ClubAdventist is back!

Trivia Quiz?

phkrause

• Members

Question: The earliest written accounts of travels on the Silk Road to China were recorded 700 hundred years ago by which European explorer, from where?

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members
23 hours ago, phkrause said:

Question: The earliest written accounts of travels on the Silk Road to China were recorded 700 hundred years ago by which European explorer, from where?

Marco Polo? From Italy?

Yes, you are correct!

Marco Polo, 1254-1324, from Venice

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Who is the backing female vocalist on rapper Macklemore's 2012 hit "Same Love"?

A. Queen Latifah
B. Mary Lambert
C. Adele
D. Tori Amos

phkrause

• Members
22 hours ago, phkrause said:

Who is the backing female vocalist on rapper Macklemore's 2012 hit "Same Love"?

A. Queen Latifah
B. Mary Lambert
C. Adele
D. Tori Amos

Mary Lambert! is correct

B. Mary Lambert

The songbird in question is Seattle-based vocalist Mary Lambert, who also co-wrote the single based on her experiences as a lesbian.

• Like 1

phkrause

• Members

Popularized in the show The Walking Dead, Terminus was the name given in the 1830s to the spot where the Western and Atlantic railroad lines met. What is it called today?

A. Rome
B. Jacksonville
C. Macon
D. Atlanta

phkrause

• Moderators

I will make my contribution to the trivia quiz:

In the United States, it takes a Congressional Resolution to declare a specific day as worthy of national recognition.  One example is Presidents Day.  However in addition to those days that have been set aside by a Congressional Resolution, there are other days that we have been asked to celebrate.  Some have received international recognition and others have not.  Can you identify from the following list those days that we have been asked to recognize, even though they may lack a formal Congressional Resolution.  [NOTE:  I will be listing a specific day.  If the named day is an actual one, the specific day that I list will be correct.  My question involves the named day and not the calendar date.]

1. Hummus Day,  May 13.

2. Gummi Worm Day, July 15.

3. Mousse day, November 30.

4. Frozen Yogurt Day, February 6.

5. Olive Day. November 11.

6. Buy Nothing Day,  The day following Thanksgiving.

7.  Do Nothing Day, January 16.

O.K. pick out the real and eliminate the false.  Can you do it?

Gregory

9 hours ago, phkrause said:

Popularized in the show The Walking Dead, Terminus was the name given in the 1830s to the spot where the Western and Atlantic railroad lines met. What is it called today?

A. Rome
B. Jacksonville
C. Macon
D. Atlanta

Oooh, The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows. The double entendre of the name Terminus was a plot twist that only die-hard comic fans would have caught early on in the series. As Terminus is filmed in the state of Georgia, I'd say we're safe to say that it's not Jacksonville or Rome. So, that leaves Macon and Atlanta. Since one of the railroads was the Atlantic, I'll go with D.) Atlanta! (Also, the biggest city that's filmed in the series is Atlanta, so, it's most likely that choice.)

• Members
17 hours ago, phkrause said:

A. Rome
B. Jacksonville
C. Macon
D. Atlanta

I'll go with D.) Atlanta!

That is correct!!

D. Atlanta

The settlement formerly known as Terminus is now Atlanta. "Sanctuary for all"? Maybe...

phkrause

• Members

Q:What is Scout Finch's full name in the novel To Kill a Mockingbird?

A. Jane Louise Finch
B. Jean Elizabeth Finch
C. Jean Louise Finch
D. June Beth Finch

phkrause

• Members
8 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

I will make my contribution to the trivia quiz:

In the United States, it takes a Congressional Resolution to declare a specific day as worthy of national recognition.  One example is Presidents Day.  However in addition to those days that have been set aside by a Congressional Resolution, there are other days that we have been asked to celebrate.  Some have received international recognition and others have not.  Can you identify from the following list those days that we have been asked to recognize, even though they may lack a formal Congressional Resolution.  [NOTE:  I will be listing a specific day.  If the named day is an actual one, the specific day that I list will be correct.  My question involves the named day and not the calendar date.]

