ClubAdventist is back!

Trivia Quiz?

phkrause

• Moderators

People who own their own automobiles, free of debt, and face a financial emergency often obtain a 30 day loan on the title to their vehicle.  Most of these people are unable to pay the loan off within the 30 day period and renew the loan for a new 30 day period.  Due to this cycle of renew with renewal fees, what is the true interest rate that is commonly paid for these loans?

1)  25%

2)  50%

3)  75%

4)  100%

For the actual answer to this question, see:    http://www.wfsb.com/story/32001787/study-finds-high-rate-of-repossessions-in-auto-title-loans

Gregory

• Moderators

Over the years, 53 people have been pictured on U.S. Currency.    One of those persons was a female.  Who was that first woman to be pictured on such:

1)  Sojourner Truth

2)  Pocahontus

3)  Martha Washington

4)  Margaret Sanger

For a listing of all 53 people see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_United_States_banknotes

Gregory

8 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Over the years, 53 people have been pictured on U.S. Currency.    One of those persons was a female.  Who was that first woman to be pictured on such:

1)  Sojourner Truth

2)  Pocahontus

3)  Martha Washington

4)  Margaret Sanger

For a listing of all 53 people see:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_on_United_States_banknotes

Lucy Holcombe Pickens was first to be on paper currency used in the United States. Pocahontas was second (depicted on the back) and Martha Washington was third (depicted on the front of the bill). Sacagawea, Susan B. Anthony and Helen Keller have been circulating on coins for a while now too. Further, there have been 4 more women depicted on non-circulating, legal U.S. tender: Queen Isabella of Spain, Eunice Kennedy Shriver, Eleanor Dare and Virginia Dare. Since the inception of the "First Spouses" coin collection there have been 36 more women depicted on legal, U.S. tender. 

1 hour ago, Gregory Matthews said:

People who own their own automobiles, free of debt, and face a financial emergency often obtain a 30 day loan on the title to their vehicle.  Most of these people are unable to pay the loan off within the 30 day period and renew the loan for a new 30 day period.  Due to this cycle of renew with renewal fees, what is the true interest rate that is commonly paid for these loans?

1)  25%

2)  50%

3)  75%

4)  100%

For the actual answer to this question, see:    http://www.wfsb.com/story/32001787/study-finds-high-rate-of-repossessions-in-auto-title-loans

At 300% per year, their nominal interest rate (rate per period) is close to 26.5%,

2 hours ago, phkrause said:

Q:Based on biting and fatality statistics, which of these dog breeds does not appear in the top 10 most dangerous breeds?

A. St. Bernard
B. Great Dane
C. Mastiff
D. Malamute

If I didn't know a couple of Mastiffs, I'dve guessed the St. Bernard, but the Mastiffs are really sweet! So, I don't know!

• Moderators

Aubrey,  Females on U.S. currency:

Thanks for the information.

Your post was interesting.

Gregory

3 hours ago, phkrause said:

Q:Based on biting and fatality statistics, which of these dog breeds does not appear in the top 10 most dangerous breeds?

A. St. Bernard
B. Great Dane
C. Mastiff
D. Malamute

I've known a few of each of these breeds, so I'm going to guess the Great Dane, because each Dane I've met thought he was a lap dog.

• Like 1

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Administrators

That would be the one I guess, too

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members
11 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

1)  Sojourner Truth

2)  Pocahontus

3)  Martha Washington

4)  Margaret Sanger

3-Martha Washington would be my guess

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members
12 hours ago, phkrause said:

A. St. Bernard
B. Great Dane
C. Mastiff
D. Malamute

C. Mastiff

All these breeds except the Mastiff appear on the most dangerous list, compiled in a 20-year study for the Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Members

Question: What was the world's most populous city, around the beginning of the 20th century?

phkrause

• Administrators

I guess Mexico City, which had that distinction for a while. I just don't know exactly when.

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Administrators

About the currency, I would say Martha Washington, too. She's just as ancient as Jefferson, Ben Franklin and the rest.

I think that Soujourner Truth is going to appear on the 20s soon, isn't she?

• Moderators

Yes, the attached piece of currency is fake.  :)  But, I like it.  :)

CCI05192016.jpg

CCI05192016_0001.jpg

Gregory

• Members
On 5/18/2016 at 7:31 PM, phkrause said:

Question: What was the world's most populous city, around the beginning of the 20th century?

Answer: London, England

phkrause

• Members

Q:When ordered straight off the menu in a Venti size, which of the following Starbucks menu items has the most calories?

A. Café Americano
B. Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino
C. Pumpkin Spice Latte
D. Peppermint Mocha

phkrause

My guess is the Mocha Cookie Crumble...that's chocolate and cookies, right?? (I don't do any kind of coffee, but I'm guessing that chocolate and cookies would pack a punch!)

• Members
22 hours ago, Aubrey said:

My guess is the Mocha Cookie Crumble...that's chocolate and cookies, right?? (I don't do any kind of coffee, but I'm guessing that chocolate and cookies would pack a punch!)

You are correct

Answer: B. Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino

The Mocha Cookie Crumble Frappuccino is a hefty 590 calories, consisting of mocha sauce, vanilla syrup and Frappuccino chips, blended with Frappuccino roast, milk, and ice. The drink is topped with whipped cream and cookie crumbles.

phkrause

• Members

Q:Which of the following musicians made the most money in 2015?

A. Taylor Swift
B. Garth Brooks
C. The Eagles
D. One Direction

phkrause

• Administrators

Easy- Taylor Swift

• Members
19 hours ago, phkrause said:

Q:Which of the following musicians made the most money in 2015?

A. Taylor Swift
B. Garth Brooks
C. The Eagles
D. One Direction

Easy- Taylor Swift

Ya think????

Answer: D. One Direction

While all these artists rank in the top 15 of Forbes' highest-paid musicians, the now-defunct One Direction clocks in at #4, just behind musician Katy Perry, who nabbed the #3 spot, fyi.

Source: various web sites.

phkrause

• Members

Q:Which is the most downloaded iPad/iPhone free app ever?

A. Facebook
B. Spotify Music
C. Google Maps
D. Instagram

phkrause

4 hours ago, phkrause said:

Easy- Taylor Swift

Ya think????

Answer: D. One Direction

While all these artists rank in the top 15 of Forbes' highest-paid musicians, the now-defunct One Direction clocks in at #4, just behind musician Katy Perry, who nabbed the #3 spot, fyi.

Source: various web sites.

defunct?

o dear

It reminds me of when Wham broke up.

Oh the inhumanity!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet