ClubAdventist is back!

"The most important undertaking" – Hillary Clinton on Religious Liberty

Stan

"From my perspective, religious liberty is one of the most important issues on the world’s agenda today. It’s our responsibility to think of ways each of us can further religious liberty and freedom. It’s up to each of us, in the roles that we individually play, to ensure that our nation, which has been the exemplar of religious freedom and tolerance amongst a diverse population, continues to be so." - Hillary Clinton, April 7, 2005 - Seventh-day Adventist Annual Religious Liberty Dinner

The post "The most important undertaking" – Hillary Clinton on Religious Liberty appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV - Celebrating Liberty of Conscience.

View the full article

• Like 2

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

I read that article earlier today. I knew a few people that were members of the Pearl River Church! Probably not at the time thatSenator HC spoke there.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

California federal judge Christina A. Snyder (Legal Newsline)

GetFile.aspx?guid=83312e0a-ac71-44f8-a79 By Michael Reagan
Tuesday, 19 Apr 2016 01:07 PM More Posts by Michael Reagan

For those of you still on the fence, the most compelling proof of the truth and effectiveness of Christianity are the atheist’s continual attempts to completely scrub all mention of Christ and his church from the public square.

The latest to make the news is a lawsuit filed in federal court that contends the mere presence of a cross atop a depiction of the San Gabriel Mission on the seal of the city of Los Angeles is an unconstitutional state establishment of religion.

Unfortunately the dispute landed on the docket of a judge who is either gullible, ignorant, or simply not very smart.

District Judge Christina Snyder ruled that small, white cross on the city’s seal “places the county's power, prestige and purse behind a single religion, Christianity.”

If that’s not power, I don’t know what is.

The editorial board of the Los Angeles Times and I rarely see eye to eye, but this is one of those times. The Times called the decision, “ . . . the wrong decision for the wrong reason.”

6"Lift up your eyes to the sky, Then look to the earth beneath; For the sky will vanish like smoke, And the earth will wear out like a garment And its inhabitants will die in like manner; But My salvation will be forever, And My righteousness will not wane. 7"Listen to Me, you who know righteousness, A people in whose heart is My law; Do not fear the reproach of man, Nor be dismayed at their revilings. 8"For the moth will eat them like a garment, And the grub will eat them like wool. But My righteousness will be forever, And My salvation to all generations."…

Isaiah 51

God is Love!~Jesus saves!   :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Moderators

Life said:

District Judge Christina Snyder ruled that small, white cross on the city’s seal “places the county's power, prestige and purse behind a single religion, Christianity.”

If that’s not power, I don’t know what is.

Life, would your position be if:

1)  The symbol placed on the city seal was a  Dharma Wheel?

2) The symbol placed on the city seal was a Pentagram?

3)  The symbol placed on the city seal was an  Ankh?

4) The symbol placed on the city seal was an  Amenta?

5) The symbol placed on the city seal was a  Triquetra?

6) The symbol placed on the city seal was a Triskele?

7)  The symbol placed on the city seal was a  Labrys?
8) The symbol placed on the city seal was a  Lotus Flower?

9) The symbol placed on the city seal was an  Om?

10) The symbol placed on the city seal was a  Swastika?

11) The symbol placed on the city seal was a  Sri Yantra?

All of the above are valid religious symbols and they may have other non-religious meanings.  E.G. the Swastika.

Gregory

Just to show how ridiculous things are getting, the City of Los Angeles was ordered to take a simple cross off of their city seal.  They replaced it with a picture of the historic San Gabriel Mission, minus the cross on the top of the mission.  The reason given for leaving the cross off the mission was that the cross had been destroyed by an earthquake; so it wouldn't be accurate to show the cross on the mission.  While the cross is considered a universal Christian symbol in the West, the cross has been a symbol since long before Jesus died on it.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-la-county-seal-cross-20160407-story.html

In the first amendment, isn't there both an establishment clause and a prohibition clause?

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; ..."

Isn't this ruling  just another example of the government prohibiting even the slightest hint of Christianity?  What about the fish?  Isn't that also a Christian symbol? Take it off!  What about the cow?  Isn't it a Hindu deity?  Take it off!

Religious liberty is becoming "religious liberty for anybody but Christians"; just like "tolerant" people tolerate everyone and everything except Christians and right-wing politicians.  Take for example, the Supreme Court's ruling on gay marriages and mandatory provision of birth control; and the subsequent court actions against Christian  businesses who, by following their faith, resist those edicts that prohibit them from following the tenets of their faith.  But on the other hand, the gov't prosecutes companies who would dare to make a Muslim drive a beer truck or who will not accommodate Muslims that want to temporarily shut down a plant 5 times a day so they can pray together.

So....what is your solution JoeMo?

Some issues have been brought forth, so maybe people could bring solutions to this discussion. Should be interesting!