1. Hummus Day,  May 13.

2. Gummi Worm Day, July 15.

3. Mousse day, November 30.

4. Frozen Yogurt Day, February 6.

5. Olive Day. November 11.

6. Buy Nothing Day,  The day following Thanksgiving.

7.  Do Nothing Day, January 16.

O.K. pick out the real and eliminate the false.  Can you do it?

Never heard of any of these!!

1-This one sounds legit

2-Could be legit??

3-Also seems legit??

4-Also seems like a legit day?

5-Don't think so!!

6-Interesting name for a day, but I believe its a legit day!!

7-Sounds like something that could be done every day, LOL. I do believe its also a legit one??

phkrause

• Moderators

Some of your responses are correct.  Some are not.  :)

• Like 2

Gregory

I subscribe to a list of "National Day of...", and all of these sound plausible, honestly. Though I don't think I'd be inclined to celebrate frozen yogurt in February!

Happy National Pack Rat Day!

• Moderators

Yes, today is National Pack Rat Day.

Aubrey, you got it right.  All in my list are correct.

Gregory

• Moderators

today I received in the mail an advertisement that contained a very official looking U.S. currency bill in the denomination of $1,000,000.  Well no such bill actually exists.  However, The Department of the Treasury has issued a number of paper bills over the years, some of which are no longer being issued and some of which were only good for transactions within the banking system and were never issued to the public.

Of the following where are valid bills that were once issued:

1)  $2

2)  $50

3)  $75

4)  $100

5)  $500

6)  $750

7)  $1,000

8)  $5,000

9)  $10,000

10) $50,000

11) $75,000

12) $100,000

13) $250,000

14) $500,000

Hint:  Some are real and some are not.

Hint:  There are seven (7) current bills in circulation to the public.  However, all bills previously circulated are still valid U.S. currency.  NOTE:  The above list does not contain all of the valid U.S. currency.

• Like 1

Gregory

• Administrators

Q:What is Scout Finch's full name in the novel To Kill a Mockingbird?

A. Jane Louise Finch
B. Jean Elizabeth Finch
C. Jean Louise Finch
D. June Beth Finch

I say C

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members
5 hours ago, Gail said:

I say C

C is correct.

A: C. Jean Louise Finch

Jean Louise Finch is better known by her nickname, Scout.

phkrause

• Members

Q:Which of the following singers has not served as a coach on the talent competition The Voice?

A. Jewel
B. Gwen Stefani
C. Cee Lo Green
D. Usher

phkrause

• Moderators

Hehe - I was much more comfortable knowing something about 'To Kill A Mockingbird' than about 'The Voice'. ;-)

Jean Louise Finch would have been my answer too.

Truth is important

1 hour ago, David Geelan said:

Hehe - I was much more comfortable knowing something about 'To Kill A Mockingbird' than about 'The Voice'. ;-)

Jean Louise Finch would have been my answer too.

Why did you feel much more comfortable knowing something about TKAM than The Voice?

• Moderators

Partly because it seems more literary, partly because it' the US 'Voice' and I don't and can't watch it, and partly because, while I love music, all the mugging for the crowd from the judges, the fools at the side of the stage and everyone else spoils it for me on The Voice (the Australian one) to the point where I find it unwatchable. I enjoyed watching Eurovision because it has the songs but little or none of that other stuff. Not judging anyone who loves The Voice, but it's not for me. 

Truth is important

• Members

Q:Which of the following singers has not served as a coach on the talent competition The Voice?

A. Jewel
B. Gwen Stefani
C. Cee Lo Green
D. Usher

Jewel...

Well Jewel is correct!

answer: A. Jewel

While she has served as an adviser, Jewel has not been a coach on The Voice.

phkrause

• Members

Q:Based on biting and fatality statistics, which of these dog breeds does not appear in the top 10 most dangerous breeds?

A. St. Bernard
B. Great Dane
C. Mastiff
D. Malamute

phkrause