ClubAdventist is back!

Voting this year?

I'll be voting, but not for Hillary. I'm hoping that something amazing and unexpected happens at the conventions and these two say "just kidding" and the real candidates show up---I know, wishful thinking.

To be completely honest, I don't think it matters who becomes president, this world is set on a certain course and certain things have to happen so that Jesus comes back. If everything was perfect then Jesus wouldn't come back and this world is NOT my home.

For what will a man be profited, if he gains the whole world, and forfeits his soul? Mat. 16:26

Please, support the JDRF and help find a cure for Type 1 Diabetes. Please, support the March of Dimes.

• Moderators

I was pretty involved during the primaries, and for the first time I actually contributed a few hundred $ to the candidate I supported.  Unfortunately, he didn't make it.  Now we  have two candidates that I am deeply troubled voting for.

• Moderators

The not voting out of protest makes it too easy to be confused with the passive uninterested. And I also don't believe that you have the right to complain if you don't vote. We do not have to vote for one of those two parties. Giving a protest vote for a third party might be enough to get the third party in a place to be taken more seriously. There is both the Liberal and Green party, and maybe someone else here can also offer other choices, even if you don't support them as such at least you can at least make more options in the future by giving a third party the chance to give more voices.

This is a tough election for me. I have liked much that Donald Trump has written in his books. I like it that he seems more like a constitutionalist than globalist, however he has a few other ideas mixed in which is unkind to other people which I frankly don't like. After the Reagan-Bush years, the Bill Clinton years were not too bad. Granted you knew that actually he worked for the same people as Reagan-Bush (although we can argue over how much in Reagan was a willingness and how much was forced upon him.) but he at least he pretended to be on our side. We then had G. W. Bush and returned to the open siding with the globalists. I was expecting Obama to like Clinton pretend to be on our side. I was expecting Hillary to act like her husband did, but she was just as Bush and Obama; clearly siding with the globalists. Showing an attitude of uncaring for the common people. There was a veteran with a quiet protest sign once where she spoke and she had him thrown out as if he was a loud trouble maker. I was afraid that this election was going to give us a choice of more of the same with the globalists giving us a choice between their Republican or Democrat puppet.

I was initially excited when Brother Ben Carson was running. Seventh-day Adventists tend to be thinkers and at least appear to be about 1/3 Republican, 1/3 Democrat, and 1/3 independent or other. And we tend to lean more towards being liberal Republicans or conservative Democrats. I was shocked to hear that Brother Carson sounded just like a typical conservative Republican.

Of course I have also tended to support the constitutionalist candidates such as Ron and Rand Paul, Dennis Kucinich,  Pat Buchannan and Ralph Nader.

• Like 1

I'm hoping that something amazing and unexpected happens at the conventions and these two say "just kidding" and the real candidates show up---I know, wishful thinking.

It may end up as a last-man-standing scenario. Maybe last man, or woman, alive.

The Parable of the Lamb and the Pigpen https://www.createspace.com/3401451

• Moderators

I find it quite amazing how many Christians say they'll vote for Trump. I guess his racism, bigotry and lack of a concrete plan on most things is plan to see so they know what they are getting. American Christians have been able to sit with bigotry and racism in the past why not do it again.

Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence.

Einstein

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 6:55 PM, Kevin H said:

Of course I have also tended to support the constitutionalist candidates such as Ron and Rand Paul, Dennis Kucinich,  Pat Buchannan and Ralph Nader.

I am also interested in the Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson.  I lived in New Mexico when he was governor; and he was a great governor (comparatively speaking).  I don't agree with everything he says; but I think he is trying to steer us in a better direction.

While I would agree that this election is a "dumpster fire", I will NOT vote for Hillary.  I saw the video of her saying, "Deeply held religious beliefs will have to be changed".  What beliefs would those be?  Beliefs based on the Biblical prohibition against homosexual practice?  A vote for Hillary will stack the Supreme Court for the next 40 years.  Persecution of Christian's who do not want to participate in SCOTUS "marriage" ceremonies will increase.  Also persecution of Christian parents (and Christian schools) who do not want their daughters to shower with males who think they are females. 

