ClubAdventist is back!

What makes God real to you?

Gail

• Administrators

it remains a wonderful achievement to create something new, solve a problem, then patent your idea, have the item produced and sold....  this may not be the last time you go through these steps... put the word genuine or original, embedded in each one as they are made... and even given a great name "toaster mate".

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Moderators

Rachel, the best to you in your efforts to sell your invention.

People who invent something often spend large sums of money developing it and  get little back in return.

You are not alone.

Sometimes I have thought that a patent attorney makes more money than the person who invented the thing.

Gregory

Thanks to all of you.  I still believe the LORD is going to bless me through this invention.  I don't see how - just now.  I just believe that He will.  Rachel

8thdaypriest

Occasionally I hear about miracles happening to other people. In one case it was something I more or less explicitly prayed for.  Though, I had some expectation that it would be my turn next, if it actually happened, which it did last August.   A  year later, my life is still going nowhere.  What am I supposed to say about that?  I don't begrudge this blessing on my acquaintance in the slightest, but I feel as though God has neglected me. And that is not something that can be changed by reading words in a book.  Love is action. 

To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.

• 1 month later...

I have no doubt God is active and involved in each of our lives. He loves deeply and relentlessly. Often I think back in retrospect and understand why something didn’t work out the way I wanted, or realize that something bad was about to happen and it was averted. I wonder why I didn’t notice that He was there blessing and teaching me. I find that when I turn to the Bible I may not get immediate answers.  Instead I get context and lessons that when connecting with other context and lessons I learn more about the will of God and His plan for me. 

• Like 3

A challenging task it is to go inward in one’s soul to find out what makes God real to me (to us).

I’ve been taught that God is Love.

I have experienced divine love, not directly from humans, but directly from God through human’s acting out love toward me.

Inclusive to that is my personal acceptance that God is a personal God watching constantly over my life and is seeing my needs.  He meets my needs with great outpouring of blessings from His heart of love to me. Mind you, He meets my needs and not necessarily my ‘wants’. My wants are basically my selfish soul crying out for what I am not realizing could be bad for me.

I have been taught that God is Light. I don’t believe such is definable in physic’s understanding of light. It is not an text book definable substance.

I have been given light from God to have insight in people’s intent to do me harm so that I move away from such people. I have been given light on making the right decisions while on this path that God has put me on. Looking back with hindsight I am awed how awful the outcome would have been had I used my human thinking alone to decide on the issue at hand. Instead I waited on the Lord and He guided me as He wanted me to go. That brought about in many cases what I deemed as miracles.  Okay, I agree that my view maybe very subjectively seen. However, divine love and light are transcendental commodities. Not of earthly substance.

There’s more to ponder upon when trying to foster an image of God into our reality. It most certainly is worth the time and effort to do so.

• Like 2

• Moderators

Patent Attorneys & such:

I have learned much about them from watching Shark Tank:)  

One of the things that I have learned is that a company will purchase (license) an exclusive right to produce the item with the payment of a royalty.  Then they will not make it, and therefore not have to pay a royalty.  The reason, by doing so no one else will be able to make it and therefore compete with another product that they make.

Gregory

• 1 month later...

There was a long torturous time in my walk where my nightly prayers would be begging God to put me in a box in heaven ..hidden in one of the mansions for eternity.

Sleeping forever with nothing but good dreams.. Not bothering anybody with my wretched self.

I am world's away from thinking like that now. God's love for me has become so dazzing I forgot i used to be like this.I forgot i used to pray like this.

He has my heart. I am His.

I grew up with out knowing anything about GOD. First time I heard of Him -my Great Aunt died when I was 6 or 7. She was the only person who showed me love. She loved me even if it was the few times I saw her.

My world was so abusive at both my parent's hands. and I  knew it. I will spare the horrid details.

My mom told me that Aunt Marie was in heaven..And I asked her what is heaven? My mom told me it was a place where you  sit on clouds and play the harp.

I immediately wanted to go pronto! Any place was better than here..I thought as a lil gay boy.

That's when I started thinking about God. I started talking to Him.

He was nebulous and a mystery to me.

I think in someway He became my special invisible friend... looking back.

Then for the first time i went to church at 12 with an  Adventist family that moved next door ..I thought I learned about  Him.

I didnt get to know God there. I was really heavily indoctrinated with prophesies and diet and rules and all that stuff.

Wait! I did get to know something of Him personally..I  learned He hated me. Three years later I tried to kill myself.

flash forward decades

I have become acutely aware of His noncondemning no judging Presence.

I have strived with every molecule  of my being to get to know this God who died to save me. I knew somewhere deep in my soul He is better than anybody conveyed.

I would hang on old dear Ladies at church that loved talking of Him(the men usually didn't want to be associated with a fruit). Hoping to have it rub off on me.

Now I know HIM.

