ClubAdventist is back!

Passover

phkrause

oh, I do like your postings dear gal from Texas.  Your attention to details relating to God and his dealings with the  chosen believers has taught me quite a lot.

14 hours ago, 8thdaypriest said:

The Lord's command was that all "leaven" be removed from "your houses" before the sun set on the 14th day of Nissan.  My husband read's the labels on soup cans, etc. to remove all leaven.  He puts everything in a big box and takes it out to the shed for the week (Exo 12:15).  lol 

We believers now live under the guidance and rules of the New Covenant. The symbol of leaven now has to do with spiritual issues, namely Sin.

Sin is what to be removed from our lives, homes and relationships in this season of reflection during Passover.

"For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers."
And he said, Woe unto you also, ye lawyers! for ye lade men with burdens grievous to be borne, and ye yourselves touch not the burdens with one of your fingers.
In these portions of verses is the substance of Pharisaical legalism of man-made religious laws of church community elites.

Teaching kindergarten kiddies means using lots of show-and-tell objects. The Israelite's were taken through such pedagogy.  God the father knew the end from the start. He had already chosen his Son as the final opfer lamb. Now in the wilderness of Sinai He began their school system at Horeb.

The Almighty had the Substance before him. He introduced our Savior bit for bit into their subconscious with the 613 laws. He was showing them bit for bit the Holiness of the Divinity.  They are referred to as the laws of Moses. I don't believe Moses concocted them himself. He didn't spend the forty days and nights on the mountain of Sinai muddling over in order to determine what is to be written next.  He was inspired by the mind of God. Then there is the Moral law of God directly written with His finger on the stone tablets. It's such a great pity that they were smashed to the ground when Moses came and saw the idolatry going on at the base of the mountain. A second set of 10 commandments were made because of God being a forgiving and merciful God.

However our God did not reject that crowd. He made the covenant and ratified it.

This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.
From reading these verses I conclude that the Old Testament covenant was ratified with circumcision and that the keeping of the sabbath is viewed as a perpetual covenant for the children of Israel (Jacob). And the words of the covenant were all wrapped up in the ten commandments.

What is very pertinent for us believers today is to have a clear, very clear understanding of the parameters in the New Testament Covenant.

The substance of which is the reality of God-in-the-flesh of Emmanuel Jesus our Christ. And His mission of being the last lamb of sacrifice for sin.

And that we upon accepting the revealed mission of Jesus Christ are filled with His Spirit who teaches us the New Covenant parameters. We need to consciously be cleansed by the blood of Christ first in order to become a child of God and have the promise of eternal life in the heavenly kingdom.

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.
I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:
Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt;
For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Hebrews 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 hours ago, JoeMo said:

Interesting question.  As I think about it, going back to the questionable "day for a year" theory, could the seven days without leaven represent the seven years of the tribulation (last week of Daniel's 70 weeks), where we may have nothing to rely on but the "unleavened bread" - Jesus - for our sustenance and salvation?

The "firstborn" (of Egypt) died on the night which began the 7 days.  The death of the firstborn was the final/last plague upon Egypt. 

Looking at the 7 vial plagues of Revelation, the LAST plague (Rev 16:17-21) is the great world earthquake with hail from heaven, and (Satan's kingdom) Babylon falls.

8thdaypriest

• 11 months later...
  • Members

Why Is Passover Seven (or Eight) Days Long?

Quite simply, the Torah itself tells us on numerous occasions that we are to celebrate Passover for seven days.1 (Outside of Israel, we celebrate for eight days, for reasons outlined here.)

https://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/3974040/jewish/Why-Is-Passover-Seven-or-Eight-Days-Long.htm

phkrause

Obstinacy is a barrier to all improvement. - ChL 60

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Members

If interested:

How to Celebrate Passover

Passover is celebrated by Jewish people as an annual commemoration of the Exodus from Egypt. It is observed for eight days (seven in Israel) during the springtime month of  Nisan. Read more...

https://www.chabad.org/holidays/passover/pesach_cdo/aid/1846/jewish/The-Passover-Story-in-a-Nutshell.htm

phkrause

• 11 months later...
  • Members

The first Passover haggadah in Ukrainian marks a community’s break with Russia

(JTA) — For Michal Stamova, the challenge of translating Passover’s core text into Ukrainian started with the title.

