ClubAdventist is back!

Are the three Angels' Messages Dead or Alive?

hch

Rev 14:6  And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7  Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Rev 14:8  And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Rev 14:9  And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10  The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11  And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

If they are dead, they are irrelevant today. If they are alive, they must be relevant.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

4 hours ago, hch said:

Rev 14:6  And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,
Rev 14:7  Saying with a loud voice, Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters.

Rev 14:8  And there followed another angel, saying, Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.

Rev 14:9  And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,
Rev 14:10  The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
Rev 14:11  And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

If they are dead, they are irrelevant today. If they are alive, they must be relevant.

Watch 3ABN and decide. Read also the testimony of those who are led to Christ as a result of the 3ABN ministry!

5 hours ago, hch said:

Rev 14:6-11 ....If they are dead, they are irrelevant today. If they are alive, they must be relevant.

The work which the church has failed to do in a time of peace and prosperity she will have to do in a terrible crisis under most discouraging, forbidding circumstances. The warnings that worldly conformity has silenced or withheld must be given under the fiercest opposition from enemies of the faith. And at that time the superficial, conservative class, whose influence has steadily retarded the progress of the work, will renounce the faith and take their stand with its avowed enemies, toward whom their sympathies have long been tending. These apostates will then manifest the most bitter enmity, doing all in their power to oppress and malign their former brethren and to excite indignation against them. This day is just before us. [TESTIMONIES FOR THE CHURCH, VOL. 5, PAGE 463]

What is the work of the church?  Is it not to present the three angel's message?

6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; 7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.”

The first message is to preach the "everlasting gospel" to the human race.  This message places the glory of men in the dust and gives God the glory.

And another angel, a second one, followed, saying, “Fallen, fallen is Babylon the great, she who has made all the nations drink of the wine of the passion of her immorality.”

The second part of this message is a warning that spiritual Babylon has fallen (apostatized) and now she has "made all the nations" accept her immorality.  Babylon, or apostate Christianity, does this through international legislation.

9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God....

The third message is a warning that if the believers give glory to "the beast and his image" instead of Christ, they will drink of the wrath of God, which is God abandonment (the 2nd death).

• Moderators

Unfortunately there are revisionists among us who would like to squash the proclamation of those messages.

Matt.7:26

26 And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not,

shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew,

and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Thats the only "House" I know of in scripture, any others I am over Looking ????

10 hours ago, Robert said:

6 And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach to those who live on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people; 7 and he said with a loud voice, “Fear God, and give Him glory, because the hour of His judgment has come; worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters.”

The first message is to preach the "everlasting gospel" to the human race.  This message places the glory of men in the dust and gives God the glory.

Robert,

in your summary did you over simplify?

What about: 1) the hour of His judgment has come; & 2) worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters?

His child Henry 

10 hours ago, Robert said:

9 Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand, 10 he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God....

The third message is a warning that if the believers give glory to "the beast and his image" instead of Christ, they will drink of the wrath of God, which is God abandonment (the 2nd death).

Robert,

do we still preach this warning? Or do we give it lip service without grasping the meaning? 

His child Henry 

13 hours ago, hch said:

Robert,

in your summary did you over simplify?

What about: 1) the hour of His judgment has come; & 2) worship Him who made the heaven and the earth and sea and springs of waters?

"In Christ" we stand perfect now and in the judgment. Legalism and self-righteousness gives glory to who?  Not God, but self!

When men turn from the creator of heaven and earth their thoughts become darkened and they end up worshiping self (see Roman 1:25).   They give glory to self, not God.

43 minutes ago, hch said:

Robert,

do we still preach this warning? Or do we give it lip service without grasping the meaning? 

There's a push, even here, not to say anything against Papal Roman.  

11 hours ago, Nic Samojluk said:

Watch 3ABN and decide. Read also the testimony of those who are led to Christ as a result of the 3ABN ministry!

I watch them every now and again (an hour or 2 a year).

There was a time that my tv was set to 3abn 24-7 until Brother_ used what looked like underhanded tactics (going to a foreign country) to divorce Sister_ .

