ClubAdventist is back!

Cheney Accidentally Shoots Fellow Hunter

Neil D

Quote:

Kind of interesting isn't it? The choice of words. "Rumor has it", "You get the general idea Cheney is a rich boy that never gets his boots scuffed" "I wouldn't press charges either against the guy that shot me (or something similar as if it is a forgone conclusion this was a warning of some kind)

Bonnie,

You are taking my posts FAR to seriously....

I could write more, but with our history, I doubt that you would even try to listen, let alone practice humor....

May I point you to my tagline, and pray that you will understand that public officials were the subjects of humor, even by Jesus...After all, whoever suspected a pharasee more like a seplichare, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones....

Quote:

“If you haven’t enough religion to make anyone else happy, it is not surprising that you are not happy yourself.”—Unknown, Signs of the Times, June 18, 1896.

Go have some fun and heal your hurt, Bonnie....

mf_surrender.gifmf_surrender.gifmf_surrender.gif

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Neil D

• Dr. Shane

• bonnie

• Parade Orange

Quote:

Neil D said:

Quote:

Kind of interesting isn't it? The choice of words. "Rumor has it", "You get the general idea Cheney is a rich boy that never gets his boots scuffed" "I wouldn't press charges either against the guy that shot me (or something similar as if it is a forgone conclusion this was a warning of some kind)

Bonnie,

You are taking my posts FAR to seriously....

I could write more, but with our history, I doubt that you would even try to listen, let alone practice humor....

May I point you to my tagline, and pray that you will understand that public officials were the subjects of humor, even by Jesus...After all, whoever suspected a pharasee more like a seplichare, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones....

Quote:

“If you haven’t enough religion to make anyone else happy, it is not surprising that you are not happy yourself.”—Unknown, Signs of the Times, June 18, 1896.

Go have some fun and heal your hurt, Bonnie....

mf_surrender.gifmf_surrender.gifmf_surrender.gif

Neil,

You are quite wrong, that is one funny post. You were not the one that really surprised me. Not sure where you see any hurt in this, but each to his own.

Poking fun at politicians or public figures is one thing. Even at times if it were in bad taste. Making statements that come very close to accusing one of deliberately shooting a friend as a warning to silence him is not funny to most.

Clio was very clear what she meant and I can respect her for that. Whether I agree with her or not, she stands by what she says and gives her reasons why. She didn't shy sideways and pass it off as humor. Maybe that is why under most circumstances I enjoy reading discussions that she is active in

Bonnie

Bonnie

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

Quote:

Clio was very clear what she meant and I can respect her for that. Whether I agree with her or not, she stands by what she says and gives her reasons why. She didn't shy sideways and pass it off as humor. Maybe that is why under most circumstances I enjoy reading discussions that she is active in

What you are saying is that I don't stand by what I say, and I 'shy sideways' and then attempt to pass it off as humor.

Perhaps there is another reason that I don't do with you, what Clio has done...It takes too much effort and I just don't want to spend that much time with you. And I have taken the time and stood by my words, but you like to pick them apart...And quite frankly, you do, ...or at least in the past, you did a poor job of it...and it was difficult to follow you...

That is why I "sidestep' with you...

As before, you can have the last word, as I am done with this discussion with you.....

Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed no better than we deserve.

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

bonnie said:

I don't think this is a bit of fun..........

Just doesn't sound humorous to me at all

OK have it your way. Yes, I'm on a grand conspiracy with Clio and Neil to tarbrush Cheney. No, I have neither a life nor anything better to do. Aw, doggone it, you caught me. laughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.gif

Quote:

Really isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things, I doubt seriously whether the lives of Cheney or the friend of his that was injured will be altered in the least by comments here.

Sure seems to have bent you out of shape though.

Quote:

It does get rather interesting tho how one forum anything goes to discredit, to demean, to speculate, to spread rumor, all in fun at times Of Course, then to skip to others and see something so very different coming out of the same person. Then we can be positively incensed at the mere thought that is what the other guy maybe doing.