I want to throw His Name into the sky and put a spotlight on Him so everybody can see This most awesome humble Beautiful Being in the universe.

I want to scream Who He is to a world that got a really bad picture of Him.

I want to bring Him and Heaven to everyone I meet.

I want to be kinder and listen to people.

I am so irreverent and mouthy and melodramatic.

Yet God delights over me with singing as I am now,

I am not "snow covered dung" ..I dont need to have Jesus protecting me from the Fathers wrath, I don't need a shield of blood to remind God that Im saved.

God Himself loves me. And delights in me NOW.

As I am. This is the Good News for the world that  changes us.

This is what brings peace and joy to our hearts that people will know We have been with Jesus,

And they want it!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

ooops

I overstated it.

lol

I am in the process of Knowing Him.

I get carried away when I think of How kind He has been to me,

There is still so much to unearth about Him in the here and now,

As  Knowledge of Him pours in ..everything else leaks out!

God help me. And us All!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

2 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

amen!

Romeo and Juliet

In what sense am I supposed to believe that God keeps His promises without actually expecting anything to happen?

• Like 1

• Administrators

God has fulfilled his promise to come as the sacrifice for sin. He fulled His promise to His Father and came to Adam and Eve and ministered forgiveness and grace to them and preserved them from immediate destruction.  the world is continually receiving the benefit of the fulfillment of that promise.

He fulfilled his promises claimed by his children all through the old testament and new testament times, and through history till now.

The conditions for the fulfillment of the promises are met in Christ and those who know they stand in Christ are in position to recognize how they receive His promises today.

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

Eternal salvation is only fully realized at a certain point in the future. I don't worry about that very much.  There are promises that do seem to involve the life that we have to live right now, which I've done a terrible job at so far. I would like to be better. I would like to be useful.  I would like to be able to practice a skill that can earn me a living.  But I have seen what I can manage, using only the motivation and focus I have within myself.  I burn out too quickly when I am reminded that nobody else cares. It is not good for me to be alone. I begged God for help, by words from His own mouth.  And I can't say that has resulted in anything.   I do not see how this testimony will help anyone grow closer to Christ.  I don't really think that God can be embarrassed into action, although I do think the reason we're expected to gather in groups of even 'two or three assembled in His name' is because He prefers to have witnesses.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geoarrge said:

Your Testimony is honest and the world is crying out for Authenticity.

Romeo and Juliet

On 2/27/2018 at 6:36 PM, Geoarrge said:

I hear you.  I have had many such "non-experiences".  My daughters are slowly but surely becoming agnostics because they were taught all during their childhood that God answers prayers; yet it does not appear to them that God has answered the most urgent prayers in their young adult lives.  I used to think that way. I have learned that God DOES answer most of my prayers; just not in the way I expected Him to answer.  For example, when I pray for patience and wisdom on a certain issue, the issue frequently just becomes more complicated and frustrating to the point that I finally give up and say "okay God - You don't want to answer my prayer so I give up.  If you want this resolved it's Your problem now."  Then (at least sometimes), something "coincidentally" happens and the problem is resolved in a way far better than what I was asking for.  But it wasn't until I gave up in frustration or anger (sometimes misplaced anger at God) that the problem was resolved. That being said, sometimes the problem is not resolved; and I will have to wait for the Kingdom to find out why.  Of course by then, I probably won't care anymore.

• Like 2

• Administrators

we want God to be in our lives on our terms.  We want our present  felt concerns to be relieved.  We have a finite picture.

God is in our lives in the terms of our creation,  our condition of need, and His desire for our lives to never end.  God has the eternal picture in view.

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

I'm sure the eternal picture will be very nice when we finally get to see it.  The problem with relying upon that explanation is that it provides very little reason to want to keep trying to live this life well. Why not quit?  I cannot accept this line of reasoning.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I wasn't really offering any reasoning Geoarrge.  It was just two series of contrasting points us and God.  it do believe God delights in meeting us where we are at times opening our eyes to his immediate workings to nudge our faith, and other times shrouds us in darkness when  he draws nearest to not overwhelm us with his glory.

some words given to me in a prolonged season of darkness,  to avoid quoting... referred to God seeing the last events at the moment he saw he very first things that happened.   this meant the most to me later when after enduring much difficulty and things got better i turned to God and  great affirmation in my heart i acknowledged that God had seen this wonderful day when i could not.  so yes it may be the best moments will come later....  and because we do not quit, and because we do not give up.  i am so glad Jesus did not quit or give up.

sometimes just staying alive is incredible movement, great advancement,  even though it may not seem so.

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

15 hours ago, Geoarrge said:

Hi again!

I believe I understand what you have been saying.

I struggle with things that I see in myself.

My circumstances haven't changed much over decades.

My health. My weaknesses. My world.

I have come to the conclusion I will no longer hold God hostage to what I think He should be doing in the world or in my life.

I will not hold God hostage for things other people think where I should be at now also .

