ClubAdventist is back!

Laodicean Theology

Dr. Shane

Quote:

The message to the Laodiceans is applicable to Seventh-day Adventists who have had great light and have not walked in the light. It is those who have made great profession, but have not kept in step with their Leader, that will be spewed out of His mouth unless they repent.

MR311

Quote:

There is in some of the members of the church, pride, self-sufficiency, stubborn unbelief, and a refusing to yield their ideas, although evidence may be piled upon evidence which makes the message to the Laodicean church applicable. But that will not blot out the church that it will not exist. Let both tares and wheat grow together until the harvest. Then it is the angels that do the work of separation.

ibid

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

Quote:

Shane said:

Quote:

A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice without getting nervous.

While I don't see 'twice without getting nervous' as indicative of the following, it doesn't make sense to test God to find where the line is drawn.

[:"red"] "...Through the hypocrisy and pretensions of liars whose consciences are seared (cauterized)..." [/] 1 Tim 4:2 AMP

DOVE.gif

Lift Jesus up!!

• 2 weeks later...

Pride is bad stuff alright. Pride & rebellion lay at the door of national Israel's failures. May spiritual Israel acknowledge & repent of those things (myself included)..

olger

"Please don't feed the drama queens.."

Quote:

Shane said:

A well adjusted person is one who makes the same mistake twice without getting nervous.

Did I miss something? Where did Shane say THAT? LOL.

I guess I will NEVER BE "well adjusted" then! I don't particularly feel calm about doing the same dumb things over and over again. Although I guess "nervous" doesn't describe how that makes me feel either. Words like "stupid" and "hopeless" speak more truly to that.

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

Quote:

Where did Shane say THAT?

I didn't. That would be one of my quotes from Alexander Hamilton. He was the first guy shot by a vice-president grin.gif Kind of odd but does stimulate thought.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity