ClubAdventist is back!

California legislation seeks to prevent LGBT discrimination in higher education

Stan

The California legislature is considering two bills that would make it difficult for religious colleges and universities to discriminate on the basis of gender identity.

The post California legislation seeks to prevent LGBT discrimination in higher education appeared first on ReligiousLiberty.TV - Celebrating Liberty of Conscience.

View the full article

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Members

Of what sort of discrimination by universities are LGBT students now subjected?  I thought universities were supposed to teach students.  Are LGBT students unable to attend classes due to discrimination?

• Like 1

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

In more conservative areas of CA prejudice and bigotry reigns.

It comes out in big policies and the subtlest forms in every way.

Teachers parents students administration all have their own thoughts and feelings about this.

A bill helping institutionalized  roadblocking  of hate and ignorance  is sorely needed.

In other states as well ..if anyone reads the news.

:o

This was never a God problem.

It has always been a people problem.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

I live in a very conservative area in CA

Everything changes in too many Christian's eyes when they realize you a Queer!

One day many may realize how blessed I am of GOD!

..and the look in their eyes can hold like for everyone else.

:)

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

On 5/3/2016 at 11:14 AM, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

Of what sort of discrimination by universities are LGBT students now subjected?  I thought universities were supposed to teach students.  Are LGBT students unable to attend classes due to discrimination?

The gay marriage bill is only the tip of the ice berg. If this goes thru as I understand it our academies and colleges will have to employ teachers in same sex marriages.

AB 1888 (Low), as amended May 2, 2016, would condition state grant money on the promise that institutions will not subject applicants, students, or employees to discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic that is "contained in the prohibition of hate crimes" in Section 422.6(a) of the California Penal Code. Further, these institutions will have to certify that they will not apply for or receive a waiver from the U.S. Department of Education from federal non-discrimination regulations under Title IX. Institutions that do have a Title IX waiver would need to relinquish it by the beginning of the 2017-18 academic year.

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Ultimately, Christians will be required to post prominent yellow crosses on their homes and businesses, and, wear yellow crosses on their clothing. This would be done to protect the LGBT's from the so-called "vile hatred" of said Christians.

Following that identification process comes the jailings, the hangings, and the beheadings of Christians, which would be considered neither hatred nor discrimination. There's nothing more insidious than good-hearted, respectable church-going people who refuse to bow the knee and embrace and promote a lifestyle that their Creator forbids. In the end, the LORD will look down upon the Earth and see that it is Sodom and Gomorrah. We all know how that story ended.

Muslims, of course, will be exempt from the laws banning "discrimination" by religions. They will be the guillotine operators.

Once religious institutions are no longer allowed to choose their employees based on their beliefs, there will no longer be a purpose for their existence, and they will either submit to the gay agenda or go away. The loss of higher Christian education will only result in increased crime and speed up the demise of this country by narrowing the Christian base and lifestyle. Without Christians, this country will be in serious trouble.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

On 5/3/2016 at 1:14 PM, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

AB 1888 (Low), as amended May 2, 2016, would condition state grant money on the promise that institutions will not subject applicants, students, or employees to discrimination on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, or any other characteristic that is "contained in the prohibition of hate crimes" in Section 422.6(a) of the California Penal Code. Further, these institutions will have to certify that they will not apply for or receive a waiver from the U.S. Department of Education from federal non-discrimination regulations under Title IX. Institutions that do have a Title IX waiver would need to relinquish it by the beginning of the 2017-18 academic year.

Will it now be considered hate speech to follow our understanding of the bible and declare this to be wrong? It May not pass the first time but it will be brought back again and again until it does. Inch by inch

So what is the problem with this bill?

As has been determined by many,here included the gay/lesbian lifestyle 

1. Is not contagious

2. Does not impact anyone's traditional marriage

3.If you don't want a same sex marriage,simply don't have one

4.Any that have been opposed to the  LGBT  lifestyle are homophobic hateful bigots

5 God loves those of this lifestyle as much as anyone else

6.It is no worse and at times not as bad as other sins. 

7. Many religious groups have come out in support,even many SDA's as this is only fair and right.

8.Is it even really wrong? Some SDA's are not even sure so how can we stand against something until the biblical scholars have spoken?

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Administrators

The First Amendment remains in the Constitution. At the federal level, the relevant statutory law still has an exemption for churches and religious organizations from the prohibition of discrimination on the basis of religion.  In terms of employment, that permits religiously based preferential employment practices.  In other words, churches and church affiliated employers are still able to hire only members of the church and/or employees that uphold/adhere to and support the beliefs and teachings of the Church.  An employee that does not conduct themselves consitent with the teachings and beliefs of the Church can still be subject to discipline up to and including termination from employment.  That has not changed.

State laws are a mixed bag on whether they have such exemptions or specifically the extent of the exemption. Things are less certain at the state law level.  But The First Amendment still applies to the states. 

That said, the state of the law has a lot of gaps and uncertainty.  

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

9 hours ago, Aliensanctuary said:

Ultimately, Christians will be required to post prominent yellow crosses on their homes and businesses, and, wear yellow crosses on their clothing. This would be done to protect the LGBT's from the so-called "vile hatred" of said Christians.

Following that identification process comes the jailings, the hangings, and the beheadings of Christians, which would be considered neither hatred nor discrimination. There's nothing more insidious than good-hearted, respectable church-going people who refuse to bow the knee and embrace and promote a lifestyle that their Creator forbids. In the end, the LORD will look down upon the Earth and see that it is Sodom and Gomorrah. We all know how that story ended.

Muslims, of course, will be exempt from the laws banning "discrimination" by religions. They will be the guillotine operators.

Once religious institutions are no longer allowed to choose their employees based on their beliefs, there will no longer be a purpose for their existence, and they will either submit to the gay agenda or go away. The loss of higher Christian education will only result in increased crime and speed up the demise of this country by narrowing the Christian base and lifestyle. Without Christians, this country will be in serious trouble.

I don't know your impression of me but I must say one thing that I said at least twice(?) upon my arrival.

And I doubt everyone makes it a point to find and read and reflect all my posts on this topic.

Hence I repeat myself in layers.

I will now once again type something very important for people to know about my Christian thoughts.

:D

practic religion right.jpg

Never violate the conscience!

I just pray People will let God form the conscience towards LGBTI.

Romeo and Juliet

1 hour ago, GayatfootofCross said:

I don't know your impression of me but I must say one thing that I said at least twice(?) upon my arrival.

And I doubt everyone makes it a point to find and read and reflect all my posts on this topic.

Hence I repeat myself in layers.

I will now once again type something very important for people to know about my Christian thoughts.

:D

practic religion right.jpg

Never violate the conscience!

I just pray People will let God form the conscience towards LGBTI.

The conscience of many is already being violated. This law is about forcing religious institutions to violate their beliefs and teachings.

You have already come out for the use of force. Hate and ignorance is not behind what they see as biblical teaching

n more conservative areas of CA prejudice and bigotry reigns.

It comes out in big policies and the subtlest forms in every way.

Teachers parents students administration all have their own thoughts and feelings about this.

A bill helping institutionalized  roadblocking  of hate and ignorance  is sorely needed.

In other states as well ..if anyone reads the news.

:o

This was never a God problem.

It has always been a people problem.