whole New Section of The BAR.

I saw friends dying or  hearing of friends dropping like flies. The Gay Church in SF  was a revolving door in funeral services.  One of my partner's best friends killed himself when he was diagnosed. Just before that he watched and cared for his lover and watched him die a very painful wasting death. Any bug could take you out. It became the end  of the world.

Partners were not legally recognized in Hospitals and Families of the terminally ill  would come to take over the reigns and sometimes shut out the boyfriends out of whole process and even refuse visitation (one of the reasons why QUEERS have fought so hard for their relationships to be recognized). Such pain. Reduced to second hand citizen and kicked to the curb by parents who hated their child's homosexuality and everything that went along with that....including friend and monogamous relationships.
The Churches in the Pulpits and the MEDIA were denouncing us saying it is GOD's Wrath. Scriptures to back them up. Many gays had no where to turn. Not family and Not church.

I heard the same rebuke and theology from my own home church also.

Romeo and Juliet

• Moderators

I am sorry for your loss, which is very real.

I suspect that you have a view of God that brings you some comfort, while not denying your pain.

I trust that you have friends who can give you some support.

Gregory

5 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I am sorry for your loss, which is very real.

I suspect that you have a view of God that brings you some comfort, while not denying your pain.

I trust that you have friends who can give you some support.

Iam typing this out in myown software and still still sharing.. He is alive!

looking back at my post ..it looks grim

hold up..im still typing

Sorry for the miscommunication

I screwed up

im trying to do this with somany emotions

Romeo and Juliet

Gay

I know often, and it is too bad more heterosexual relationships were like this, that people in your situation it is more than a partner, it is your best friend, a double whammy.

I feel your pain and am praying and cheering for you.

Even so, Come LORD JESUS come..

• Like 2

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

I must have sound so sullen

he is better..i want to continue my post

I was reliving it as i typed

Romeo and Juliet

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Gay

I know often, and it is too bad more heterosexual relationships were like this, that people in your situation it is more than a partner, it is your best friend, a double whammy.

I feel your pain and am praying and cheering for you.

Even so, Come LORD JESUS come..

ummm maybe someone can edit my sad post at the end saying my Partner is alive and then delete the beautiful outpouring?

im so embarrased

Romeo and Juliet

I did not view that as he passed, only that he was ill.

My cousin outlived 3 partners to AIDS, it finally took him. BUT what a fight he put up.  He went into a hospice (again) and the nurse told me he thought he died 10 years earlier, as he was in there deathly sick and when she came back on after the weekend he was gone.  Turns out he bounced out and was given another 10 years, he surrendered his life to Christ before he passed, and passed with both assurance and dignity.

• Like 4

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Part 2

How do you share JESUS with someone God just denounced and punished. How do you love on and serve an Abomination?  How do you respect and give dignity to someones who's own personal choices are against GOD and Nature itself? How can a Christian look upon someone they think are some how spiritually inferior?

My buddy  turned to GOD when God dragged me out of that world.  His testimony he has given to many people at  church is quite fantastic! The narrative is outlandish on my end as well as his. I may share another day.
But when talking to church people we had to leave out a big part of it.  We knew he couldn't share is POZ status.  I .. in the past told my Church Mother of Israel the truth and she warned me not to tell anyone at church. Well.. we already knew that. We heard what everyone seemed to be saying. I personally never heard otherwise when that topic came up all these years later.

They stuffed him with antibiotics for 10 days and  nutrient bags then fed fats thru the IV and every 6 hours lung treatment. He was kept in a negative pressure room cause they thought he had TB at first. His T cell count was down 188 and a healthy person is up towards 1000... Of course Everyone on the Floor knew he was POZ. and Giving me looks as I walked in everyday to see him. Overall people were very respectful and kind to him and me. I was there everyday .. all day soothing him and rubbing his back or feet or hands just so he can focus on a tiny level of comfort. He was so miserable... the incontinence the retching of the back with the coughing was now making his abdomen painful. His body and limbs kept shaking unconrollably. He couldn't focus on anything. He couldn't keep food down.
He was not accepting anyone visiting him.

When i get home i was fielding calls from church and gay friends and his family and my family and would cry out to GOD. I was scared to death.

The elderly couple who took me to see him everyday were so gracious and kind in all this. All my love for them cannot be expressed. They also had to help me run errands and go to the pharmacy to straighten out the gobbly gook of his medication more than three times. Another church lady who knew me since i was 12 in our Home church (but now 20 minutes away in the mountains) kept saying something else is wrong! Couldn't believe a healthy wood cutting self proclaimed lumberjack (of sorts) and jack of trades  could go down the hill so fast. She was unto something about his health knowing a bit of his past living in San Francisco .