Yes I'm into channeling J.R. Layman these days. It's my newest hobby. I find it strangely liberating. It's part of Project Love Your Enemies. First you become what you hate, and then you admit enjoying the experience, thus liberating you from the hate, and then you end up loving others [your 'neighbor'] you once hated "as you love yourself." I might just try channeling you next. You never know. grin.gif

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

Quote:

Gay4JESUS said:

Where do SDA's stand on the issue of HUNTING ???

eating the duckmeat is one thing(another topic) but what about the 'sport' of it

G4J - some "SDAs" are very into target shooting on the internet. They pick their favorite targets and keep shooting, time and time again. It's an interesting exercise if you ever get targeted, to see how many stages you will pass through in the experience. There's the anger stage, the denial stage, the "am I just paranoid and making this up?" stage, the "they just want me to believe I'm paranoid and making this up" stage, the tedium stage, the boredom stage, and finally the grand prize: the humour stage. That's when their verbal bullets actually TICKLE you and you find it incredibly amusing that while you have been growing and changing, they've been stuck in their sad little rut of PDO (Public Displays of Obsession). Probably after the humour stage comes a compassion stage but I'm not that far advanced yet. I'm having too much fun laughing. "A merry heart doeth good like medicine." Hey, at the very least, it keeps the hate at bay. grin.gif

Love,

Nico

Hi Bonnie

Nice to meet u

Bonny: beautiful to look at

Scores of irish or scottish poetry uses that beautiful descriptive word.

O Bonny Swan! err.. somthin mittelgr124.gif

I love that name!

I cant stand the republican mindset. It gets me goin.

However I have the dearest most wonderful sweeties in my life who are rightwingnut died in the wool Bushloving Reagonworshiping zealots.

We lovingly gaze at each other. We love and understand each other. WE hold transparent fusing connecting praiseworthy fellowship cause of JESUS. Yet we are blue state red state.

I cant stand Bush and any of his bloodlusting heavys. And I adore Clinton(not the booboo's or the nono's).

We rib each other all the time and we discuss. And sometimes I make a point 'they' get. And 'they' make a point 'we' get. It creates B A L A N C E !!! DOVE.gif

its a great blessing to get balance. it could be said that thats the straight and narrow way. not all on one side.

In the deep Lighted narrow way in the center. Where JESUS is.

Praise GOD!

When a republican screws up I insert one of my fav people(like madonna or oprah) and put em there. Falling.gif

Lets say that Oprah is shopping in a fabu french boutique in Chicago and accidently bumps Madonna with her satinbowed shopping cart in the face,neck and torso. O the horrors. I would take 24 hours to get a grip and brace for the PRESS.

It was an accident.

Im glad no one died. they already have mass graves somwhere else cause it would cost too much money for better protection. But I digress.

My parents gave my brother a BB gun at a young age and he accidently(it was an accident-I was there!) shot out my grandfathers sliding glass door(into the kitchen and family gathering area). We took hours discussing the truth before we went to our grandfather. i felt so bad for my brother.

Today he is a redneck and hunts deer (o my my).

and the lesson is never learned. Dont give guns to kids!!!!

no matter what the age.

Group.gif the teaming millions agree

God Bless

untitled.bmp

Gay4JESUS cool.gif

All progress in the Spiritual Life is knowing and Loving GOD

"there is non upon earth that I desire besides YOU" PS 73:25

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

Quote:

Nicodema said:

Quote:

bonnie said:

I don't think this is a bit of fun..........

Just doesn't sound humorous to me at all

OK have it your way. Yes, I'm on a grand conspiracy with Clio and Neil to tarbrush Cheney. No, I have neither a life nor anything better to do. Aw, doggone it, you caught me. laughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.gif

Quote:

Really isn't all that important in the grand scheme of things, I doubt seriously whether the lives of Cheney or the friend of his that was injured will be altered in the least by comments here.

Sure seems to have bent you out of shape though.

Quote:

It does get rather interesting tho how one forum anything goes to discredit, to demean, to speculate, to spread rumor, all in fun at times Of Course, then to skip to others and see something so very different coming out of the same person. Then we can be positively incensed at the mere thought that is what the other guy maybe doing.