I will also NOT vote for an "independent", because that would be a vote for Hillary. 

• Like 2

8thdaypriest

HC is a liar.   She places her own personal interest over the nation's interest.  She gets rich by lying all the time.  Anyone who wants to vote HC should have one's brain examined. She thinks she is above the law.

There was a tv program once said even a very sincere  and honest person goes to Washington she/he becomes corrupt within a year!

On 7/8/2016 at 9:40 AM, 8thdaypriest said:

I will also NOT vote for an "independent", because that would be a vote for Hillary. 

Sooooo ... will you vote for the Donald?  Just a rhetorical question.

Any candidate can promise all they want.  Truth is that none of them will be able to fulfill most of their promises without the cooperation of Congress; which they will nor get unless voters completely clean house the the existing self-serving corrupt narcissists who currently aren't running the country.

That being said, HC belongs in prison for what she has done.

3 hours ago, whbae said:

HC is a liar.   She places her own personal interest over the nation's interest.  She gets rich by lying all the time.  Anyone who wants to vote HC should have one's brain examined. She thinks she is above the law.

There was a tv program once said even a very sincere  and honest person goes to Washington she/he becomes corrupt within a year!

It has been proven to be true. She is above the law

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

• Administrators

And Trump is a Boy Scout?

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

32 minutes ago, Tom Wetmore said:

And Trump is a Boy Scout?

So the best defense of Hilary Clinton is that Trump isn't a Boy Scout?

Odd that is your defense of Clinton as I haven't read of anyone singing Trump's praises as a Boy Scout. He certainly wouldn't be my choice but there are few area's where he is head and shoulder's above the totally corrupt Clinton's.

I don't think he would have had the classified e-mail investigation,I think Benghazi would have had a different outcome

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

• Administrators

The idea that Hillary is totally corrupt is a manufactured political smear campaign that has never had any real substance. No accusation pan out to have any real evidence.  Millions of taxpayer money wasted by the congressional republicans for what?  Nothing there. And Gowdy even had to tamper with the evidence to try to support his political witch hunt.  She is overwhelmingly better qualified and experienced to be president than Trump ever will be.

as for Trump's corruption and incompetence, there is a truckload of real evidence.  A string of business failures and bankruptcies, a long history of stiffing creditors and contractors working for him, a bogus "Universtiy" over which there is still litigation, and two states attorney generals got hefty reelection campaign contributions from Trump after they drop their investigation/lawsuit about the consumer fraud of that bogus school.  Smells like a bribe doesn't it?  And that is just the tip of the iceberg.  Trump accuses everybody of things he is 10 times worse about. Like lying.  Fact checkers can hardly keep up with the flood of misinformation, falsehoods and outright lies coming out of his mouth, every time he opens it.  More than 90% of what he says, the independent fact checkers have conformed to be at least partly false to outright completely false.  No politician does really well, but Hiliary is far and away more reliable in what she says than Trump. 

• Like 2

"Absurdity reigns and confusion makes it look good."

"Sinless perfection is such a shallow goal."

"I love God only as much as the person I love the least."

*Forgiveness is always good news. And that is the gospel truth.

(And finally, the ideas expressed above are solely my person views and not that of any organization with which I am associated.)