I later talked to my Partner about all the help we got from both couples in all this and inquiries of his health and we decided to tell the two couples swearing them to secrecy his Just Punishment from a wrathful GOD. We didn't know how they would take it. The Churched elderly couple believes Same sex Relationships can be holy and have never given us judgement ..  were told.  They have been helping me get the medications squared away but i was being vague. The other lady who has known me since i was 12 and literally jumped for joy when she saw me and my buddy walk into this mountain church years ago. We decided we will tell her too. We are extremely involved in both older couples lives and them into us as well. She told me not to tell her husband. She will keep our secret.

These very people have been conduits of healing.

It is sad that we have to navigate our Body of Christ like this but I never heard the Church backtrack or apologize for this theology being done to my beloved community. In the past when i was in the closet..  I heard every word that was said by my Family of God. The OP on this thread is like sunshining thru the opening in a dark cloud for us.

Romeo and Juliet

They released him three weeks ago with oxygen tanks. Many pills and a lil plastic contraption i call his "toy". He has to breath in air  to make the lil ball float to increase his strength and lung capacity. He had an allergic reaction to one of the meds and once again we went to ER.  But he is doing so much better now.  This experience has drawn us closer together. Our church has been so wonderful with calls and cards. We are feeling so loved. This Sabbath we are hosting a grand party after church for many of them. Hay Stacks with plenty of vegan choices!

We are so grateful! Our Cup runneth over!

God has been a very present comfort. Even in fear of what might happen .. I have put my trust in Him a long time ago.
 I know HE blesses us and our relationship. HE knows what goes on and what not goes on in our Home.

Deuteronomy 31:6Expanded Bible (EXB)

Be strong and ·brave [courageous; Josh. 1:6–9]. Don’t be afraid of them and don’t be frightened, because the Lord your God will go with you. He will not ·leave [fail] you or ·forget [abandon; forsake] you.”

BTW the most  painful part in all of this as we Children of GOD (who went thru a Health Crisis together) is we can not  be what we can be to each other as GOD Designs!

I believe the Closer we get to JESUS coming the closer we will press together!

:grouphug:

Romeo and Juliet

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I did not view that as he passed, only that he was ill.

My cousin outlived 3 partners to AIDS, it finally took him. BUT what i fight he put up.  He went into a hospice (again) and the nurse told me he thought he died 10 years earlier, as he was in there deathly sick and when she came back on after the weekend he was gone.  Turns out he bounced out and was given another 10 years, he surrendered his life to Christ before he passed, and passed with both assurance and dignity.

I with great JOY and sadness read this. Stan :(

God is so into us its a scandal!

Romeo and Juliet

• Administrators

I had a nice, uplifting post all ready that disappeared when I realized I was not signed in. :( 

Wow- you really put yourself out there when telling of this recent experience! Thank you for your trust in us :grouphug:

I remember reading somewhere in SOP that even with people who had not accepted Jesus that we should treat them well, as this world is the best they will ever get. I am not saying that is you at all, but that we as SDA have not excuse to treat another soul badly. I don't know how I would ever look that up...

I realise it would be cruel for you two to break up the friendship you have now, especially when it involves life and death as it did a month ago. Jesus will keep changing things for the better. In heaven there will be no gender issues. That we will instead be like the angels might be harder for we marrieds to swallow. But I trust that whatever Jesus has for us will be better than anything we know here.

• Like 3

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

pals.GIF

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

Gay,

I so totally admire the way you put yourself out there.  You are the most "true-faced" person on this forum.  I wish I had your courage , faith, and trust to talk about my issues and challenges like you do.  GBU!   ;)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

Gay,

I so totally admire the way you put yourself out there.  You are the most "true-faced" person on this forum.  I wish I had your courage , faith, and trust to talk about my issues and challenges like you do.  GBU!   ;)

It is something I haven't shared  for decades .. but some one spoke in another thread that was so painful.

Very painful to my people.

On so many levels!

..I have been quiet about this for so long whenever it comes up.

Romeo and Juliet

• Administrators

Blessings on you and your partner...  

So little we understand.  But still we stand under the cross.  Together.  As one in Christ.

• Like 2

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

1 hour ago, Kevin(wrx) said:

Maybe to get us to reconcile, Wanderer?

I've thought of posting in this thread but it's an unfavorable dilemma. 

If I did have to respond I'd say this thread is promoting the lifestyle in question. Maybe some people are not in a position to apologize for others? Can't think of a great analogy now though.

We serve a God of reconciliation.

We do  not have to agree on theology or personal choices of how to live own lives.. to be reconciled.

We as Christians have an advantage to have Jesus as our foundation.

A God of Reconciliation!

Romeo and Juliet

Reconciliation on both sides!

I can't find any other stories reflecting Gays reaching out to Christians.

perhaps it will happen more more...or get more news time!

However There are more stories of the Church saying sorry to gays.

I will post more in the future.

its hard to beat the OP!

Romeo and Juliet