ClubAdventist is back!

Trivia Quiz?

phkrause

Is this a trivia game or is it a question and answer thread where we are supposed to go and do the research and then answer? We do a lot of trivia games with our family and friends. Generally, we're supposed to answer from our own personal knowledge and not from what we can find out. (One of the opposing teams we often play against is named, "Put Away Your Phones You Cheatin' B!@%!$#@!") I assumed this was the same kind of thing. If it isn't...then might I just ask, don't you have a search engine yourself??

• Moderators

This may be a game where we answer from our knowledge.  However, it may be appropriate to provide documentation for what we post from our knowledge.

Gregory

Okay...that's different than the way we play at home. We tell our answer (and sometimes it's an educated guess), but the trivia master (or emcee) gives the correct answer and then gives more information if he/she finds something interesting to share.

Just different rules, I see. 

(Sorry to interrupt the game...carry on.)

• Members
20 hours ago, Aubrey said:

Is this a trivia game or is it a question and answer thread where we are supposed to go and do the research and then answer? We do a lot of trivia games with our family and friends. Generally, we're supposed to answer from our own personal knowledge and not from what we can find out. (One of the opposing teams we often play against is named, "Put Away Your Phones You Cheatin' B!@%!$#@!") I assumed this was the same kind of thing. If it isn't...then might I just ask, don't you have a search engine yourself??

You can research if you want. I get emails with trivia questions with the answers! So just figured I start this here and see how it goes. They don't give any info as to how they've come up with the answers!!

• Like 2

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members
22 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

So the correct answer is four (4).

According to there answer you are incorrect!! How they came up with the answer, they don't say?? But I did find this at the bottom: Source: various web sites.

B. Two

Just two strains, Ebola Zaire and Ebola Sudan, have proven lethal in humans. Ebola Reston and Ebola Ivory Coast is lethal only in primates...thus far.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

A recent United Nations report found that which country had the highest obesity rates in the world?

A. United States
B. Germany
C. Australia
D. Mexico

phkrause

• Moderators

Hmm, I think Australia and the US trade off on this one...

Truth is important

• Administrators

No... Aussies are all tanned and surfers :) 

I would say the U.S. 

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

I heard on the radio that Mexico has passed even the U.S. I remember thinking, hmm, it might be easier to find employment there...or at least be happier with my looks.

• Members

You heard correct Aubrey!!

D. Mexico

No bueno - Mexico has upset the United States with an obesity rate of 32.8 percent. The good ole US of A is a close second with 31.8 percent of the population considered obese.
Source: various web sites.

phkrause

• Members
Which one of the following shows did Seinfeld co-creator Larry David NOT write for?

phkrause

• Members
22 hours ago, phkrause said:
Which one of the following shows did Seinfeld co-creator Larry David NOT write for?

Larry David does not write for The New Adventures of Old Christine, which stars Seinfeld alum, Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

phkrause

• Members

True or False: William Shakespeare and Anne Hathaway had two daughters and one son, named Hamlet, who died of the plague in 1596 at the age of 11?

phkrause

• Moderators

Who knows, but it potentially could be t rue in both the 1800s and the 1900s as well.  Names ore typically carried by many people.  I have known real people who had the names of very famous people.

Gregory

• Administrators

My guess is False. I thought the plague was earlier

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

False! Anne Hathaway was born in 1982. Shakespeare was born in 1564--he would have been 434 years old by the time Anne was pregnable. I think all things are possible with God, but even Sarah AND Abraham would've thought this a bit of a stretch.

• Moderators

I wonder:  How many people over the last 700 years have been given the name of Ann Hathaway?

Gregory

• Moderators

:)

And I suppose that 17 of them were married to a William Shakespeare?

Gregory

• Moderators

And probably, one of those pairs, in 1792 had a son named Hamlet!  So, the original question is true.

Gregory

• Members
13 hours ago, Nan said:

OK I cheated but the name of the son was apparently Hamnet.

You got it Nan!!

False: They had two daughters and one son, named Hamnet, who died of the plague in 1596 at the age of 11.

phkrause