The age in which we live is one of temptation, and if the people of God stand clear from the corrupting influences around them, they will be termed, "peculiar," "old-fashioned," and "odd." But God has declared that He is purifying to himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works. If the truth is brought into the character, it will have a sanctifying power upon the life. But those who claim to believe the truth, and yet imitate the world in its practices, and go contrary to the word of God, manifesting selfishness in their business relations, are bodies of darkness. They encourage sin, and are full of hypocrisy. Everything God's people do should be as transparent as sunlight. Escaping detection does not justify crime, and make it honesty and righteousness. Temptations are surrounding us on every side, and our only safety is in becoming in reality the peculiar people whom God is cleansing from all iniquity, redeeming unto Himself, to be to Him an everlasting inheritance in the kingdom of His glory.  {RH, November 18, 1890 par. 8} 

The divorce came across as being so hypocritical; to have a marriage counselling program giving advice on that network to keep families together and then having Brother_ appear to ignore the principles that they were promoting.  And to hear Brother_ say that God didn't give a 10% discount on the Ten Commandments (regarding the Sabbath) and then watching him take a 10% discount while alleging "spiritual adultery." When the preaching of the Law contrasts the actions of the professed believer, I wondered:

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, [it is] because [there is] no light in them (Isaiah 8:20). 

If the light at 3ABN has gone out, can we trust their teachings regarding the 3 Angels' Messages?

His child Henry 

2 hours ago, Robert said:

There's a push, even here, not to say anything against Papal Roman.  

is it Papal Rome we need to watch;

or is it the 2nd Beast

5 hours ago, Buzzards said:

or is it the 2nd Beast

Great question.

Why isn't the Bible study identifying the 2nd beast more up to date and the focus of more SDA preaching?

"We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts" (2 Peter 1:19)  

Is the sure word of prophecy the problem? or are the unsure Laodiceans the problem? 

His child Henry 

16 hours ago, Gerry Cabalo said:

Unfortunately there are revisionists among us who would like to squash the proclamation of those messages.

Gerry,

Do you dare open that thought with an example of what you had in mind?

His child Henry 

19 hours ago, Nic Samojluk said:

Nic,

I don't want to leave you with the impression that 3ABN is all bad.

God established the Jewish religion, but they failed to live up to their purpose at Christ's First Advent because truth had been mixed with error. Oh how different things would have been if the Jewish leadership would have accepted Christ and taken the light to the world.

Now that the signs of the times show that Christ's Second Advent is even at the door, the parable of the 10 Virgins warns us that some of them will be ready and others will wake to late. If 3ABN is going to do the job that God ordained for it to do, then it has to be among the 5 wise Virgins giving the 3 angels' messages the right sound at the right time. Is 3ABN doing that any better than the church at large?

His child Henry 

15 hours ago, Buzzards said:

That's the only "House" I know of in scripture, any others I am over Looking ????

"Except the LORD build the house, they labour in vain that build it: except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh [but] in vain" (Psalms 127:1).

His child Henry 

6 hours ago, Kevin H said:

It is very much alive, but very much unknown.

Kevin,

A. Estab once wrote a poem about looking for the SDA church when he went to a new town. It was unknown to the local police-no crimes there, unknown to the fire station-hadn't burnt down, and so the poem continued until he asked the local funeral director-he knew where it was.

If the 3 angels' messages preserve their unknown status, how long will they remain alive?

His child Henry 

8 hours ago, Robert said:

"In Christ" we stand perfect now and in the judgment. Legalism and self-righteousness gives glory to who?  Not God, but self!

When men turns from the creator of heaven and earth their thoughts become darkened and they end up worshiping self (see Roman 1:25).   They give glory to self, not God.

The judgment hour began 22 October 1844. That was almost 200-years ago.

Breaking news doesn't keep the front page for more than a day or 2 now-a-days.

So where is the living 1st angel's message in this mix?

His child Henry 

10 hours ago, hch said:

There was a time that my tv was set to 3abn 24-7 until Brother_ used what looked like underhanded tactics (going to a foreign country) to divorce Sister_ .

