ClubAdventist is back!

Major Earthquake Strikes Trump Campaign

Gregory Matthews

7 hours ago, The Wanderer said:

Your posting nary shows any concern for peoples "christian behaviour." Theres way too much focus here on "sex stuff" as another poster so aptly put it. And by the looks of your post times you sit on the computer day and night to reply immediately to all offenders who dont have the same one track mind on such issues.

You may find this interesting as a reread and may nudge a memory or two for you..

A) the fallacy of ad hominem, which attacks the person rather than the argument. Instead of establishing the correctness or incorrectness of the argument, ad hominem may

1) belittle a person’s character: “He’s divorced. I wouldn’t trust him if I were you”
2) discounts a person’s circumstances: “Mary’s not a doctor. What does she know about health?”
3) or turn the argument back on the person: “You have no business telling me to avoid premarital sex. Mom was pregnant when she married you.”

A fallacy is an argument that looks correct but is not. It is a misconception resulting from incorrect reasoning. A fallacious argument is based on an incorrect or misleading notion or information, usually with intent to deceive or to be fraudulent, or to just "win" the argument. For example, in another thread, a forum member used the adhominem approach with me when I stated how I thought a certain post was "slander," and they stated that "I did not appear to understand the difference between slander and libel." At first glance that might sound right, for in a court of law, a distinction is made between libel and slander, because one is spoken, and the other one is in print form. But rather than address weather or not I actually was right or wrong, my knowledge/skill/qualifications were questioned. This kind of thing is a fallacy of irrelevance, and a very slanderous insinuation. Many forum members have had this done to them. Most of us, including certain forum admins are guilty of this from time to time, but we all need to note that the Bible clearly commands against slander:

They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed, and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, quarreling, deceit, and viciousness. They are gossips, slanderers, God-haters, haughty, arrogant, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to their parents, (Rom 1:29-30, ISV)

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

Quotes by Susan Gottesman

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

Again; your posts are twisting peoples words and actions, and motives. My comment, if you would slow down, read it carefully, and wait a few minutes before replying in such reactionary fashion, had nothing to do with how you spend your time, nor did it have anything to do with 'the sex stuff."  I was addressing the fact that no one can post on here without having to worry about an immediate, stinging "morality"  rebuke of some kind, as if somehow, only you have a grip on reality for this subject.

No I didn't twist your words or motive  ,this is pretty clear.......   And by the looks of your post times you sit on the computer day and night to reply immediately to all offenders who dont have the same one track mind on such issues.

1 hour ago, The Wanderer said:

What you keep repeating about the various politicians and their sex lives seems to be something you feel you know all about, and my question remains about how on earth do you think you know the truth about same, when all you can do is quote "news" articles, or Wikipedia as "evidence."

I think I do indeed have an understanding of what you say is your main point, that SOME people MIGHT have hyppocritical "moral reactions" towards the different politicians involved. That, in some contexts , might have some merit, if it wasn't for the fact of you transferring said "moral reactions" to forum members posting on this topic.

It is not the sex lives of various politicians but the shifting response to that  I think the tape by Trump is obscene. I think the actions winked at in a sitting president is obscene. Some seem to think this indicates the man Trump is and his disrespect for women. This was released to prevent him from winning the presidency. Private disgusting conversation by a private citizen has so many all  but foaming at the mouth in disgust.

That attitude was lacking in support for Bill Clinton. Same attitude here. We might all have our own understanding of what disrespect and assault on women mean but I think Bill Clinton's behavior was just as disrespectful,obscene and in the case of Paula Jones clearly assault.

To be sure Bill Clinton is not running but the attitude that allowed him two terms is suddenly lacking. Bill Clinton had the total responsibility for his actions,his lies and his obstruction of justice charges. I consider it very abusive for a man to try to absolve himself at the expense of another which is what he did. He couldn't even call her by name,it was "that woman" making her a object of scorn and a liar to the nation. That is easily accepted here as a Private affair or whatever.Hillary Clinton abused Monica in the same way

The attitude here,not the actions is what I have a problem with.

