ClubAdventist is back!

Adventist doctor sues Georgia after losing job when sermon content surfaced

Stan

Last week Liberty Institute and its attorneys filed a lawsuit against the Georgia Department of Public Health for withdrawing an employment offer made to Seventh-day Adventist local-church-hired pastor and physician Dr. Eric Walsh after reviewing his recorded sermons. Although the case has serious implications for freedom of speech and of religion, there are two threshold issues that will need to be addressed before the court gets to the issue of freedom of speech in the pulpit, and if proper firewalls are in place in the litigation process it may only have legal implications for those who have dual employment inside and outside the government.

The post Adventist doctor sues Georgia after losing job when sermon content surfaced appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV - Celebrating Liberty of Conscience.

View the full article

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

Saw where a city passed an ordinance that says everyone has to use the public restroom of their gender at time of birth. $500 fine and or 6 months in jail.

Boy that is going to have unintended consequences when those who have had reassignment surgery follow the law to the letter.

His child Henry 

Bible student/Author https://www.loudcry101.com

• Moderators

Stan said:

Although the case has serious implications for freedom of speech and of religion, there are two threshold issues that will need to be addressed before the court gets to the issue of freedom of speech in the pulpit, and if proper firewalls are in place in the litigation process it may only have legal implications for those who have dual employment inside and outside the government.

I would like for Stan to list the two threshold issues that need to be addressed.  I would also like for him to expand upon the idea as to why this case  may only have implications for those who have dual employment, although I think that he may be correct.

NOTE:  While this case has many listings on the Internet, it seems that the ones that Stan listed do not work.  Perhaps he can correct them.

Gregory

• Moderators

Well, the Internet has a number of websites that will give a short statement of the news item.  Again, for those who want to delve into the details, the URL that I provided to the main legal document is interesting.   At least I think it is interesting.   :)

Gregory