I do not watch 3ABN 24 hours a day, but I feel spiritually fed quite often by the programs on this channel. The Lord has blessed this ministry beyond any wild dreams in spite of Brother --- past mistakes. The same can be said about many of the Bible characters. I do not reject the Psalms simply because its main author was guilty of adultery and murder. King David repented of his great sin and he Lord forgave him. Moses was also a murderer, but the Lord showed his great mercy on him and blessed his ministry. The same can be said about Saul of Tarsus who became the great Apostle Paul.

I believe that God is using 3ABN to bless thousands of people who are hungry for spiritual healing. At the same time, I must confess that I wish 3ABN would do more in preaching the three angel's message, and I have communicated this wish of mine to the former president, James Gilley. I believe that one of the greatest sins of the church is it's silence regarding the mass slaughter of the unborn. Our church is silent about this great sin against heaven. This must change. Many non-Adventist are doing God's work in defense of the right to life of the unborn while we are silent. May the Lord lead us to repentance regarding our past and present attitude toward this issue!

45 minutes ago, Nic Samojluk said:

I believe that God is using 3ABN to bless thousands of people who are hungry for spiritual healing. At the same time, I must confess that I wish 3ABN would do more in preaching the three angel's message, and I have communicated this wish of mine to the former president, James Gilley. I believe that one of the greatest sins of the church is it's silence regarding the mass slaughter of the unborn. Our church is silent about this great sin against heaven. This must change. Many non-Adventist are doing God's work in defense of the right to life of the unborn while we are silent. May the Lord lead us to repentance regarding our past and present attitude toward this issue!

the former president, James Gilley? Who's the current president?

Can anything be done to revive the 3 angels' messages on 3ABN?

His child Henry 

• Moderators
4 hours ago, hch said:

Gerry,

Do you dare open that thought with an example of what you had in mind?

I don't need too.  Some of those who are trying muzzle our evangelists from talking about the Mark of the Beast, Babylon, etc. are known by not a few.

11 hours ago, Buzzards said:

or is it the 2nd Beast

First we need to make sure we aren't in Babylon.  Keep in mind that Paul and Ellen White make the point that all pagan/heathen religions believe in salvation by works.  

Do you not know what the scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? 3 “Lord, they have killed thy prophets, they have demolished thy altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life.” 4 But what is God’s reply to him? “I have kept for myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal [a heathen deity].” 5 So too at the present time there is a remnant, chosen by grace. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works; otherwise grace would no longer be grace.  Rom 11:2-5

"The principle that man can save himself by his own works lay at the foundation of every heathen religion" [DA 35]

Also keep in mind that the delusions through this 1st beast almost deceive the very elect.  Many question how the 2nd beast (USA, at some future point) could renounce its constitution, especially the first amendment, in favor of Romanism. Well, its really not a difficult scenario at all.  

According to Rev 13:12-14 [The 2nd beast] exercises all the authority of the first beast.  And he [the 2nd beast] makes the earth and those who dwell in it to worship the first beast, whose fatal wound was healed. 13 He [the 1st beast] performs great signs, so that he even makes fire come down out of heaven to the earth in the presence of men

Paul tells us the anti-Christ's "coming is in accordance with the activity of Satan, with all power and signs and false wonders,  and with all the deception of wickedness for those who perish". 2 Thess 2:9,10  All false, apostate religions will join the 1st beast through these deceptions.  They will join because they too will be represented and included.  

11 hours ago, hch said:

the former president, James Gilley? Who's the current president?

Can anything be done to revive the 3 angels' messages on 3ABN?

When James Gilley retired, the 3ABN board elected Danny Shelton back to the presidency.

My suggestion to improve the message of 3ABN is to include the protection of the right to life of the unborn. The Catholic Church is wrong on many fundamental doctrines, but Rome is right on the sanctity of human life. Their hospitals refuse to offer abortion services to their patients.

This will grant Rome the high moral ground when they attempt to impose Sunday as the obligatory day of rest. They will argue: "Look at these Adventists! They believe that worshiping God on Sunday is wrong, but they see nothing wrong with killing innocent unborn children for profit."

19 hours ago, Gerry Cabalo said:

I don't need too.  Some of those who are trying muzzle our evangelists from talking about the Mark of the Beast, Babylon, etc. are known by not a few.

Gerry,

So those who are muzzling our evangelists are killing the 3 Angels' messages?

His child Henry