Those that support Trump,or will vote for him is spite of have been treated to all sorts of name calling and put downs. I didn't notice this concern then. Trump supporters are stupid,nominal christians,racists etc.  I might not understand the word christian as far as you are concerned but that doesn't look like it to me. I have not been targeting you at all.

I can't rationalize either behavior .One a private affair and one worthy to prevent a man from the presidency. What prevented me from voting for Clinton is the same as will prevent me from voting Trump. If I can absolve Trump of his behavior I should be able to do the same regarding Clinton.

Nor can I buy Hillary Clinton's past behavior or her lies concerning the e-mail controversy .Those that support her don't see it as any big deal,just a little OOPS.Touting her experience.

Where was that experience when she set up the e-mail as she did,knowing how she condemned Bush and how terrible it was?

How did the experience show as she forgot at least 2 dozen security briefings and meetings on how to handle e-mail as SEcretary of State? Many accept this "well gee,I just forgot". 

Not real smart in this day and age. How do you think the FBI recommendation of  Hillary Clinton "was extremely careless" as Secretary of State  would look on someone's resume and would they be not only hired but promoted to the highest position in the country.

Clinton supporters believe this poor woman has been persecuted for years,everyone else is lying. I don't believe that. If I did it would be easy to believe all of Trump's accusers are lying as well.

Trump's accusers of sexual abuse/assault are not as credible as those accusing Clinton,yet Clintons accusers are liars and Trump's accusers speak the truth.

It is understandable that it is a tough election for many,what is not understandable is the disrespect,name calling and out right hostility towards those that don't share the same view of Hillary Clinton.

I don't understand the wink and nod attitude towards this behavior for one and not the other

Everything you do is based on the choices you make. It's not your parents, your past relationships, your job, the economy, the weather, an argument, or your age that is to blame. You and only you are responsible for every decision and choice you make, period ... ... Wish more people would realize this.

It is not the behavior with Monica or forcing his attentions on any woman,or his consensual affairs ,It is the words and actions following.

Anyone worthy of respect when confronted would have taken the responsibility that was  clearly his. He would have owned up to it,apologized not only to the nation but publically to "that woman".

Hillary would have done same in standing by him acknowledging his guilt and that she forgave him and they were working on their marriage. But in typical Clinton fashion it was everyone else's fault,never theirs.

• Members
17 hours ago, rudywoofs (Pam) said:

It really just turns my stomach to think of either Trump or the Clintons in the White House.  :yucky:

I agree, but unfortunately they are who we have to choose from. After 17 choice's on the republican side, the people determined, which I still can't understand, they voted Trump in! As far as the dems are concerned there wasn't very many to choose from!! And in my opinion, they voted the best of the three. Bernie might have been an OK choice, but he was a little to unrealistic in my opinion.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

I will be voting for two more conservative judges on the Supreme Court.  They (and their decisions) will far outlast Trump or Clinton.   I do not want to see Christians persecuted (charged) for discrimination when they refuse to participate in SCOTUS marriage ceremonies. 

The USA is on the verge of economic collapse.  A good businessman might buy us a little more time.  Higher taxes and more businesses leaving the US, certainly won't.  And increasing Muslim refugee immigration won't help those already residing in the USA, either. 

I will be voting on the more important issues - NOT on whether either candidate was always sexually faithful. 

8thdaypriest

Yes, got to watch out for those Muslims, need to watch out for those Jewss, watch out for those Japanese! Business leave the USA because of the people of the USA! We the people do not want to pay a fair price or a fair wage for the producers of the product and that is a fact. Business can increase their profits by paying labor abroad at a much lower rate than in the USA. They also get better quality for the product. 

• Members
36 minutes ago, CoAspen said:

Yes, got to watch out for those Muslims, need to watch out for those Jewss, watch out for those Japanese! Business leave the USA because of the people of the USA! We the people do not want to pay a fair price or a fair wage for the producers of the product and that is a fact. Business can increase their profits by paying labor abroad at a much lower rate than in the USA. They also get better quality for the product. 

my grandpa's cousin, Admiral Richmond Kelly Turner, didn't pay attention to the warnings about the Japanese, and because of that, Pearl Harbor was caught unawares and off guard on December 7, 1941 — and the US was plunged into WWII.

