ClubAdventist is back!

Schisms and the Voice of God

Gregory Matthews

• Administrators

What comes to mind in response to reading this interesting point of view is, "my ways are not your ways, and my thoughts are not your thoughts as high as the heavens are above the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

We are small, and this smallness leads us to talk and walk in ways that hinder the work of the Holy Spirit.  It is for us to have hearts and minds enlarged by the greatness and goodness and wisdom of the God who saved us.  This is not comfortable or easy for any of us.  Some are bolder than others to reach for this higher and ever higher.  We do have a few Joshua's and Caleb's in our midst.

The Lord does not lead us to bicker and complain, and attempt to control one another.  This we can be sure of.  As a human being, to be completely honest, I find it most natural and easy to get caught in this snare.  God help us all.

• Like 2

deb

Love awakens love.

Let God be true and every man a liar.

• Moderators

I have contributed to independent ministries before but never with my tithe.  My problem with independent ministries is - to whom are they accountable?   Who knows what they are teaching?

As of now, I send the bulk of my tithes to my local church which then forwards it to the conference.   I do send a portion to an overseas mission (not independent) who employs someone to pastor the church where I came from many years ago for which I have a special burden.

10 hours ago, debbym said:

The Lord does not lead us to bicker and complain, and attempt to control one another.  

This Word below helped me long ago, my life receiving much more of the peace that is a fruit coming from the Holy Spirit, when practiced.

1 Corinthians 13:4-7Amplified Bible (AMP)

Love endures with patience and serenity, love is kind and thoughtful, and is not jealous or envious; love does not brag and is not proud or arrogant. It is not rude; it is not self-seeking, it is not provoked [nor overly sensitive and easily angered]; it does not take into account a wrong endured. It does not rejoice at injustice, but rejoices with the truth [when right and truth prevail]. Love bears all things [regardless of what comes], believes all things [looking for the best in each one], hopes all things [remaining steadfast during difficult times], endures all things [without weakening].

This I know cannot be accomplished other than by the infilling of the Holy Spirit, nor perhaps even understood.

A prayer I ask the Father in Heaven to fulfill in my life.

12 “I have many more things to say to you, but you cannot bear [to hear] them now. 13 But when He, the Spirit of Truth, comes, He will guide you into all the truth [full and complete truth]. For He will not speak on His own initiative, but He will speak whatever He hears [from the Father—the message regarding the Son], and He will disclose to you what is to come [in the future]. 14 He will glorify and honor Me, because He (the Holy Spirit) will take from what is Mine and will disclose it to you.

looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith...Hebrews 12:2

God is Love!~Jesus saves!  :D     :prayer:     :offtobed:

Lift Jesus up!!