ClubAdventist is back!

Step Great Grandfather

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

Today, my step-Grandaughter gave birth to baby Noah and I became a step-Great Grandfather.

Noah had previously been scheduled to enter the world on July 17.  But, he got restless and entered our lives today weighing in at 5 pounds one ounce.

All in all he was healthy.  However, as he was premature, his respiration is being closely watched and  he is on oxygen.  He is expected to stay in the neo-natal intensive care unit for the next 4 - 6 weeks.   But, that will give moma a chance to recover and get set to enter into full-time child care.

All of us are thankful for his good health considering his pre-mature status.

• Like 3

Gregory

• Members
44 minutes ago, Gregory Matthews said:

All of us are thankful for his good health considering his pre-mature status.

I was just thinking that when I read the first part of your post!

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Today, Noah is breathing without supplemental oxygen!

Gregory

• Members
3 hours ago, Gregory Matthews said:

Today, Noah is breathing without supplemental oxygen!

Praise the Lord! :prayer:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Moderators

Noah has transferred out of the neonatal unit to a regular bed for a newborn.  He is off oxygen and breathing fine on his own.

Staff does not feel that he should attempt to eat on his own, so he is getting food through a tube.

All in all, he is doing well for a pre-mature baby.

Gregory

• Moderators

As one who has retired from working in a teaching hospital for some 20 years, I think I have some minimum knowledge of what happens in a hospital, even if I do have more to learn.  But, the hospital where I worked did not do delivery.  Any female patient who was going to deliver was transferred to the hospital next door.  We were one of three hospitals that were side-by-side.  So, I have learned something in this experience with the birth of Noah and how he is fed since it is not thought that he is ready to eat on his own.

Very simple:  Mama is attached to an electric milking machine.  I did not know that they existed for humans.  The milk is collected and fed to Noah through a tube.  The result:  Noah get the benefit of human milk even if it is not from a more natural delivery method.

Gregory

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

The attached photo is of Noah, my step-great grandson who is being held by my wife.  It was taken yesterday, July 4, 2016. 

I am sorry about the orientation of the photo.  It is upright on my computer.  But, it rotated when it was copied to this post.

DSC_0418.JPG

Gregory

• Moderators

He looks pretty healthy for a preemie.   He'll be bouncing around there in no time, I predict.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

photo of Noah.htmphoto of Noah.htm

The above link will take you to a Facebook photo of my step-great-grandson, Noah, at 3 months.

Click on the link.

Then click on <open>   at the bottom of your screen.

NOTE:  I have been informed that people using a smart phone to access this thread may not be able to open the photo as the pop-up does not appear on their phone.  I do not know.  From my desk-top computer and Wikndows 10, I can  open the  photo and the pop-up appears.

Gregory

• 4 months later...
  • Moderators

The following photo is of my 7-month old step- grandson.  It was taken yesterday, December 24, 2016.

DSC_0527[1].JPG

Gregory