ClubAdventist is back!

Satire:OBG – Slideshow: 15 Greatest disappointments of Adventists

news

• Members

ROFLMHO

2) After you do special music for church, no one says "Amen."

That's pretty funny.  LOL  One time for special music my church had gotten a music professor from the [secular] university here to play a beautiful violin piece.  He got to the middle of the concerto where there was a short "rest" in the music.  Our 88-yr-old "amen lady" started to bellow out her AAAA-MEN!, but only got out the "AAAA--" during the pause in the music before the professor started playing again.  I started shaking with silent laughter... That was over 45 years ago.  Just one of those "unforgettable moments"!!  LOL

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

• Moderators

Well at least she didn't start APPLAUDING in the middle of the concerto!

[People are applauding for special music in church so much these days that it really turns me off.    Applause is for the MUSICIAN, and in church we as musicians do NOT perform for ourselves, but for the glory of God.  "Amens" are appropriate -- at the end of the music, of course.]

• Like 1

Jeannie<br /><br /><br />...Change is inevitable; growth is optional....

If you find some value to this community, please help out with a few dollars per month.