It's a gallant idea to want to be open and welcoming to all people.  Unfortunately, not all people are trustworthy or care about anyone or anything except their own ideologies.  And the sad fact, is that there are very few ways of ferreting out who is "safe" and who is not.  

The Statue of Liberty has her hand lifted with the torch not only as a beacon to light the way for those "yearning to breathe free," but also as a symbol of perpetual vigilance to *keep* America safe.

Pam     coffeecomputer.GIF   

Meddle Not In the Affairs of Dragons; for You Are Crunchy and Taste Good with Ketchup.

If we all sang the same note in the choir, there'd never be any harmony.

Funny, isn't it, how we accept Grace for ourselves and demand justice for others?

1 hour ago, CoAspen said:

You may not understand the aversion to being sued and a attempt to have your business destroyed but most people object to that.

We have a business locally that attracted many immigrants,not a problem. The company paid well above average and when you understood the job there was a reason for that. Minimal english was required along with no experience or special skill. On hire the rules were clearly spelled out.

Muslim employee's  accepted the job knowing that there were parts of that job their religion forbid. Once hired their demands began with threats of discrimination lawsuits.It cost the company a lot of money. Thee company did succeed in the end and you might be able to understand their reluctance to hire muslim immigrants now . I can't work there because of the mandatory requirement to work on sabbath so should I accept knowing that and then cry foul?

Those that operate the food shelves are strictly volunteers. They are harassed because they do not carry muslim approved dietary items. No one is turned away based on their religion or race but it is not a high end grocery where you get to pick what pleases you and leave without paying. There isn't any reason a muslim cannot use some of the items and depend on the other more established muslims to fill the other requirement. There is money to recruit and to send those recruits for terrorist training overseas,so they certainly should have the resources to provide for those in their community.

It is gangs of muslims here that have been going into neighborhoods terrorizing the residents,threatening to rape the women and young girls. So obviously there will be a little push back there.

It appears in 2008 Hillary Clinton had enough of the same concerns she voted to build a border wall.  Does that mean she hated muslims an thought it a good idea to watch out for them?

Ya, I live in a state where there were intenment camps for the Japanese. You do know what I was referring too! We also had the same feeling about the Irish, Puerto Ricans, etc. Prejudice towards others who think, look and act differently than us Americans has a long tradition. Remember the great American hero Andrew Jackson, wanted to wipe out all NA's. Ever since WASP set foot on this continent the desire to exclude others has been strong. 

Reading the history behind PH was not about being 'unaware' but the belief it couldn't happen to us. That was a countries leadership not the 'immagrant' who attacked us. 

51 minutes ago, CoAspen said:

Ya, I live in a state where there were intenment camps for the Japanese. You do know what I was referring too! We also had the same feeling about the Irish, Puerto Ricans, etc. Prejudice towards others who think, look and act differently than us Americans has a long tradition. Remember the great American hero Andrew Jackson, wanted to wipe out all NA's. Ever since WASP set foot on this continent the desire to exclude others has been strong. 

Reading the history behind PH was not about being 'unaware' but the belief it couldn't happen to us. That was a countries leadership not the 'immagrant' who attacked us. 

Protecting one's neighborhood and business by those that have shown a determined effort to cause problems is not quite the same. The company that ends up almost destroyed by a group wanting to insert their religious dictates in a business is quite different than the internment camps for the Japanese. No one here was alive during Andrew Jackson's time to either champion his desire to wipe out NA's or to protest against it. 

Comparing the mindset and culture of the 18th-19th century to the more current situation is not even a comparison.

If your business was being deliberately destroyed would you sit back and remember Andrew Jackson or the Japanese and let it go because of that? Or accept the terrorizing of your wife and children in their own home,afraid to leave the house because of past history? You may be willing to answer yes,but a lot of people aren't willing to. That does not make you better or superior to them.

Then I am sure you have the same disdain for Hillary Clinton using the same reasoning as Trump and even voting for the border wall.