He calls Himself Meek and Lowly at heart. He has shown Himself Selfless. A Servant God.

I hang onto these things. It helps me in the here and now.

Romeo and Juliet

Ever since I became a Christian, I have wondered why God brings so much [censored] into my life.  Is He weak, or does He just not care?

I have come to the conclusion that God actually sends us trials as a blessing.  As Christians, we want to be more like our Savior.  He went through the ultimate [censored].  Our trials show us our weaknesses.  They give us a chance to exercise our "faith muscles".  When we overcome a trial (or God takes care of it for us), we are stronger personally and spiritually for it.

(1 Peter 1:6)

(John15:20)

Makes me think sometimes that those who are persecuted or face trials are more Christlike than those who don't.

• Like 2

• Administrators

just edit your post and delete  the words from the quote...

deb

Love awakens love.

Wanderer,

I'm not trying to "simplify" anything or make Georrage feel better.  I'm just stating my experience.  Like him, I have wondered why God allows so much evil and chaos.  In my deepest wilderness experience (the sudden death of my oldest son), while I was cursing God for taking him, vowing to live a life of open rebellion to His false Kingdom, He came to me gently and comforting; saying very clearly (I am summarizing), "Do you really think I did this?  I don't do death; I do life.  The evil one does death.  You can curse Me all you want - I've heard worse than yours.  I will stay and mourn with you if you want Me to. I can also leave if you want Me to".  I was stunned. I apologized to God for being such a jerk.  He stayed with me and kept me together through this most grievous episode of my life (don't get me wrong - it was still the most traumatic experience of my life).  When hard times come now, (and they do), although I still give in to the occasional pity party, I always find God's comfort there. 

The world hated Jesus; it will hate us as well; and do everything it can to tear us away from the reality of God's eternal Kingdom.

I also confess my sin of quoting stuff in my previous post.  I also confess to the sin of using a prohibited word.  Be assured it was not the "s" word; it was the "c" word for the same noxious substance.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Administrators

i used my privilege and cleaned it up wanderer.  it was what you would have done if you could have.  always appreciate your posts.

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

• Administrators

so meanwhile, what are some of the ways we keep or have kept going when painful realities are glaring brighter and stronger than faith realities.  what do we do when the divine eternal realities have lost their hold on our minds and we are awash in our struggle, or our losses, or our suffering, discourgaement, helplnesses, or just disappointments or pain.   How is God real then?  How has God or how does God keep us or has kept us then.

• Thanks 1

deb

Love awakens love.

6 hours ago, debbym said:

I really appreciate your question here.

On a side note...

I have learned that I cannot be truly authentic here.

Others yes and I'm grateful that I can see it and learn!

In this forum I think its best for me to throw up the Love of God into the sky to be looked at and marveled at.

as much as I can with tiny bits of proud Queer humanity. :)

But I never weary talking about God's love. I would die without it.

I'm in a room with SDA Christians so I feel it's not a bit much. Or is it?

Thankfully there are other places on the internet where I can share more of myself and how I feel about things. So I do it with thick relish over there.

When people see me on fb expressing myself in different topical/lifestyle/political rooms. I get friend requests from them and I warn them via private message "uhhh.. my fb wall can and will offend you"

:)

Even my art offends people! :o

Imagine that!

It's one place where my 3 dimensional complicated ever growing ever changing ever expanding transparent moody mouthy can be free,

But definitely not here.

And all can say a collective Amen. :D

I saw on the news children's dead body and faces gassed in Syria a few weeks ago.

A dear Saint at our church who has been a life long healthy go getter Adventist all her life just died 3 weeks ago of brain cancer.

She was in her early  young 60's.

So much pain all over.

My mom unexpectedly died before thanksgiving last year.

She hated God and hated me for always talking about God.

I didn't know I was driving her away from God every time I mentioned Him.

She never told me to stop.

She was very passive aggressive and non confrontational.

I always took her silence and pasted on smile to just  keep talking.

Well I convinced myself of it anyway :( .

She only really loved to talk Movie Stars. Great Beauties.

She in her hey day was a great Beauty.

All my drawings are cause of her!

I'm still reeling. You see She was supposed to become a Christian before she died.

I was supposed to lead her to HIM.

She is supposed to be with me in heaven,

She was my mommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i realized right after she died ..i drove her away from GOD!

:(

i didn't know till that moment

i looked at her as a Missionary project.

:'(

I worshiped her as a little boy

always wanting her to love me ..to notice me

But when I became a Christian  I was taught all Media was evil and lived without a TV and didn't read newspapers.

I had to eject all worldliness and my Mother felt rejected in the process.

I remember one time visiting them and they begged me to watch "Back to the Future" with them. My family loved that movie.

They can see I was uncomfortable during the whole thing.

I thought God was really upset with me.

This is the Gawd I brought to my Mom.

Our relationship never got much better.

Romeo and Juliet