ClubAdventist is back!

A Milestone?

james423

• Moderators

Today is my 70th birthday.  But an odd thing happened today off all days.   When I took my laptop to the church to write articles for the church's web site, Microsoft decided to upgrade Windows 10. About three hours later, the computer wasn't acting normal i.e. I couldn't get Word to come up so I could write the articles. It wasn't until I got home where there was wireless internet access that the computer finally returned to normal. I've never seen any computer update like that. Other than that, it was a normal birthday with cards, cake, and ice cream with family present.

James Brenneman

• Members

a number of my friends have had that happen in the last week or so... one person couldn't log into Word.  Most all have said it was a nightmare.

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! :)

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Members

Sorry to hear that James. I upgraded my wife's Dell about a week or so ago, no problems. Some minor stuff but that's it.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

• Administrators

I hope that it all worked itself out! My work computer is now Win10 and while it was working out the kinks I admit that it was able to do it itself, which was a nice surprise. I find that my machine boots up and shuts down much faster, too, and generally runs smoother.

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It has worked out - and never happened again (so far).  I have Windows 10 on all three personal computers I use with very little trouble.  BTW I just upgraded to Office 2016 with a similar good experience.

• Like 1

James Brenneman

• Members

I'm curious...what sort of issues *do* you have with Windows 10, if any?

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

On 5/22/2016 at 6:54 AM, james423 said:

Today is my 70th birthday.  

Since maybe it's too late to wish you a happy birthday, have a happy and blessed 70th year, Mr. Brenneman. 

JAMES423

well  HAPPY  BELATED BIRTHDAY----and  I  ma   glad   the computer  is  working  again

dgrimm60

• Moderators

Thank you, one and all.  Yes, it was a good birthday.

James Brenneman