ClubAdventist is back!

Friday the 13th is GOOD Luck!

Ron Lambert

It turned out that Friday the 13th was pretty fortunate for me. My mom saw an ad in the local paper for a car being offered on a two-year lease at a local dealership for a good price. So I got my brother Bill who lives nearby to take me. It took a long time, and we discovered it would cost more than the ad said because I was not coming off of a previous lease, but they finally got me into a 2017 Chevy Cruze LT (light silver-grey). It has so many modern features--rear camera for backup, key-less remote start, high-res digital display screen on the dash, Onstar, WiFi! The dealer smiled and said, "Welcome to the 21st century!" Actually, when I got home finally, I was pretty tired, and somehow forgot how to turn off the car. I had to read the owner's manual. Finally I realized: "Oh yes! there is a big Start/Stop button on the dash." I decided not to drive it to church until I am better acquainted with the car.

This is definitely the nicest car I have ever been allowed to drive. Now when the check comes from the insurance company of the driver who hit my previous car (and was ticketed), that will help to pay for the increased costs. And after two years, I can lease another new car for about half the cost.

Have I told you my theory about Friday the 13th?

Some people wonder where the tradition that Friday the 13th is unlucky got started. My suspicion is that Satan started it. He is the one who views Friday the 13th as unlucky--for him. Why? 13 is the sum of the numbers six and seven. Six is the number that signifies man, because man was created on the sixth day of Creation Week. Seven is the number that signifies God, because God created life on earth in seven days, and ordained the seventh day as the Rest Day that would forever be the Sabbath for mankind, in commemoration of Creation. Since Jesus is both the Son of God and the Son of Man, the sum of 7 and 6, 13, symbolically represents Jesus our Savior. Furthermore, Jesus was crucified on Friday. That is what signaled the final death knell of Satan's kingdom--when Jesus went through with it, despite all the horrendous treatment that Satan incited humans to heap upon Him, hoping to break Him and turn Him aside from His purpose.

So we humans should regard Friday the 13th as a supremely "lucky" or fortunate day for US! It signifies our Salvation in Christ! It is the sign of Christ's victory for us on Calvary! Whenever we have a Friday the 13th, we should celebrate it as "Salvation Day!"

Ron

• Members

I've never thought that the number 13 was unlucky. All my uniform numbers had 13 on them. Whatever sport I played, I had the # 13  on the back.

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

phKrause--have you perhaps always been a tad defiant of convention? :)

Fear of Friday the 13th is so common, a name has been coined for it: "paraskevidekatriaphobia"

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triskaidekaphobia

As the article referenced above states, there is a common fear of the number 13 itself. Such that some apartment buildings omit the 13th floor.

• Members

LOL! Absolutely!!!!! :rollingsmile:

phkrause

By the decree enforcing the institution of the papacy in violation of the law of God, our nation will disconnect herself fully from righteousness. When Protestantism shall stretch her hand across the gulf to grasp the hand of the Roman power, when she shall reach over the abyss to clasp hands with spiritualism, when, under the influence of this threefold union, our country shall repudiate every principle of its Constitution as a Protestant and republican government, and shall make provision for the propagation of papal falsehoods and delusions, then we may know that the time has come for the marvelous working of Satan and that the end is near. {5T 451.1}

Speaking of omitting the 13th floor.  We saw a documentary of President Trump and his tower is said to have 10 more floors than it actually has.  I forget the exact number someting like 76 actually are there but he refers to his tower as 86 floors and he inhabited the top one.  I don't know how that jives with the elevator numbers.