ClubAdventist is back!

(1) Going back to school - finances.

Nicodema

Yes, this was supposed to happen LAST year ... but it didn't. For a variety of reasons. Some my "fault" ... some not.

Be that as it may, it's happening this year. Only this time, because I've been working full time since last July, my ability to receive financial aid (e.g. government student loans) is severely curtailed. Because I've been working, I'm being "penalized" as it were, and don't qualify for as much aid as if I'd remained unemployed. And as I had to use up my small 401(k) savings last year to live on WHILE I was unemployed, I no longer have this to draw upon to get me through.

God said He'd make a way, and I believe Him, but I'm facing the consequences of not having pulled this together last year in time to go when I had the chance, and those consequences look pretty daunting.

I will also need money to bring with me to pay the rent while attending school in case a part time job is not immediately forthcoming ...

In short, the financial needs are pretty big, and I have no clue how they will all be met. So please keep me and this situation in prayer.

Thanks to all my friends here who have supported me emotionally and spiritually in the 2+ years I've been on C/A. Blessings to you all.

Nico

"After such knowledge, what forgiveness?" -- T.S. Eliot

Nico, I have learned (and am still learning) that God does not always hand out what we need on a plate, but, at the same time, He meets our needs -- day by day! Pretty frustrating at times! I like to have things organised up front! But, in the same way as God provided the manna in the wilderness -- just enough to meet the needs WHEN the need arose -- so it seems to me that He provides for our needs today. May God bless you as you take one day at a time with Him. He WILL provide!

Love,

Beryl

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.

• Moderators

Amen, Beryl. My week has been a bit like that - not finances, but on Monday I was faced with an overwhelming list of things (work) that needed doing. Over the next 3 days everything got dealt with, and everyone did well...."As thy days, so shall thy strength (or money) be".

True. Today was just an example of God's provision. On Thursday night I was awake worrying about how I was going to raise the needed $11,500 to get my dear friend to USA for her vital operation, because time was running out. Then I eventually just passed it back to the Lord (I should have just left it in His hands, anyway!), and went to sleep. This morning at church one of my friends came to me and checked on the amount needed, and said, "I think I can do that. I just have to check with someone else first." Why did I worry? I guess just because I am human!

He does provide as promised.

Beryl

"Grace is God doing for us, in us and through us that which He requires of us but which is impossible for us to do in or for ourselves."

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9.