ClubAdventist is back!

Windows 11

Gregory Matthews

• Moderators

O.K.  The formal title that Microsoft has given to their new OS is Windows 10 Build 1607.  But it is clearly such a major revision that in the past it might have been called Windows 11.  NOTE, it is a free upgrade.

This is a mandatory upgrade that Microsoft is automatically installing on Windows 10 computers.  It began installing in August and Microsoft states that it will continue being installed on Windows 10 computers well into November.  If you have Windows 10, it will be automatically installed on your computer at such a time as Microsoft decides to install it on your computer.

MS installed it on this computer yesterday and will install it on our other two computers at some  time in the future.  It took a good two hours to install it on this computer.

I just thought that I would open up a thread on this new OS for people to comment as they desire.

• Like 1

Gregory

At this point Microsoft is charging $199.00 for MS10. Glad I upgraded while it was still free.I like it until I find it no longer allows me to make my own choices.

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D

Lift Jesus up!!

• Members

I let it update to 10 on my wife's Dell. It must've done a few updates since and I got an email for a few more. As of right now some drivers need updating for sure. Will have to check it out this weekend! Otherwise 10 seems pretty nice. So far!! :)

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Many of those who tried to force the update early, including myself, found that if they hadn't been prompt with updating their antivirus software (I had been using AVG for a while), Windows would fail to start on rebooting. I had to do a clean install to fix it.   It appears that more patient people did not experience this problem. 

To be an agent of creation is to serve the Creator.

• 5 months later...
Guest PericaVerica

Windows 10 brought so many good features, but the time has come for Windows 11 to be unveiled. There has been so many speculation about the release date of the new OS circulating over the internet. Some rumors indicate that the Windows 10 is actually the last operating system from Microsoft, but many people are skeptical about this information as they are eagerly waiting for the confirmation of Windows 11.

People are so optimistic about the new arrival, and their expectations are going through the roof and this may be one of the reasons why the launch is postponed. We believe that Microsoft will soon officially announce the Windows 11, but until then, let’s take a look at what we know.

Source: https://www.opptrends.com/2017/01/windows-11-news-updates/

Oh, am I glad I left MS behind a long time ago.  They are going to a system which will be run by them and them alone as it will be cloud oriented.  They will always have a back door into your files, and because of that so will the government for MS gives the government the key to get in.  They cooperate fully with the NSA.  Privacy?  There will be none.

I will never pay for an upgrade and I have software that is fully updated by me on a daily basis.  Anything new comes down the pike on any software on my computer and I have the updates from one place no matter who made the software.  Plus, I really like the concept of open source software and the GNU public licensing.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

As I recall, thinking back in time, I found a way to force the hand of MS and to install it on my first computer prior to MS doing it.  I believe that I at a later time, forced it to be installed  on a 2nd computer in our home.  But, on a 3rd computer, I waited for  MS to install it  when it was ready to do so.

As I recall, I discovered a way in which one could have prevented MS from installing that new OS.  But, one had to be reasonably knowledgeable about computers in order to make to make it work.   NOTE:  I am not real well informed in regard to software.  But, I am a self-taught person who used to build my own computers from scratch.  Currently I do not do that as I can now purchase one for less than it  would cost me to build it.  Although two of my computers were custom built by DELL to my specifications for a very reasonable price.  The 3rd I purchased for my wife for an excellent price as it was a return to a major electronics chain at a time when that chain offered some items at a very good price just to get people into the store.  

Not, the bottom line is that MS really did not give people much of a choice as to  whether or not this new OS would be installed. 

There, as I recall, was a time limit during which it had to be installed.  It was free during that time period, if it was installed on a computer with a MS OS.   IOW, it was not free for installation on a computer that was new.   So, if I had been building a computer, it would not have been free.

In addition, MS offered people, as I understood it, free upgrades for life to people who installed it. 

The free upgrades installed on my 3 computers are such that at lease one could be considered a new OS rather than an upgrade.

Why did MS offer this new OS for free?  As I understand it,  MS was entering a new field of computerized products.  This new OS allowed ties to new computerized products that MS wanted contain a MAS OS.  MS believed that by having these links to full fledged computers, it could gain an advantage is selling   the OS to these new products.

Gregory

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

If you have Windows 10,  MS is in the middle of another major upgrade.   It did this computer last week.  It is doing another computer of mine as I write and  it has notified my wife's  computer that  it is about to upgrade it.

Gregory