Yes I'm into channeling J.R. Layman these days. It's my newest hobby. I find it strangely liberating. It's part of Project Love Your Enemies. First you become what you hate, and then you admit enjoying the experience, thus liberating you from the hate, and then you end up loving others [your 'neighbor'] you once hated "as you love yourself." I might just try channeling you next. You never know. grin.gif

Nico,

I am not really sure what that outburst was all about. Mostly what I said was actually directed at Clio's response, to which I apologize to her. She at least without blowing her top, responded with reasons, not reactions, or trying to pass it off as humor. Whether they are correct or I agree or not really couldn't matter less. It is obvious she does not agree with me either. So, the world isn't about to end because of it.

Bent out of shape, Nah, not the way you think. Just kind of interesting sometimes to watch and read.

Not really interested in your channeling either. How J.R Layman got into this is kind of a puzzle, but Oh, Well.

Not sure if you are saying you might make me next for channeling because you hate me with this......

Nico said

First you become what you hate, and then you admit enjoying the experience, thus liberating you from the hate, and then you end up loving others [your 'neighbor'] you once hated "as you love yourself." I might just try channeling you next. You never know. :

Still back at the ranch trying to figure out how Cheney accidently or otherwise shooting a friend ended up with this.

Never felt the need to hate you so if this is the way you get over hating someone go for it.

Personally, I think this whole thing has gotten rather silly.

Sounds like a lot of energy to expend to get over hating someone

Bonnie

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Gay4Jesus,

You did give me a chuckle, have to admit. I am part scottish.

I understand about the mindset. Only in reverse. We have a large family and only one is democrat. He admits to it once in awhile.

We love him anyway. Got to teach the kiddies about guns if they are to be around them. Then keep them away when parents aren't around. We were hurt numerous times, but never from a gun. Always those harmless things.

Bonnie

Quote:

bonnie said:

... that outburst ... She at least without blowing her top ... responded with reasons, not reactions, or trying to pass it off as humor ... couldn't matter less ... Not really interested in your ... Sounds like a lot of energy to expend to get over ...

Here -- you dropped something... (*hands you back your bucket of bait*)

Quote:

Personally, I think this whole thing has gotten rather silly.

I quite agree. But I have to admit, you totally outdid me in that department. I don't think I've EVER heard anyone before refer to someone laughing their head off as having an "outburst" or "blowing their top". That has to win some kind of utter silliness award. laughhard.giflaughhard.giflaughhard.gif

Quote:

Shane said:

I have not been hunting as long as Chenney but I have never been taught that rule. From what I have read, the victem was to call himself out as he approached Chenney and the others. A guy I work with mentioned to us that he did the same thing when he was young. Only he shot his father but it was also with a shot gun while quail hunting. This kind of thing is much more common than most know.

"More common that most know"?????

First off, let me quote to you from one of your Texas newspaper editors/reporters-

[:"green"]But Doug Pike, an outdoors reporter at the Houston Chronicle who, like many such writers has been drafted to work the story, reports [:"red"]that the accident is rare.[/] He said his reporting since Sunday found that Texas had only 2.7 hunting accidents per 100,000 hunting licenses sold in 2005. "That is the lowest since 1966 when they started keeping records," he said. "It is uncommon." [/]

So don't tell me that these accidents are "common"....They are not, at least, NOT in YOUR neck of the woods.

Second thing that you guys need to know, regarding the NRA hunter safty course, ...That is there is NO such thing as an 'accident'. YOU are RESPONSIBLE for the operation of said gun. Shooting thru tall grass is not "safe shooting". The target must be in view before assuming the responsibility of pulling the trigger. And coming from a family that does hunting, I can assure you, that when I went thru my family's hunting rules, we were held responsible for pulling that trigger and where that bullet went.

As I have said before, there are rumors from Wyoming that tell of Cheney as a gucci cowboy or a gucci hunter...

There are some serious questions as to how this 'accident' came to be reported. Did you all understand that this accident happened 24 hours BEFORE it was 'leaked' to the Corpus Christi paper? Granted, it is NOT national security, but still it is news....

There is a discreptancy regarding the how the story was to be leaked to the press, but to me, that is inmaterial at this point. IOWs, I don't see a need to make a big deal about it. It is of interest that the press is infering that either the reporter misrepresented what was told him, or the reporter's source, Mrs Armstrong was not telling the truth, or the White House did not tell the truth. So, SOMEONE is not telling us the truth....