https://www.jta.org/2023/03/29/global/the-first-passover-haggadah-in-ukrainian-marks-a-communitys-break-with-russia?

phkrause

• Members

Ukraine Jews Prepare for Second Passover Under Fire

In battle-ravaged Kherson, Rabbi Yosef Yitzchak Wolff wears a flak jacket and helmet as he goes about the city. He’s been the Chabad-Lubavitch emissary in Kherson since 1993 and has remained there for the duration of the war. On the front lines, Kherson is a dangerous place. “There is shelling here daily,” Wolff tells Chabad.org amid his Passover preparations. Along with the scores of other Chabad emissaries in Ukraine as well as teams of rabbinical students deployed by Chabad-Lubavitch headquarters in New York, he is gearing up for a massive Passover campaign, ensuring that Ukraine Jewry has food, matzah and a Seder to attend.

https://www.chabad.org/news/article_cdo/aid/5902790/jewish/Ukraine-Jews-Prepare-for-Second-Passover-Under-Fire.htm

phkrause

• 1 year later...
  • Members
🫓 Passover starts tonight
Illustration of a matzo in the shape of a family of four.

Illustration: Allie Carl/Axios

Passover — the Jewish holiday symbolizing freedom — starts at sundown tonight, Axios' Kelly Tyko writes.

• Why it matters: The holiday will be a particularly emotional one because of the ongoing war between Israel and Hamas.

The holiday, also called Pesach in Hebrew, is observed for about a week in the U.S.

• It commemorates the Biblical story of the Jewish people's escape from slavery in ancient Egypt.

Antisemitic incidents in the U.S. more than doubled last year from 2022 (which also broke records), according to the Anti-Defamation League.

• In Israel, some families are torn on how — or whether — to celebrate.
  • Last week, the FBI said it's on alert for potential threats to American Jews.

Go deeper: How the Maxwell House Haggadah became the most popular Passover prayer book.

phkrause

• Members
mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstaticapp.icpsc.c
HAPPY PASSOVER - Matza & The Four Questions asked during the Passover Seder:
"Why is this night different than any other night?"

"In the first month you are to eat bread made without yeast, from the evening of the fourteenth day until the evening of the twenty-first day."  (Exodus 12:18)

Happy Passover!

On this First day of Pesach (Passover), we invite you to celebrate with us the redemption of our Jewish family from bondage in Egypt.

Today, as we celebrate eating Matza (unleavened bread) and tonight as many around the world (outside of Israel) celebrate a second night seder, retelling the story of God's deliverance in Egypt, let us pray for deliverance for each household and city where we live.

We also invite you to pray this Passover that the Jewish People will experience true redemption that only comes through their Messiah Yeshua - the Passover lamb.

During the Passover Seder, Jewish families read the Haggadah (Telling), 
the book that sets the order for the recounting of our deliverance from Egypt. 
(Go Israel photo by Jorge Novominsky)

During Passover we recount how God saw our affliction and took us out from Egypt with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.

Yeshua (Jesus) is the prophetic fulfillment of this wonderful holiday.

"For Messiah, our Passover Lamb, has been sacrificed."  (1 Corinthians 5:7)

On the eve of the Israelite's deliverance from Egypt, those who followed the instructions of Moses placed the blood of the lamb on their doorposts so that the wrath of God would "pass over" that household.

That shed blood foreshadowed the death of Yeshua HaMashiach, our Passover Lamb, whose blood was shed for sin (1 Peter 1:19).

"Yochanan (John) saw Yeshua coming toward him and said, 'Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!'" (John 1:29)

Sadly, the vast majority of the Jewish people do not yet recognize that Yeshua is their Passover Lamb who brought spiritual redemption.

You can make a difference during this prophetic Biblical Spring Festival by helping us share with the Jewish People the Good News of Yeshua HaMashiach, the Lamb of God.

Jewish family celebrates Passover, breaking the unleavened bread called matzah.

Wishing you a joyous, blessed Passover 
from all of our ministry family!

phkrause