ClubAdventist is back!

Prince

• Administrators

Prince, or "The Artist Formerly Known as Prince," or whatever you favourite name for him was, has died.

Death of Prince

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

I heard that a flight he was on was rerouted due to his being sick. He was 57

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

very upsetting!

I hope we will see him in heaven with the Real Prince!

• Like 3

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

• Moderators

Prince was raised as a Seventh-day Adventist.

At a later time, he converted to the Jehovah's Witness faith.  This is probably due to his life-long interest in obtaining a deeper understanding of the Biblical teachings.

With this conversion he became an active member, although not a full member, and this distinction is important.  This conversion brought about a change in life.  He participated in the door-to-door ministry that JWs are expected to perform.  Also,  in his public witness he proclaimed a rejection of the life-style that his music had once advocated.  He made his religious faith and commitment a part of his public witness.  He publicly stated that he was practicing a celibate life.

In some respect, his religious faith as a JW maintained some of the aspects of the SDA faith.  Although, he was probably more a JW than a SDA in his later years.

Prince was indeed a complex person.  This complexity included his religious beliefs and practices.

In any case, an evaluation of his relationship with God is beyond what we have been given the authority to do.  That rests solely with God at this point in time.  *

* Edited by Gail

• Like 3

Gregory

• Moderators

FYI,  The following are the various levels of relationship within the JW denomination:

Student:  Simply one who is taking Bible studies from the JWs.

Associate:  This person is expected to have a basic understanding of JW doctrine and is expected to attend JW services on a somewhat regular basis.  As such they have been accepted by the congregation as an Associate. But, they are not subject to JW discipline and they may have some disagreement with JW Doctrine.  They will not have been baptized.

Publisher:  These people have agreed to participate with the  congregation in formal witness and attempts to convert others to the JWs.  Some may be allowed to be a Publisher who have not been baptized.  They will be Associates.  Others will have been baptized.

Pioneer:  These are baptized members who have more formal requirements for ministry in the congregation.

Missionary: These are baptized members who are more involved in establishing converts and congregations outside of the local congregation.

Based solely upon my reading of the reports of Prince's involvement with the JWs, I think that he was probably an un-baptized Publisher.

Gregory

Whatever his beliefs and his practices, Prince was indeed a "prince" in the music world.  His music influenced many of today's great pop artists - Beyoncé, the Bangles, Bruno Mars, and Cindi Loeper - to name a few.

• Administrators

Yes, he was well-respected. I have not seen much or listened to much of his music but saw him on a "super group" video (You know, with Eric Clapton, George Harrison and I think Jeff Lynne and others). I was impressed at his guitar skill.

25 minutes ago, Kevin H said:

I was glad to hear about how he was reaching out to God. Sad about his death.

"... Wherever a soul reaches out after God, there the Spirit's working is manifest, and God will reveal Himself to that soul. For such worshipers He is seeking. He waits to receive them, and to make them His sons and daughters." Desire of Ages 189

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

18 hours ago, GayatfootofCross said:

I hope we will see him

I believe we will.

• Like 1

2 Samuel 24:1-- The LORD moved David to number Israel.

1 Chronicles 21:1-- SATAN moved David to number Israel.

They say he has so much unpublished music in the vault that they could release a new album of all new works from him every year for the next one hundred years.

• Like 1

2 Samuel 24:1-- The LORD moved David to number Israel.

1 Chronicles 21:1-- SATAN moved David to number Israel.

I was shocked and stunned when I heard. He was a musical genius and discovered lots of great talent. I'm sure he will be missed in the music field, I know I'll miss him.

• Like 1

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

Prince Treated for Drug Overdose

Multiple sources in Moline tell us, Prince was rushed to a hospital and doctors gave him a "save shot" ... typically administered to counteract the effects of an opiate.

Our sources further say doctors advised Prince to stay in the hospital for 24 hours. His people demanded a private room, and when they were told that wasn't possible ... Prince and co. decided to bail. The singer was released 3 hours after arriving and flew home. 

We're told when Prince left he "was not doing well."

Seems that having a private room may not have been so important.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

It is easy to take too many pills when not totally  lucid.

:(

Romeo and Juliet

pixel?mid=00bb70a80ee8f020d9011cbcef307f

Romeo and Juliet

8 hours ago, Merrietta Skold said:

Prince was a Talented, Complex, Valuable person, Loved by God and will be missed

He might have been talented, but his music has zero appeal to me. Perhaps I am from Mars, but I would not give a dime for this type of music.

On 2016-04-22 at 4:52 PM, Gregory Matthews said:

Based solely upon my reading of the reports of Prince's involvement with the JWs, I think that he was probably an un-baptized Publisher.

According to the following site he was an "active adherent", not a "full-fledged publisher".

http://www.adherents.com/people/pp/Prince.html

In addition it seems as if Prince's connection to the Adventist Church perhaps is a bit exaggerated in the media. Quote: "He was brought up in several denominations -- Seventh Day Adventist and Baptist among them." It sounds as if his parents had attended many different churches, the adventist church is just one among many others. I'm not sure if it's right to call him a former adventist, even if many websites seem to.

Perhaps some of you have more information about his connection to the Adventist Church?

• Moderators

Unchained, I had previously read your URL.  I believe that it supports my position.  Thank you for posting it.  It is a good one.

1) The phrase "active adherent" is not a formal classification that is accepted by JWs.  Rather it is an informal term that JWs may use in talking to people who are not JW.

2)  In formal classification, a JW Associate is one who has met additional standards beyond that of a Student, but who is still in a mode of learning and being taught.  Therefore, they do not have the requirements placed upon them that are placed upon a baptized member.  In addition they are allowed to differ on doctrinal points beyond what is allowed by a baptized member.

3) In JW classification, a Publisher may either be a baptized member or an Associate who is not a baptized member.   The full-fledged, as you described it, would be a baptized Publisher.

I may be wrong.  But, based upon what I have read, Prince was not a baptized member.  Rather, he was an Associate

Gregory

• Moderators

Unchained, here is what your URL says about the relationship of Prince to the SDA Church:

In 2001, Prince joined the Jehovah’s Witnesses, but was raised a Seventh-day Adventist, often attending with his grandmother at Glendale Church, a historically African American congregation on Glenwood Avenue in Minneapolis. “Both of his parents believed in the strict faith as did Bernadette Anderson, who took him in after he left home.”

Gregory

:o

Romeo and Juliet

• Moderators

We, who post in this section of CA are being asked not to attack people who cannot defend themselves.

• Like 2

Gregory