ClubAdventist is back!

Sacred Time Unremembered

james423

• Moderators

Currently my Sabbath reading includes a book titled Sacred Time unRemembered; how the original Sabbath was lost - and why it matters. It goes through the history of the observance of the seventh-day Sabbath of Scripture and how that observance was lost for most Christians. It also gives the reasons why the seventh-day Sabbath is still supposed to be a moral force in a Christian's life.

It's a good book not suited for speed reading.  I ran across some interesting historical items, including the fact that the Council of Trent had a group of people who wanted the Roman Catholic Church to commit to following nothing but what the Bible taught.  One of the archbishops managed to get rid of that notion by a very powerful (in an evil way) sermon.

I bought the book at the Collegedale (TN) ABC, but it is published by Torchlight Intelligence Publishing, not one of the regular Adventist publishing houses or university presses. The book certainly sheds new light on an interesting subject.

• Like 2

James Brenneman