ClubAdventist is back!

Please stop creating new threads about gays

Stan

Amen, amen, and again - AMEN!!!

I would further suggest that people here quit responding to existing threads about gays.

• Like 2

Thank heavens you spoke up about this glaring problem. 

Gayguy' riding his agenda on his one-trick-pony has gone on way far too long.

I had prayed for this place to come back to more harmony in christian-adventist dialogue and depart from all this fanfare for the support of a topic whose fundament is based on sin.

Let's please follow JoeMo's advice and not respond to the existing threads on the homo topics.

(feeling relief in being able to express what has been pent up in me.) gaah.gif

On 4/5/2016 at 11:08 AM, Stan said:

They are non ending no resolve and destroying the community feel

I am glad you stepped in and said something.

As we all noticed the comments were getting a lil meaner and who knows how bad if could have gotten.

The Body of Christ is connected to each other.

We are connected!

Nothing should sever the ties that has been forming here.

Perhaps ....with a better Spirit by all.

:)

meanwhile..

How about those Dolphins.. huh?

• Like 2

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

I agree with your post Stan, but yet I am puzzled by words  of posts agreeing with you while getting in another dig at the person and subject.

I guess it all depends on each persons perspective on the subject.

• Like 3

One of the ways that old testament scenarios developed unhealthy mentalities about negative reality was by carrying signs and calling out "Unclean! Unclean!", wherever they moved. I'm suggesting the avatar we provide accomplishes the same affect.

I ran into a story this morning that made me realize that under the most severe negative circumstances, the goodness of those highly motivated, will highly assuage the same.

• Like 2

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Pretty sure a lot of people are projecting their own motivations onto Stan, and that, knowing him as well as I do, those things are not what he was saying. Arguments are futile when people don't care to learn.

Truth is important

• Moderators

As ever, I'm fully aware that 3 fingers are pointing back at me. 

Truth is important

• 2 months later...

I'll support the motion not to start a new homo topic thread.

Tacking on to a topic already up and running may have positive intent for clarifying said topic.

As for me..... I'd rather talk about cats catslaughing.gif

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
On 4/5/2016 at 8:08 AM, Stan said:

They are non ending no resolve and destroying the community feel

How much monies does it take to keep a forum like this running freely? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

I am not certain as to the exact meaning of Stan's request to stop posting threads about gays.

I think that he focused on the personal posts that focused on individuals and their relation to God and the SDA denomination.

I do not think that he meant we should not post information as to how  this issue is being addressed by the denomination and our congregations today. 

If I am wrong I can be corrected.

Gregory

• Members

Not sure Stan had the new thread, "The Bible and Homosexuality," in mind! I thought watching the video, that it was very informative?? Personally I believe he had the "gay bashing" in mind?? If he had that really in mind, than why even have this "Homosexuality and Gender Issues" threads.? I'm not speaking for him or anything like that, I think I'll let him speak for himself and if I'm wrong I apologize for putting my thoughts into his mind!! :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• 3 months later...

Stan: I was going to comment on transgender. The Bible is clear about homosexual and oral sex I notice no one mentions the second one these days in the church. If I may, when I was a young girl in the church. A twin who was grown was about to marry. She was beautiful, but she begin to change. Her face got real big and she started growing a beard. Eventually she ended up in the hospital at Yale New Haven CT, where they stated she was suppose to be a boy at birth. Somehow the women hormones over powered the male and she became a woman. As she became older her male hormones took over and she was turning to a male. The doctor asked her what did she wanted to be, she she wanted to stay a woman. The doctor said because her male hormones had reclaim her body she could never have children but she remain a woman. She never marry her first fiancee; but she did get married and adopted children. She died in her early 50 because of the problem that is why I do not classify transgenders with homosexuals. Now, I do know that some homosexual have sex changes that is wrong. But there are many people out there who have the same problem as this sister who was in the SDA Church. This happen back in the 60's! How do you feel about this and those who are born with both sex organs. There is a name but I don't want to offend anyone! I knew a person like that also and she died while in her forties, there a story I could tell you about her as well. It is sad and sin does bring all kind of genetic diseases too!  What's your take on it?

Happy Sabbath and be bless! 

• Members
19 hours ago, stinsonmarri said:

those who are born with both sex organs. There is a name but I don't want to offend anyone!

the term isn't offensive... it is "hermaphroditism," but the term isn't generally used in the medical world anymore.  The condition is now usually just referred to as "disorders of sex development."   When I worked in the OHSU Urology Dept, there were a number of patients with that condition.  If the individual was a child under 10 y/o, the parents made the decision on which sex organs the person retained.  Older children and adults, of course, made the choice themselves.

(this really isn't the right forum for this)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?