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Tom Wetmore said:

The idea that Hillary is totally corrupt is a manufactured political smear campaign that has never had any real substance. No accusation pan out to have any real evidence.  Millions of taxpayer money wasted by the congressional republicans for what?  Nothing there. And Gowdy even had to tamper with the evidence to try to support his political witch hunt.  She is overwhelmingly better qualified and experienced to be president than Trump ever will be.

as for Trump's corruption and incompetence, there is a truckload of real evidence.  A string of business failures and bankruptcies, a long history of stiffing creditors and contractors working for him, a bogus "Universtiy" over which there is still litigation, and two states attorney generals got hefty reelection campaign contributions from Trump after they drop their investigation/lawsuit about the consumer fraud of that bogus school.  Smells like a bribe doesn't it?  And that is just the tip of the iceberg.  Trump accuses everybody of things he is 10 times worse about. Like lying.  Fact checkers can hardly keep up with the flood of misinformation, falsehoods and outright lies coming out of his mouth, every time he opens it.  More than 90% of what he says, the independent fact checkers have conformed to be at least partly false to outright completely false.  No politician does really well, but Hiliary is far and away more reliable in what she says than Trump. 

I continue to be amazed at how much the well-intentioned, serious people swallow Trump's line hook, line and sinker.   He's strictly a blowhard, nothing more.

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

Why did the White House and the State Dept blame the attack on an anti-Muslim video nobody saw? 

Why would Hillary set up her own private server if she had nothing to hide? Whether she did or did not sign OF-109, either way it makes her a felon.

Did Hillary say this?...“Laws have to be backed up with resources and political will,” she explained. “And deep-seated cultural codes, religious beliefs and structural biases have to be changed. As I have said and as I believe, the advancement of the full participation of women and girls in every aspect of their societies is the great unfinished business of the 21st century and not just for women but for everyone — and not just in far away countries but right here in the United States.”

http://www.theblaze.com/blog/2015/04/27/hillary-clinton-says-religious-beliefs-have-to-be-changed-on-abortion-heres-why-thats-ironic/

And no...I won't defend Trump either. Trump is preying on the U.S. like Hitler in pre WWII Germany.

If you want to make sure to win a game? Play both sides.

Your assurances concerning Clinton by going after Trump is meaningless. I believe he would be better than the Clintons in a few areas. Doesnt make him someone I trust or endorse.Or would even vote for

I have never liked Trump, have said so from the beginning. Never thought he was a Boy Scout. My dislike of Trump doesnt have anything to do with the corruption of the Clintons.                           She has quite a list of lies to her credit her spectacular lying public performance blaming "a vast right conspiracy" for the behaviour of her morally bankrupt husband was good.She knew he was a serial adulterer and worse before the WhiteHouse.One thing to keep a marriage together , quite another to do so by destroying women that came forward.She is cunning, I will give her that.

57 minutes ago, Jeannieb43 said:

I continue to be amazed at how much the well-intentioned, serious people swallow Trump's line hook, line and sinker.   He's strictly a blowhard, nothing more.

Many people are amazed at how many people swallow Hilary's line.I do think Trump would be better when it comes to religious liberty.Whether for public consumption or heartfelt Trump came across a lot better than Obama or Clinton concerning what took place in Dallas. Does make an impact.

I am not comfortable with either candidate.  If I vote for one of them, I will have to hold my nose to do so.  On the other hand, voting for anyone but Donald is a vote for Clinton.  I guess I disagree more with HC than I do with DT.

Like I said above, unless voters "clean house" in Congress in the elections, neither candidate will be able to make good on their threats or promises anyways.  The Congress has completely stopped functioning.

It is amazing that people believe what they want to believe such as Tom W.  No evidence of HC corruption? 

A news man just announced that HC received $200.000 ILLEGAL Donation via super pack.  Isn't this a sort of corruption.

What about Millions of dollars donated to Clinton foundation by Soudi Arabian government! 

Donal T is not a polished  politician. He speaks his mind just like rest of us, plain people. This is not the way a well polished and corrupt politician would go around and tell the people. Maybe, just maybe when he gets to Washington he will be like rest of the politicians who thinks his personal interest over the nation's. Maybe HC is a pathological liar that she does not know she is lying.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, whbae said:

A news man just announced that HC received $200.000 ILLEGAL Donation via super pack.  Isn't this a sort of corruption.

That "newsman" was obviously on Fox News.

• Like 1

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....