ClubAdventist is back!

Mohammed Ali

• Administrators

"The Greatest," boxer has died at 74. He suffered a long time with Parkinson's disease.

:( 

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

• Members

He seemed to become a pretty humble person in his latter years. I didn't really care for his antics, but he was definitely one of the best boxers. The thing that stood out for me, was the fact that he stood up for what he believed and than didn't run away like many others.

• Like 2

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

As I remember his original name was Cassius Clay and when he accepted the Muslim faith he changed his name to Mohammed Ali. Considering the punishment his body was subjected to it is no surprise he died of neurological damage and surprising he lasted so long.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

It is amazing how many of my Facebook friends have met or spend time with Muhammed Ali. Part of it is because he lived next to the Seventh-day Adventist theological centre and often ate there. I believe he sent his kids to the Elementary School, and relatives of his are Adventists as well. I met him at the International Hotel in San Diego, where i mistakenly sat at his breakfast table when he was up for the buffet, I though the chair was occupied by another friend of mine. Surprised when he sat down to the table with his 2 body guards. He signed a tract for me that he wrote something about Jesus couldn't have been father by the God the father as sex was an animal instinct there for it could not happen, I did not know then that the Prophet Muhammed states Jesus was born of a virgin birth. 

Ran into him, which means I saw him from a short distance, when he was in Calgary doing some TV ads, for I think it was Renfrew furs.

If you receive benefit to being here please help out with expenses.

https://www.paypal.me/clubadventist

Administrator of a few websites like https://adventistdating.com

• Administrators

My sketchy connection to Muhammed Ali was that during the 70's I was a karate student of one of his trainer/sparring partners that used to work with him at his Deer Lake training camp.  

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)