I guess it's gotta be that left wing newspaper/reporter....Even if he is from the National Review Online ...

George Bernard Shaw

I shared my story about duck hunting, being shot at and seeing the pellets hit the water in front of us. The ranch owner in this story admitted that she had been peppered herself. I went to work today and one of the subcontractors tells me he shot his dad when he was younger. Now this is just my experience but it seems this kind of thing isn't that uncommon.

Quote:

coming from a family that does hunting

An experienced hunter knows well how these kinds of accidents happen. End of story. Those that are not hunters may find it hard to grasp. I almost blew my buddy's head off once. I forgot he was next to me and pulled the trigger with the end of my barrel 6" from his head (it was not pointed at him). He couldn't hear anything for a couple of days.

You know, I haven't seen any story that has reported if Chenney actually killed the bird he was aiming at.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:

shared my story about duck hunting, being shot at and seeing the pellets hit the water in front of us.

I know that this is gonna sound real mean, but....

Birds of a feather flock together....

And just because your fowl group is less than intelligent when it comes to gun safety, doesn't mean that the rest of us fly in your formation either....

Concider yourself held accountable for your stupid actions with the gun. And because you opened your mouth and told thier stories, concider them as stupid regarding gun safety as you are.

I know that this is harsh, but better to recieve this tongue lashing over stupid actions with a gun than regret the death of a friend.

George Bernard Shaw

Hunting accidents, especially of this type, are common enough not to be a big deal. The fact that the shooter was the vice president of course makes it news. But the only thing I see as being a serious problem was the turf war between the feds and the locals, when the Secret Service refused to allow local law enforcement to question Cheney about the shooting, which the law requires that they must do. The lengthy delay between the event and the reporting of it suggests that perhaps at first there was some hope of hushing it all up. But of course when the victim was admitted to the hospital and the doctor realized he had been shot, he is required by law to report it, so local law enforcement had to get involved. Then the Secret Service obstructed justice by refusing local law enforcement to have access to the vice president.

• Moderators

...and perhaps to check his blood alcohol level... not an allegation, not a theory, not even really a speculation... but that's one very good reason you'd not want to talk to the cops for a day after an accident.

Truth is important

Bravus! You finally fixed your avatar!! laugh.gif

Meaning it's not ... uh.... all "pixelly" like it used to be. Looks a lot better. laugh.gif

• Moderators

Danke ma'am - yeah, I spent a couple of hours on Sunday messing with it, and ended up making a special one for each of my forums, rather than trying to use one everywhere. I'm happy with him now.

Truth is important

AP - 32 minutes ago

CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas - The 78-year-old lawyer who was shot by Vice President Dick Cheney in a hunting accident has some birdshot in or touching his heart and he had "a silent heart attack" Tuesday morning, hospital officials said. The victim, Harry Whittington, was immediately moved back to the intensive care unit for further treatment, said Peter Banko, the administrator at Christus Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Memorial in Texas.

George Bernard Shaw

By LANCE GAY Scripps Howard News Service

February 14, 2006

The first shooting involving a vice president since the time of Aaron Burr has lit up the blogosphere with political jokesters lampooning Vice President Dick Cheney's weekend hunting accident as "Quailgate."

"You know who's doing a 'there but for the grace of God go I'? Scalia," wrote comedian Al Franken on his Web site, referring to Cheney's longtime duck-hunting friend, Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia.

The Internet sprouted with offerings of "Dick Cheney hunts people" T-shirts and comments about calling the vice president "Deadeye Dick." There also was a version of the vice-presidential seal featuring a shotgun-wielding Elmer Fudd in hunting gear, with the inscription: "Be vewy vewy quiet, we're hunting I-wackies."

"Guns don't shoot people. The vice president shoots people," read one posting. The site Davezilla.com lampooned the difference between a hunter in a bright orange vest, and a quail.

Sarah and Jim Brady, founders of a leading gun-control group, blasted the vice president for his staunch support of guns.

"Now I understand why Dick Cheney keeps asking me to go hunting with him," Jim Brady said in a statement. "I had a friend once who accidentally shot pellets into his dog - and I thought he was an idiot."

