ClubAdventist is back!

jezreel55

The Bible speaks about it and the Spirit of Prophecy confirms it, But have you heard?

Malachi 4:5

Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord: "

Testimony to Ministers and Gospel Workers pg. 475

"Prophecy must be fulfilled. The Lord says: “Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.” Somebody is to come in the spirit and power of Elijah, and when he appears, men may say: “You are too earnest, you do not interpret the Scriptures in the proper way. Let me tell you how to teach your message.” 

Matthew 17:11-12

10 And his disciples asked him, saying, Why then say the scribes that Elias must first come?

11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.

12 But I say unto you, That Elias is come already, and they knew him not, but have done unto him whatsoever they listed. Likewise shall also the Son of man suffer of them.

Note that by the time we reach Matthew 17 John the baptist had already died back in Matthew 14. So then why in verse 11 did Jesus use future tense, "Shall Come". We know verse 12 must be referring to John the baptist, but what about verse 11 why did Jesus use the future tense?

Rev 14 speaks about the message that we carry as a Church, the Three Angels Messages, but what about the other angel in Rev 18, Who comes down with "great power"?

Great Controversy pg.610

" The angel who unites in the proclamation of the third angel’s message is to lighten the whole earthwith his glory. A work of world-wide extent and unwonted power is here foretold. The Advent movement of 1840-44 was a glorious manifestation of the power of God; the first angel’s message was carried to every missionary station in the world, and in some countries there was the greatest religious interest which has been witnessed in any land since the Reformation of the sixteenth century; but these are to be far exceeded by the mighty movement under the last warning of the third angel. "

The Bible speaks about it and the Spirit of Prophecy confirms it, But have you heard? Can you refute the more sure word?