ClubAdventist is back!

Wormie Dies

Dr. Shane

I guess he had lung cancer. I don't know if he was a smoker or not but if he was, making it to 81 was pretty good. I read he had no intention of retiring. He just made the Chicken Little movie and was still working with Max Lucado.

Pastoral Family Counselor... Find me at www.PostumCafe.com

Author of  Peculiar Christianity

For Immediate Release

Thomas Nelson

615-902-2742

Tommy Nelson Mourns the Loss of Don Knotts, Voice of Wormie in Max Lucados Hermie & Friends Video Series

(NASHVILLE, TN) Legendary comedic actor, Don Knotts, who is best known for his role as Barney Fife on the 1960s television hit, The Andy Griffith Show, has passed away. Knotts, who remained professionally active in the last years of his life, lent his talents to Max Lucados Hermie & Friends video series for the past three years as Hermies loveably grounded best-friend, Wormie. Knotts involvement in the Hermie & Friends series offered an incomparable caliber of performance and expertise to the series.

Don made a wonderful contribution as the voice of Wormie, bringing a quality of wholesomeness to the videos, said Max Lucado, creator of the Hermie & Friends series. His voice will be sorely missed, and his memory will be treasured by all.

Knotts can currently be heard in the role of Wormie in all six Hermie & Friends videos, including Stanley the Stinkbug Goes to Camp, the most recent Hermie & Friends release. Despite the loss of one of its most outstanding cast members, the series will remain on its current production schedule. Knotts voiceover had been previously recorded for the seventh video, To Share or Nut to Share, which is due out this fall. Wormie will remain a major character in all upcoming videos in the series, which will continue uninterrupted.

Don was a wonderful man with an incredible talent for making people smile, said Senior Vice President and Publisher Dan Lynch. As the Hermie & Friends series continues to grow and flourish in the future, we will always remember that Don was one of the people who helped launch this successful brand.

• 7 months later...

Well his final production was just released this month.

1400307228.jpg

Finishing such a long and distinguished carear in a Christian's child's video certainly is an honorable way to go.

• 3 weeks later...

Don Knotts lived his life in the eye of the camera entertaining children of all ages and will continue to do so for years to come. Imagine how many Don Knotts this world turns out that never get the opportunity to be known as was his good fortune. I pray that we will all take time to get to know those around us and appreciate the image of God in all of us.

annie