ClubAdventist is back!

Bible verses forbidden...

Jessie-Jess

Even though students are legally allowed to do so, this child was banned from handing out Bible verses, even outside of school property, just in case it might "offend" someone. So because someone might be offended, should someone else who would be blessed by the Bible verse, perhaps even encouraged to live while they are on the verge of suicide, be forbidden to receive it because a boy is forbidden to give it? 

Yes, our literature, though offensive to some, has been used to save lives...But for fear of offending some, should we let others die in hopelessness?

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news-and-features/af-blog/article/id/13948/t/the-bible-banned

JESSIE-JESS 

thank  you for  posting  this  story-----the BIBLE  tells  us  to  spread  the  gospel

I  offer   small tracts  that  i  can  carry in my shirt pocket--  some people  take them ---some  people  do  not

but  i  always  tell the  people if they  take the tract to please  read  it---then   after i  hand out tracts i  pray

that the  people  read  them

dgrimm60

• Like 2

• Members
On 6/7/2016 at 10:04 PM, Jessie-Jess said:

Even though students are legally allowed to do so, this child was banned from handing out Bible verses, even outside of school property, just in case it might "offend" someone. So because someone might be offended, should someone else who would be blessed by the Bible verse, perhaps even encouraged to live while they are on the verge of suicide, be forbidden to receive it because a boy is forbidden to give it? 

Yes, our literature, though offensive to some, has been used to save lives...But for fear of offending some, should we let others die in hopelessness?

http://www.amazingfacts.org/news-and-features/af-blog/article/id/13948/t/the-bible-banned

Kind of reminds us about the 1260 year prophecy/middle ages, where the Bible was also forbidden!!

• Like 1

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

My 7 year-old grandson is unabashedly in love with Jesus.  He was complaining to me the other night that has been disciplined in the public school he goes to for talking about Jesus and God; and singing praise music (even though he is singing to himself).  He's excited about going to a Christian school in the fall.

10 hours ago, JoeMo said:

My 7 year-old grandson is unabashedly in love with Jesus.  He was complaining to me the other night that has been disciplined in the public school he goes to for talking about Jesus and God; and singing praise music (even though he is singing to himself).  He's excited about going to a Christian school in the fall.

Sad :(...Are the parents in support of your grandson or the school system? (You don't have to answer if it's private or if you don't want to.). I hope the boy is encouraged and strengthened by God to continue. May God bless him. 

14 hours ago, phkrause said:

Kind of reminds us about the 1260 year prophecy/middle ages, where the Bible was also forbidden!!

Yeah...it does seem that way. We're getting there...

On 6/9/2016 at 8:18 PM, dgrimm60 said:

JESSIE-JESS 

thank  you for  posting  this  story-----the BIBLE  tells  us  to  spread  the  gospel

I  offer   small tracts  that  i  can  carry in my shirt pocket--  some people  take them ---some  people  do  not

but  i  always  tell the  people if they  take the tract to please  read  it---then   after i  hand out tracts i  pray

that the  people  read  them

dgrimm60

We will never know until we get to Heaven just how the Lord has used these or how many lives He has touched through them. May God bless you as you continue to work in His strength, letting Him work through you. May God be praised and may God bless you.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 7:20 PM, Jessie-Jess said:

Sad :(...Are the parents in support of your grandson or the school system? (You don't have to answer if it's private or if you don't want to.). I hope the boy is encouraged and strengthened by God to continue. May God bless him. 

We are all supporting our grandson.  His mom even wrote a letter to the public school concerning her outrage over the hypocrisy of telling her son to quit talking to other kids about Jesus while the school teaches tolerance of just about everything contrary to Jesus (including many non-Christian religions).  It seems like the only thing government operated facilities and their PC cronies can't tolerate is Jesus and His nutty followers.

New School Prayer by a 15 year-old kid who actually got an A in class for this assignment.:

Now I sit me down in school  
Where praying is against the rule  
For this great nation under God  
Finds mention of Him very odd.  

If scripture now the class recites,  
It violates the Bill of Rights.  
And anytime my head I bow  
Becomes a Federal matter now.  

Our hair can be purple, orange or green,  
That's no offense; it's a freedom scene..  
The law is specific, the law is precise.  
Prayers spoken aloud are a serious vice.  

For praying in a public hall  
Might offend someone with no faith at all..  
In silence alone we must meditate,  
God's name is prohibited by the State..

We're allowed to cuss and dress like freaks,  
And pierce our noses, tongues and cheeks...  
They've outlawed guns, but FIRST the Bible.  
To quote the Good Book makes me liable.  

We can elect a pregnant Senior Queen,  
And the 'unwed daddy,' our Senior King.  
It's 'inappropriate' to teach right from wrong,  
We're taught that such 'judgments' do not belong..  

We can get our condoms and birth controls,  
Study witchcraft, vampires and totem poles...  
But the Ten Commandments are not allowed,  
No word of God must reach this crowd.  

It's scary here I must confess,  
When chaos reigns the school's a mess.  
So, Lord, this silent plea I make:  
Should I be shot; My soul please take!  
                                                          Amen  

• Like 2

14 hours ago, JoeMo said:

New School Prayer by a 15 year-old kid who actually got an A in class for this assignment.:

Where did you find this?

• Members

That's an amazing prayer JoeMo, by this 15 yo. Jesus tells us that the world will hate us because of him. We can see that taking shape in our world today.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

7 hours ago, Jessie-Jess said:

Where did you find this?

It was sent to me by one of the people in my "Book Club" (Bible Study) at work.  Someone sent it to her.  It was one of those things that Christians send to other Christians over the internet.  I usually ignore them; but this was meaningful to me.

7 minutes ago, JoeMo said:

It was sent to me by one of the people in my "Book Club" (Bible Study) at work.  Someone sent it to her.  It was one of those things that Christians send to other Christians over the internet.  I usually ignore them; but this was meaningful to me.

It's something I might like to share on one or more of my sites if the original author or source is known. Perhaps I'll look it up later.

Friend of ours will no longer substitute teach in the local high school.  There's only one.  This is a small town.  He says it's just getting to rough - to much threat of violence. 

How can kids learn in such an environment?  Our society is become more and more like ancient Rome.

• Like 1

8thdaypriest

• Administrators

Or in the days of Noah...

• Like 1

Isaiah 32:17 And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.