Another blogger speculated that Cheney had never had to take mandatory classes in hunter safety because he managed to get five deferments, a reference to Cheney's success in avoiding the military draft during the Vietnam War.

At Political Cortex, deeper efforts to cover up the incident were discerned:

"So, what we have is an event shrouded in secrecy for almost 24 hours which, when disclosed, was accompanied by a fawning statement by a Bush apparatchik exonerating Cheney from any and all blame and/or liability. Thus, this appears to be yet another example of the Bush administration attempting to manipulate the press and perhaps hide the truth. What really happened on that ranch yesterday? Who the heck knows? What we do know is that, regardless of what actually happened, the administration spin-doctors immediately jumped in and crafted a story that put Cheney in the best possible light. And the 'traditional media' reported that story without any skepticism whatsoever."

George Bernard Shaw

Quote:

Nicodema said:

If he dies, things are gonna get ugly ...

sad25.gif

Granted I think Cheney's a crook, but I do NOT relish the thought of what this country would be plunged into if Whittington dies.

A heart where He alone has first place.

Bonnie U said that IM am disliked by most here? sad25.gif

?

and I thought we were on a Happy Boat to Heaven. Group.gif

Bonnie , thank for letting me in on the charade over me.

I wouldnt have guessed.

But what do I know?

mittelgr124.gif

That perspective changes EVERYTHING-suffering and adversity are the means that makes us hungry for GOD. Disapointments will wean us away wordly occupations. Even sin(when repented of) becomes a mechanism to push us closer to HIM as we experience His Love and Forgiveness.

Quote:

Gay4JESUS said:

Bonnie U said that IM am disliked by most here?
sad25.gif

?

and I thought we were on a Happy Boat to Heaven.
Group.gif

Bonnie , thank for letting me in on the charade over me.

I wouldnt have guessed.

But what do I know?

mittelgr124.gif

Wouldn't have guessed either. Haven't a clue. You can get back on your happy boat to heaven as that was never said by me to anyone, but most specifically to you. Get your facts straight, or

at least be sure where they come from

We can speculate till the second coming and the truth of the matter is we don't know. But I suspect it is as Gay4Jesus says, he is disliked by most here so it is easy to accept this type of speculation.

Bonnie

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boy did I read that wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U derserve a public apology sorry.gif

mf_surrender.gif

IM so sorry!

see what happens when I starta postin! Im sorry Bonnie

I must say I was floored by what I thought I read.

I was going back and forth between self pitty and a 'so what atitude' or a brief "yes they do except Bob Sands"

anyhoo Im sorry Bonny .. still love your name cool.gif

[looking for a flower]

i.p.emrose.gif

Please accept my aplogy

Humbly your servant dancingman2.gif

Gay4JESUS

Quote:

Gay4JESUS said:

We can speculate till the second coming and the truth of the matter is we don't know. But I suspect it is as Gay4Jesus says, he is disliked by most here so it is easy to accept this type of speculation.

Bonnie

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Boy did I read that wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U derserve a public apology
sorry.gif

mf_surrender.gif

IM so sorry!

see what happens when I starta postin! Im sorry Bonnie

I must say I was floored by what I thought I read.

I was going back and forth between self pitty and a 'so what atitude' or a brief "yes they do except Bob Sands"

anyhoo Im sorry Bonny .. still love your name
cool.gif

[looking for a flower]

i.p.emrose.gif

Please accept my aplogy

Humbly your servant
dancingman2.gif

Gay4JESUS

Let's try the whole thing. First, did "Gay4Jesus say he was disliked by most here" or were we talking about Cheney?? You had already along with others expressed your dislike for the man.

Here is the whole post, might help you a bit.

And BTW, I don't have servants. Other than that no apology necessary. Mistakes happen

Neither you or I will ever settle one way or another whether it was an accident or not. But as for Cheney being experienced hunter and making that kind of a mistake, it happens.

My brother's are very experienced hunter's. One shot himself in the foot. Caused himself all sorts of embarrassment as it was obvious he violated the most basic of safety rules. We nicknamed him Nimrod the mighty hunter for a long time. My older brother was also shot in the foot by a friend, an experienced hunter. Also violated a safety rule. My brother didn't sue him, there was no punishment, just a lot of remorse for shooting a friend.