ClubAdventist is back!

What makes God real to you?

Gail

Wonderful story!  [referring to the story of the washed-out culvert]

[And also a beautiful home!]

God really saved your husband's life that day.

Edited by jeannieb
didn't realize how far removed I was from the post to which I was replying.

I have felt like this many times.  One thing that helps me when I am in that wilderness of frustration is to journal.  I ask God a question, and just start writing down what comes to mind.  Sometimes nothing comes to mind; and I try again later.  Sometimes nothing but gibberish comes to mind. And sometimes, a profound and wise answer comes to mind - thoughts that I am incapable of generating on my own; thoughts that comfort me and give me peace.  The situation over which I am frustrated doesn't "disappear";  but my mind is at peace and I am able to think about my situation from a point of rationality rather than fear and dread.

The secret seems to be to calm and quiet my mind prior to asking the question.  Coming to God with a sense of trust and love (even if it is momentary) rather than a position of fear and guilt or dread seems to help.  The more I "practice" coming to God with complete honesty and trust - even if I'm upset with what He has allowed to come into my life - the easier it gets.  God's way is the way of love; but it has to be a complete circuit.  We must complete the circuit of love; like an electric circuit where the electricity must flow in a circle for power to actually be generated.

I still have more poop in my life than I care to deal with.  But constantly telling myself that God is good - even when I don't like what's going on - helps keep me more balanced.  I still "lose it" sometimes, though - usually when I let my "fight or flight" alarm (amygdala) rule me rather than my heart and my rational mind (frontal cortex).

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeMo said:

thank you

I love the complete honesty we can bring here. We are all trying to make our way and we don't have all the answers.

Or even some.

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

" If you tarry 'til you're better
You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

"My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite."

Romeo and Juliet

For the joy of the Lord is your strength. (Nehemiah 8:10 NKJV)

In common vernacular, the word joy means “delight, happiness and pleasure.” However, from a biblical standpoint, joy is a powerful force that resides in your spirit once you’ve made Jesus the Lord of your life.

Just because you may walk around all day with a frown on your face doesn’t mean joy is not in your spirit. It just means you’ve suppressed it—you haven’t tapped into it. And if you haven’t tapped into joy, then you are not experiencing the strength of the Lord.

Appropriating the joy of the Lord is a matter of choice, and an act of your will. You can get up in the morning and will to be happy, or you can will to be unhappy. Either way, the choice is yours. In order to walk in the joy of the Lord, you must choose to reach down into your spirit and tap in to the joy that resides there.

Of course, the devil will do everything he can to prevent you from connecting to the force of joy, but he can’t succeed unless you let him. He will attempt to deceive you into thinking there is no joy within you. And if he can get you to choose not to tap in to it, you will be a weak and easy target for the devil to overcome.

Regardless of the frustrations and challenges you may be facing at this moment, the joy of the Lord resides within you. Choose today to tap in to the force of joy, and then take a step of faith and choose to rejoice. When you do, you will experience renewed strength.

I will not be deceived into letting go of my joy. The joy of the Lord is my strength, and I choose to tap in to the force of joy today. Regardless of my circumstances or how I feel, I choose to rejoice in the Lord Always... again I say Rejoice!

For all Eternity God waited in anticipation for  You  to show up to give You a Message - YOUR INCLUDED !!! { a merry dance }?️‍?

You will never come at all "   .. "I Will Rise" by the late great saved  Glen Campbell

If your picture of God is starting to feel too good to be true, you're starting to move in the right direction. :candle:

Romeo and Juliet

29 minutes ago, The Wanderer said:

and what is this "joy of the Lord?"

"Our Saviour's joy was in the uplifting and redemption of fallen men." (SC 77.4)

Ours and others! :)

Romeo and Juliet

2 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Just when i thought my record was getting flawless!

oops

I forgot where I was

Romeo and Juliet